Tony Romo has to be the best analyst since John Madden

droopdog7

Reaction score
So, I’m actually not particularly impressed by Romo the analyst.

rags747

Reaction score
crazy how smart he is. He knows situation football. Its like they call and tell him what plays they are going to run before they run it.
I can see Romo getting another contract in the booth making a lot more money. Do he really want to come back to Dallas and deal with Jerry and the fans who boo'd him?
Parcels always said that he was Too Smart, always a step ahead.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
He literally called every single third down play on the last drive exactly right. Bill Polian once said Romo was the third best pre -snap read quarterback in football behind Manning and Brady.

He proves it every week.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
crazy how smart he is. He knows situation football. Its like they call and tell him what plays they are going to run before they run it.
I can see Romo getting another contract in the booth making a lot more money. Do he really want to come back to Dallas and deal with Jerry and the fans who boo'd him?
I don’t think he can make much money outside of what he makes now. He definitely can’t make more than Nantz because he does more for CBS than just football. Basically he can’t make more than any play by play or analyst that does more for CBS besides football.

In coaching, he has the potential to make two or three times the money. He will just have to burn midnight oil (I don’t think he has the desire to do it but he does have an ego to leave a mark in everything he does).

rags747

Reaction score
Deion, still doing that S L O W boil that he’s got a gig on NFL Network Sunday nights.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Romo is the best color analyst in football and found success immediately.

He's ultra-competitive so I could see him being a coach down the road but he has already stated that working in television allows him time with his three young boys.