Tony Romo has to be the best analyst since John Madden

nobody

Reaction score
I like Aikman, he’s not afraid to give you the truth. Romo has a little Gruden in him where he’s constantly praising everyone.

But still, Romo is also my favorite. He’s actually funny

Except Aikman's been wishy washy and kind of following the herd on opinions on players and such. Other than that, I like that he's generally truthful.

Romo is definitely more entertaining and I think has a better grasp of the current game than any other analyst.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not to mention, Romo is also rolling in more endorsements since retiring due to his increased national profile.
He was overloaded with offers early in his career,--after becoming a starter in 2006--but turned them down.
Of course, he then got a decent contract soon after. So that helped.
Much later, he slowly started taking a few....like Under Armour, etc.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
oh cool..i always liked the box look with cool bumpers
The 6 series wasn't boxy at all, sleek especially by the late 70's early 80's standards. I did like the bumpers, I had a Euro version with the slim bumpers, the car never got federalized.

3VTMZRO.jpg

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He does very well breaking down football and talking about the plays to a level to where even the average housewife says “ah ok I understand”. Of course he knows football but unlike other analysts, he spends most of his time talking about the action, the game, the plays, and not an individual’s performance. Coach knight in basketball did the same thing when he analyzes but it’s obvious he is an a$$hole which nobody wants to pay attention to. Tony has lots of charisma, humble, down to earth. Bradshaw, strahan and a couple others are likable, but you’d genuinely would want to go have a beer with romo.

Tony obviously enjoys watching the game. He's not "announcing" as much as watching a game and sharing what he's thinking while he watches it.

What you'd like to do is to watch a game with Romo. And you get to.

I think the real magic is that Romo talks about what's going to happen, not what did happen. It's anticipation and reward of successful prediction. He's probably giving the audience dopamine hits with all the successful predictions, because *they* knew what was coming too.

Good point about the game vs. the individual performances.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The 6 series wasn't boxy at all, sleek especially by the late 70's early 80's standards. I did like the bumpers, I had a Euro version with the slim bumpers, the car never got federalized.

3VTMZRO.jpg
i liked the box look back in the day with Bmers...how about you?

pansophy

Reaction score
Actually between Romo’s playing career and if he continues to be an analyst for the next couple decades..... he will make the Hall of fame.
Agree he has a shot with a sustained analyst gig that changes how broadcasting goes. Personally would love that.