Tony Romo H.C. > Urban Myers

ultron

Reaction score
Much lower but still pretty decent at $ 4 million a year. Of course that will balloon on his next contract if he chooses to keep commentating.
So you want him to take a $6 million/year pay cut and take on a much more stressful job?

cern

Reaction score
So you want him to take a $6 million/year pay cut and take on a much more stressful job?
Garrett makes 6 million. No way tony takes less. I bet Tony's enjoying life a lot more than Garrett at the moment.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I think that Romo prefers to call and predict plays in the booth, without the pressure of having to coach and win on the sideline.

johneric8

Reaction score
Jerry glanville > Romo....... zero chance of landing either. #threadsmadebydopes

shabazz

Reaction score
He was correct in that statement

sports are entertainment. Treat it as such

Yup, perspective is a a good quality. If one has done their best in career or other endeavors there’s no requirement that one has to be dramatic about it or feign outrage. Everyone deals with disappointment in different ways, especially when there are a couple dozen other people involved in the outcome

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Besides decision making another big knock on Romo was his leadership skills. Good luck being a solid HC if you can’t lead a group of men. Players have to buy into their head coach. The bottom line is the players and most of the fans aren’t going to buy into another former Cowboys QB as HC who has close ties with Jerry Jones, especially one with no coaching experience.

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
All due respect but anybody wanting Tony Romo as a head coach is dreaming. Romo would be worse then Garrett. What experience would he bring? The players are not going to be fanboys like fans.:facepalm: Unbelievable:facepalm: Smith is trolling again:facepalm: What an idiot he has become.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I would be down for it, at this point anything is an upgrade to JG. I just think the pay he gets being in the booth vs the stress of coaching is gonna keep him from doing it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would love it!

but realistically he is getting 10 million a year at this point for broadcasting games?

you would have to give him 13 million a year to coach...
HppNa3i.gif

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Tony Romo should be a strong candidate H.C. with his knowledge and experience in the pros. I would take him over Urban Myers 24/7.

Yes by all means let's take advice on who should coach the Cowboys based on Stephen A Smith's recommendation.

nobody

Reaction score
Romo is going to be in the HoF someday. As a broadcaster and a player.

no way he gives that up for an HC burnout job.

I agree completely. However, he doesn't have the mentality to be a HC anyway. But QB, OC, and Broadcaster? No complaints.

Reaction score
Being successful in Dallas is a nearly impossible task of which Romo is already painfully aware,,, no way he signs up for that again.

Last edited:

Master22

Reaction score
“If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I will have lived a good life.” - Tony Romo, after losing to the Eagles, and being eliminated from playoff contention.

No thanks, I don't want a HC that accepts losing so nonchalantly.
Didn’t he just lose a family member not long before that game?

nobody

Reaction score
Didn’t he just lose a family member not long before that game?

That moment was when a lot of fans went nuts and soured on him and refused to look at facts from then on, claiming Romo sucked.

Slim_JD

Reaction score
Didn't overcome him enough even to get a playoff win. Didn't overcome him enough on win and in games.
I like Romo but fans need to stop this Jedi Warrior stuff. They memories are false. Great stats, still no playoffs success. And that is more on Garrett and the coaches. AND Jerry, as the defenses back then sucked also.
He probably would've got to an nfc championship game if Dez catches it, Murray doesn't fumble with NO ONE in front of him and Bailey doesn't miss that field goal. Disagree?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He probably would've got to an nfc championship game if Dez catches it, Murray doesn't fumble with NO ONE in front of him and Bailey doesn't miss that field goal. Disagree?
And he didn’t fumble the 3rd down play before half and didn’t take 3 bad sacks helping stall drives.

Slim_JD

Reaction score
And he didn’t fumble the 3rd down play before half and didn’t take 3 bad sacks helping stall drives.
I don't remember the "3 bad sacks", doubt they happend like you say. I remember the most "accurate kicker" in nfl history missing a 48 yarder. A 1 legged Aaron Rodgers standing in the pocket all day with the worst defensive line in recent memory getting no pressure on him.