News: Tony Romo on early broadcasting work: 'It was so boring.'

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
He never got hurt Jerry would be still paying him 90 mill and Dak would still be standing on the sidelines:laugh:

terra

Reaction score
Well, I was a Romo defender when he played so I did give him credit but I also saw the warts.

From a purely broadcast perspective, and I spent 25 years in that, he is terrible. He's off the mic and still mumbles and has drop off in his voice with little projection.

I don't know if they've even worked with him but if the viewer has to turn up the volume to hear him over the ambient noise, he needs work on mic presence and projecting.

That's what surprised fans about Aikman when he did so well when he went into broadcasting because his natural voice and projection were not what he used to cut through. He learned voice animation and projection to help create energy. Just look at the difference when Aikman is interviewed and when he's doing his color gig. Romo is the same in both and it's boring but that's just my opinion but the only one I really care about on this subject because it is purely subjective.

I like Romo as a person and I liked him as the QB, but I didn't overlook the mistakes he made but I did understand most of them because he was trying to carry the team.
strange that he is so popular and so well paid and some 'experts' claim he stinks. Some things never change.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You could start a wine business with all your sour grapes.
I don’t like Tony in the booth. He still thinks he knows it all. And he’s getting a good percentage wrong

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But he gets a lot more right then anyone else which makes him the best. And I like it that it makes you whine and cry.
Listen tonight’s game you’ll learn something The Rest don’t try to guess . I don’t called guessing a play being the best

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But he gets a lot more right then anyone else which makes him the best. And I like it that it makes you whine and cry.
I’m glad you enjoy him. I don’t need to be told what’s coming. After 60 years of watching football. I’m pretty wild can handle it myself

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have listened to about a dozen of his games and they prove you WRONG.

But you will NEVER admit it. Which tells all that is needed to know about you.
He was wrong and Called out twice on it yesterday. Were you listening

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Speculation, Yep you keep Wishing

Not wishing at all. But Jerry would of never benched Romo if he didn't get hurt. It took the media and maybe Stephen to get him to realize it was over for Romo. So if he was doing that when Romo was hurt. What do you think he'd of done if he were healthy.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I’m glad you enjoy him. I don’t need to be told what’s coming. After 60 years of watching football. I’m pretty wild can handle it myself
So what you are saying is that you need to be reminded?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Romo is massively overrated as a broadcaster. He brought something new to the booth by talking shop to the viewers, but he’s done that less lately, I find him boring tbf. Nantz doesn’t help.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Romo need a change of scenery like Stafford. He needed to go to a defense filled team. Would have made championship games/Super bowl.

Scotman

Reaction score
I loved Romo in the booth. I think he's become better and better. I loved him as the QB, too. I'm happy for him.

I totally get it that some don't like his style in the booth. Having a difference of opinion on the matter doesn't bother me at all. It actually mirrors his play on the field, in my opinion. He gets off script and adlibs. He did on the field, too. Whereas, Aikman is much more likely to stay within the lines. I love Aikman, too...and did on the field. Aikman's voice is much more traditional in the position, too. But I like Romo's voice for different reasons. Romo sounds more like a buddy your watching the game with. While that isn't the traditional style, I think that's why so many people like him.