Tony Romo poll

Nav22

Reaction score
Sorry, I had to do this. This Romo stuff is already annoying the hell outta me.

After seeing how he played against the Seahawks, Tony Romo...

1) Should be our opening day starter. He looks like the next Tom Brady.

2) Should be given the start next week at New Orleans, and handed the starting job for opening day if he puts together another solid performance against the Saints.

3) Should be groomed to be our starter and take over for Bledsoe at some point during the 2006 season. He's the future.

4) Should hold a clipboard all year (except for garbage-time in blowouts), assuming Bledsoe stays healthy.

Vote by simply typing a 1, 2, 3, or 4.

My vote: 4

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I'm picking #1 just to tick people off and fan the flames.

I'm actually surprised it took this long to get this kind of a thread going.

We're slipping around here.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Can we vote for some combination? Seriously, if he continues to look good over the next couple of games (& I do think we should continue to see him play--not necessarily entire games, but significant time), why shouldn't he be able to compete for the starting position? Now it's entirely possible that Bledsoe will play lights out, & for the time being, he's the presumptive starter. But hey, there's nothing wrong with a good competition. If nothing else, it's nice to think we won't necessarily have to slit our wrists if Bledsoe does go down.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
#7. He is a helluva lot better than Drew Henson and if things continue to go like tonight, I dont see why an open QB competition is out of the question.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I'm excited about Romo and I don't think Drew and his 23-17 td/int, 49 Sack, 83 passer rating from 2005 should be beyond scrutiny. The ability to manuever in the pocket is soooooooooooo necessary for an NFL QB. As you watch the Hasselback's and Delhommes of the NFL, I constantly see them using their mobility to make plays.

superpunk

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
#7. He is a helluva lot better than Drew Henson and if things continue to go like tonight, I dont see why an open QB competition is out of the question.

You don't get to make new options.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
3) Should be groomed to be our starter and take over for Bledsoe at some point during the 2006 season. He's the future.
Naturally this will depend on how well we're playing with Bledsoe. If we're at or below .500 by midseason then the second half of the season should be Romo time.

If Bledsoe is playing good then there's no need to disrupt chemistry unless he gets injured.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I'll just say that as of right now I am comfortable with whatever Parcells decides to do at the QB position as long as it is either Bledsoe or Romo. I think Romo can handle the job.

I will also say that it depends on what the O-Line looks like...Romo can handle a rush much better than Bledsoe IMO. But if you give Bledsoe time he is one of the all time great pure passers and has a much stronger arm.

superpunk

Reaction score
I'm glad most people are keeping such a level head about his performance.

Most.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I'm glad most people are keeping such a level head about his performance.

Most.
Has anyone actually called for him to start? Seriously, more people are complaining about people being positive about Romo than people being positive about Romo

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt said:
Has anyone actually called for him to start? Seriously, more people are complaining about people being positive about Romo than people being positive about Romo

The people being positive about Romo are nice.

the attention ****** are not.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk said:
The people being positive about Romo are nice.

the attention ****** are not.
I'm an attention ***** and I'm not afraid to proclaim it in threads that I create so everyone can see.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Give Romo his props people. Who expected such a performance? There isn't a one of us.