Recap: Tony Romo Interview on "105.3 The Fan"...Audio Post #7

honyock

Reaction score
Thanks for the work on that, great recap.

I want Tony to get a ring as badly as I wanted Dirk to get a ring.

Zordon

Reaction score
I like the "unfiltered" Romo. Too often we get the canned and diluted Romo. These occasional interviews remind us why we like the guy.

He definitely made a conscious decision to go into a shell about 3 or 4 years ago.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Don't know how you can't like this guy. Hopefully we're finally going to put a team around him that has the same emotion and attitude about this franchise instead of collecting a paycheck like the Marion Barbers of the world.

Zordon

Reaction score
Don't know how you can't like this guy. Hopefully we're finally going to put a team around him that has the same emotion and attitude about this franchise instead of collecting a paycheck like the Marion Barbers of the world.

News flash bro, it's 2014. Marion Barber and the rest of the scapegoats are all gone.

I don't know how guys like yourself can still make comments like this about the personnel yet, out the other side of your mouth, claim "culture change" accolades for Garrett. Can't have it both ways.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I will never understand why some fans seem to have this personal dislike for tony. Not just as a player, fumbled snap, blah blah, but as a person..dude was an undrafted free agent, not a ryan leaf first round pic. the guy has never done anything but be a professional. i hope he.s head coach one day, he.s the type that could be imo.

This. I hope he goes on to be a hc

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'd say about 6 or 7, but the point remains the same.

Yeah.
It was the crucifixion he got for the comment regarding there being worse things in life (hint..his dad's cancer) than losing a football game.
Aikman told him even though he was 1000% right! Joe Bubba (low IQ) fan does not want to here that and maybe he should take stoic Aikman 101 class.
He's starting to open up some publicly after all this time, but it was a lesson.

Section446

Reaction score
Yeah.
It was the crucifixion he got for the comment regarding there being worse things in life (hint..his dad's cancer) than losing a football game.
Aikman told him even though he was 1000% right! Joe Bubba (low IQ) fan does not want to HERE that and maybe he should take stoic Aikman 101 class.
He's starting to open up some publicly after all this time, but it was a lesson.

I see what you did there.

btcutter

Reaction score
I like Romo personally. I will always prefer a more vocal leader but I like him personally and the fact that he gives back to community and is very visible around town. What's done is done, my guy Manziel is in Cleveland. The organization is behind Romo for the foreseeable future, so I got to get behind him. That being said, ON PAPER, this offense has no excuse to not put up 2007 types of numbers this year. Oline is the truth, the 2nd tight end is there, it looks like we're going to be deep at receiver and running back and we finally have an aggressive coordinator. CZ wants Romo friendly, this is pretty damn close. It's time now to put it together and get in the playoffs...EVEN if the defense is just slightly better than last year, the offense should be good enough to overcome them more often than not. I have very high expectations for Romo this year.

Question is.....what is a Romo friendly offense? We saw over the past few years the over reliance on Romo's by our head coach/coordinators. Will that change? Or do they think giving him an extra 1/2 second is Romo friendly? 2 TEs? 3 WRs?

To me personally a Romo friendly offense is one that he DOES NOT throw the ball more than 30 x per game. In fact, like Parcell says you need to protect Romo from himself. It should be a run dominated offense with Romo sprinkled into it. I don't care if you got 9 man fronts but WE ARE RUNNING RIGHT AT YOU! Then pass action becomes so deadly with Romo that team will be afraid to stack the line.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'd say about 6 or 7, but the point remains the same.
People forget how much of a jokester this guy used to be to the media.

I'll never forget the video posted on dc.com in 2007 after we beat the Dolphins. He was asked to sum up the game in 1 word or 1 sentence.

His response: "Slut".

Reporter: "What?"

Romo: "I don't know, we won."

DFWJC

Reaction score
Question is.....what is a Romo friendly offense? We saw over the past few years the over reliance on Romo's by our head coach/coordinators. Will that change? Or do they think giving him an extra 1/2 second is Romo friendly? 2 TEs? 3 WRs?

To me personally a Romo friendly offense is one that he DOES NOT throw the ball more than 30 x per game. In fact, like Parcell says you need to protect Romo from himself. It should be a run dominated offense with Romo sprinkled into it. I don't care if you got 9 man fronts but WE ARE RUNNING RIGHT AT YOU! Then pass action becomes so deadly with Romo that team will be afraid to stack the line.

I agree. A romo friendly offense has a run game you can lean on and pass protection you can count on. I'd say they are getting there, so no real excuses from the offense.

The defense just needs to advance some too.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are plenty of other Romo/Cowboys-hate threads to post in, so I'm highly recommending you avoid posting that stuff in this thread if you want to keep your access to this site. One and only warning.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the "unfiltered" Romo. Too often we get the canned and diluted Romo. These occasional interviews remind us why we like the guy.

I miss those old Romo interviews where he spoke from the heart. Anymore I would prefer a different player get interviewed because I already know what Romo is going to say.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
There are 90 guys on this roster now. When the QB singles out a D-lineman (Crawford) for praise, I think it merits notice. Remember when Jimmy Johnson, told the media that he sometimes talks to his players through them? I think this is Romo telling the other guys they need to work as hard as Crawford does. Oh wait, ...couldn't be that, that would be something a team leader would do and I've read hundreds of posts that Romo is not a leader.....

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Thank you for that - it was great. And I gotta say a tip of the hat to Zordon for liking it, when I think we're all waiting for the first disparaging post about Tony.

Zordon doesn't dislike Tony as a person. In Fact he likes Tony as a football talent and a player. Zordon like many fans have lost faith in some of the decision making at times, and all the jokes that are made about Romo. I myself would love to believe again as I'm sure Zordon would as well. JMO

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Still is awe at the love that overrated RB got here. SMH

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I will never understand why some fans seem to have this personal dislike for tony. Not just as a player, fumbled snap, blah blah, but as a person..dude was an undrafted free agent, not a ryan leaf first round pic. the guy has never done anything but be a professional. i hope he.s head coach one day, he.s the type that could be imo.

As a story and person he is A1, just want to see him get smarter in big moments.