Recap: Tony Romo Interview on "105.3 The Fan"...Audio Post #7

coult44

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says. I love having Tony Romo as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.

I've been HUGE Romo guy since before he got here. I've Traveled to away games just to watch him. On Game days there are six #9 jerseys being worn in my house. With all that being said, he's gonna have to win me back. His talk is great. Butttttttttt, it's talk. Is he exciting? Used to be, prove it now... Can he win? Yes, but with a new defense and possibly new HC. Will he win SB? I hope!!! Stop talking about being as good as we were 7-8 years ago. That's the problem. They thought they were good. Where are the championships? We have had as many playoff wins the last two years as we did back then. Go to work Tony,,,let your play do the talking!!!!

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
You actually think he made that story up. Unprovoked. Just flat out lied?

Has he even seemed like someone that would that ?

On live radio, where he could easily be busted, you think he is a liar.

Wow

Thank you. I really just shook my head at that response. It's absolutely amazing.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
he said what he had was nowhere near as bad as what some others have had, that he knows his body, and has zero doubt he will get back to 100%.
He said he feels real confident he can play another 5 years and that he even has upside.

insert the quote...
Romo responded saying “There’s no question in my mind that not only will I make it though 16 games – I’ll make it through another five years.”

This is great to hear. Disc issues can be so drastically different from one person to the next it is just hard to know what to expect.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

The Live Event Jinx

He thought that was real funny.
I think Ben kind of answered it for him though...saying that he was at the Duke game and they won and was at the OKC closeout game and pulling for them and they won. Romo just laughed..said he's been real lucky thins year...maybe 80% wins.
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...1-the-many-victims-of-the-tony-romo-curse.ece

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I like the "unfiltered" Romo. Too often we get the canned and diluted Romo. These occasional interviews remind us why we like the guy.

I'm not bothered by the canned and diluted Romo because I know the reason behind it all. I'm grateful we don't have the RG3 Messiah complex type QB leading our team. That guy is as narcisistic as they come.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been HUGE Romo guy since before he got here. I've Traveled to away games just to watch him. On Game days there are six #9 jerseys being worn in my house. With all that being said, he's gonna have to win me back. His talk is great. Butttttttttt, it's talk. Is he exciting? Used to be, prove it now... Can he win? Yes, but with a new defense and possibly new HC. Will he win SB? I hope!!! Stop talking about being as good as we were 7-8 years ago. That's the problem. They thought they were good. Where are the championships? We have had as many playoff wins the last two years as we did back then. Go to work Tony,,,let your play do the talking!!!!

Every year they put mics in our players faces and ask questions about the upcoming season. And every year fans complain about the too much talking. It's part of the ritual.

And if Romo hasn't won you over by now, it's very unlikely he ever will. He's going to get worse, and not better, from here on out.

Unless of course you're just judging him on team accomplishments. In that case, he'll play as well as the awful defense allows him to play.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
News flash bro, it's 2014. Marion Barber and the rest of the scapegoats are all gone.

I don't know how guys like yourself can still make comments like this about the personnel yet, out the other side of your mouth, claim "culture change" accolades for Garrett. Can't have it both ways.

What does he have to do Zordon? He has the best 4th qtr qbr and the best comeback win percentage in the NFL! How many times has he brought the team back to score a go ahead score with less than 3 minutes to go and the defense lets the other team go to score the game winning score. It's ridiculous. He drives us down to win 12 times but gives up 1 in desperation and he is vilified by posters like you. I will say it again... pick a qb.. any qb and put him on our team with our offensive line problems we've had and our all time bad defenses and tell me they are going to do better. Not Brady, not Manning(s), Not Brees ... no one does any better and most would probably do worse. . especially considering Romo has THE BEST 4th qtr qbr.

coult44

Reaction score
Every year they put mics in our players faces and ask questions about the upcoming season. And every year fans complain about the too much talking. It's part of the ritual.

And if Romo hasn't won you over by now, it's very unlikely he ever will. He's going to get worse, and not better, from he re on out.

Unless of course you're just judging him on team accomplishments. In that case, he'll play as well as the awful defense allows him to play.

Did you just skip the part where I said I was always a huge Romo fan. He had me , then lost me Commander game two years ago...

Passepartout

Reaction score
It is not about the stats with Romo. It is about getting the team to the next level and winning a playoff game!

khiladi

Reaction score
His comments about Crawford are interesting. He definitely gave him a big cosign. Mickey says Crawford is a workout warrior, never leaves Valley Ranch. I'm glad DeMarcus Lawrence will be following his lead.

Workout warrior means nothing.. Laron Landry was one and couldn't stay on the field because of injuries and blew coverages on a regular, despite laying the wood. That white dude who was a safety from Denver I believe, that went to play with the Commanders was another.

khiladi

Reaction score
Question is.....what is a Romo friendly offense? We saw over the past few years the over reliance on Romo's by our head coach/coordinators. Will that change? Or do they think giving him an extra 1/2 second is Romo friendly? 2 TEs? 3 WRs?

To me personally a Romo friendly offense is one that he DOES NOT throw the ball more than 30 x per game. In fact, like Parcell says you need to protect Romo from himself. It should be a run dominated offense with Romo sprinkled into it. I don't care if you got 9 man fronts but WE ARE RUNNING RIGHT AT YOU! Then pass action becomes so deadly with Romo that team will be afraid to stack the line.

A Romo friendly offense is getting Garrett as far away from the offense as possible. It hasn't been Romo friendly, which is why he's always playing with broken ribs and bad backs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is hard to say how the back will hold up and I know people have made comparisons to Troy Aikman situation but it has been brought up that Troy situation and Romo are not the same. Aikman situation was a Degenerative back issue not brought about by any particular event while Romo is not a Degenerative issue. Again I don't know how this will affect Romo but his and Troy situations are not the same.

Califan007

Reaction score
To me personally a Romo friendly offense is one that he DOES NOT throw the ball more than 30 x per game. In fact, like Parcell says you need to protect Romo from himself. It should be a run dominated offense with Romo sprinkled into it. I don't care if you got 9 man fronts but WE ARE RUNNING RIGHT AT YOU! Then pass action becomes so deadly with Romo that team will be afraid to stack the line.

I've said this exact same thing on here several times in the past about what would be best for both Romo and the Cowboys...said he would be deadly in that kind of offense. Got a few eyerolls and snickers at the suggestion lol (didn't surprise me).

DFWJC

Reaction score
Did you just skip the part where I said I was always a huge Romo fan. He had me , then lost me Commander game two years ago...

I understand that was brutal, but given the state of the team and his health at the time, I think some of you beat him up too much for that poor performance.

Plus, I would think his final drive in the more recent win or go home at Washington might help him ...at least some.

He doesn't deserve a full pass, but he really has left body parts on the field on a regular basis for this franchise.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
So where exactly is the interview, I clicked on post #7 and nothing came up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So where exactly is the interview, I clicked on post #7 and nothing came up.

I just looked it up figuring by now it had been moved.

You'll need to go that link, click on Ben and Skin, then it's about the 5th one down on the left.
Good luck.