Tony Romo is the next Joe Montana

Doomsday101

Reaction score
austintodallas;1252696 said:
Sorry, got a little carried away.

No problem. At least you did not do the Jim Mora "Playoffs?, Playoffs? what are you talking about Playoffs" :lmao2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DipChit;1252694 said:
Well at least if it has anything to do with number of years played in the league it wont happen to Romo. Romo started too late in life to get more than 11 years in. ;)

Plus for all we know Romo would have a lot more of that in him even now if he was playing for a team with a chumpy receiving corp compared to the one we have. Pressing too hard to make something happen when nobody has a step.
Imagine Parcells coaching Favre. He'd have a stroke.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
theogt;1252701 said:
Imagine Parcells coaching Favre. He'd have a stroke.

No, just third string, with a daily comment to the press claiming, "He's not ready yet."

;)

Bizwah

Reaction score
There's nothing like an unfair comparison to an all-time great.

I like Romo. But let him play a full season first.

I really think that Romo would thrive in a WCO/type system. He can move, he's accurate, he had nice timing on his throws.

Reaction score
How can people compare him to an All-Time great so soon, I mean he's only played in eight games thus far, let's wait a few years before crowning Romo the next anything....

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Romo has played well, surprised most of us thus far, but I think it's bit premature and unfair (to him) to say he will be the next _________ (insert any of the great QBs).

Let's just enjoy the ride and see where this young QB takes us. :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The one thing that has impressed me most with Romo is how he is able to convert on 3rd down. The guy is hitting over 72% on his passes on 3rd down. That shows me that he can handle the pressure situations with a certain calmness about him.

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1252679 said:
Tom Brady is closer to Joe "Cool", then is Romo IMO.

I wouldnt' compare the above. Brady just seems like he's whining about something all the time. Either in the media or on the field. He's a puddin'.

Though I'm not a fan of his because of the old rivalry, and it irks me to say this, Joe always seemed like a class guy to me. No griping and complaining, just go throw TD passes like it was nothing. Not drive the field so your kicker can kick the field goal to win it.

IMHO

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don't know. I'll think he'll have to pay a lot of money to be called the next "Joe Montana."

The real guy would probably charge and arm and a leg. ;)

Reaction score
TtownCowboy;1252729 said:
I wouldnt' compare the above. Brady just seems like he's whining about something all the time. Either in the media or on the field. He's a puddin'.

Though I'm not a fan of his because of the old rivalry, and it irks me to say this, Joe always seemed like a class guy to me. No griping and complaining, just go throw TD passes like it was nothing. Not drive the field so your kicker can kick the field goal to win it.

IMHO

Brady complains less than just about any QB I've seen with the status he's reached, I wouldn't agree with that...

DipChit

Reaction score
Well yeah to say he actually *is* something at this point other than Tony Romo is a bit much, obviously.

When I say who he reminds me of it's just based on how he looks when he plays.. nothing to do with results up until now or the prospect for the future.

I'm sayin like if you could do like photoshop but instead of for a still shot where you put him in a diff uni, do it on video to where he and everyone he was playing with were all wearing Packer or 49er or Pats or whatever uni's.

The way he plays I could more easily mistake him for Favre in a Packer uni than Montana in a Niner one... regardless of the actual outcome of any plays. ;)

cowboys19

Reaction score
I remember reading once where Brady complained what car he won when he won some sort of award, might have been the super bowl MVP or something like that. I respected him a little less after that

cowboys19

Reaction score
Tony "Cool" Romo.

The Immaculate Reception 2

6 super bowl's

i think he will reach godly status before his career is over. Book it, take it to the bank, whatever you want to do

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
ELDudearino;1252683 said:
If Romo played for the Lions or the Texans, we would not even know his name..;)
If Parcells hadn't come back this year, Romo probably would've been starting for the Saints since week 1.

Talk about Pandora's box...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
percyhoward;1252842 said:
If Parcells hadn't come back this year, Romo probably would've been starting for the Saints since week 1.

Talk about Pandora's box...

:hammer:

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1252740 said:
Brady complains less than just about any QB I've seen with the status he's reached, I wouldn't agree with that...

I don't know. There were a lot of clips of PCs w/him over the last couple of years peein and moanin about them being the underdog and nobody believing in them-boo freakin hoo. I guess it just got old to me. Not to mention, I don't know that I've ever seen a QB whine to the officials as much during a game about missed calls. Every incompletion pointing downfield at a D-Back then talking to the ref.