Tony Romo H.C. > Urban Myers

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He probably would've got to an nfc championship game if Dez catches it, Murray doesn't fumble with NO ONE in front of him and Bailey doesn't miss that field goal. Disagree?

No, can't disagree. But the fact is, it still didn't happen.

All of NE's SB's IMO are tainted but yet they still have 6 wins.
The 2 wins over Dallas in the 70's are also, with bad calls, and a Jackie Smith dropped TD, but yet they were losses.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't remember the "3 bad sacks", doubt they happend like you say. I remember the most "accurate kicker" in nfl history missing a 48 yarder. A 1 legged Aaron Rodgers standing in the pocket all day with the worst defensive line in recent memory getting no pressure on him.
I know. For some reason, people who defend Romo conveniently forget he also made mistakes in important games, yet don’t have problems remembering other players mistakes. For example, they can remember Crayton dropping a pass but can’t remember Romo missing a wide open Terrell Owens in the red zone in the same game. Don’t worry, I am used to the tactic.
But I agree, if all the other players didn’t make their mistakes, the team probably could have overcome Romo’s mistakes, so your point is taken.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Didn’t he just lose a family member not long before that game?
No, but his dad was battling cancer

What he said was 1000% correct but he didn't realize how many totally brain dead fans were out there that had no perspective on actual real life.

He later said he probably shouldn't have spoken in deeper terms like that to the media.
Way over some people’s head (my words not his....he never spoke ill of fans)

plasticman

Reaction score
Urban Meyers, and any other successful college coach, won with the team they built, using the players they recruited. They acquired players that prospered under their scheme.

That will never happen in Dallas. Meyers may have some "input" but he will never have enough control to create his style of team. He will be forced to adjust his style just like every Cowboy coach since Jimmy Johnson. Many draft picks will be talented players but poor fits offensively and defensively.

Under Jerry
That moment was when a lot of fans went nuts and soured on him and refused to look at facts from then on, claiming Romo sucked.
It was one of several incidents that seemed to indicate Tony's lack of commitment and level of intensity when it came to participating in elimination level games. At the very least, it did create an unfavorable perception. It also seems to suggest a lack of consideration for some teammates, particularly the ones that were considering retirement or perhaps an incentive based on winning in the playoffs.

He's not the only one that underestimated the importance of winning combined with the short window of opportunity. An NFL career is short but success can make you wealthy for life. That's certainly worth postponing certain activities until after retirement and dedicating the time as a player to being as focused and prepared as much as possible to winning a Super Bowl, as opposed to spending time during a playoff bye to a visit to Cabo.