Tony Romo poll

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
See this is the thing. Atleast I'll speak for myself. This whole Romo buzz/intrigue thing started for me about a week ago. Reading and hearing several "rumors" from insiders who've watched every practice from camp reporting how good Romo has looked. This includes Babe Laufenburg proclaiming on a D.C. radio show that everyone would be surprised at how good Romo would look in pre-season. Now it is just pre-season of course but this is an interesting situation nonetheless based on mounting evidence. At the very least, it looks like we're developing a solid backup.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER said:
See this is the thing. Atleast I'll speak for myself. This whole Romo buzz/intrigue thing started for me about a week ago. Reading and hearing several "rumors" from insiders who've watched every practice from camp reporting how good Romo has looked. This includes Babe Laufenburg proclaiming on a D.C. radio show that everyone would be surprised at how good Romo would look in pre-season. Now it is just pre-season of course but this is an interesting situation nonetheless based on mounting evidence. At the very least, it looks like we're developing a solid backup.

You can couple that with what Bledsoe said last year....something to the effect that he doesn't want to come out of a game because he might not get it back.

There could be something to this kid after all.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
You can couple that with what Bledsoe said last year....something to the effect that he doesn't want to come out of a game because he might not get it back.

There could be something to this kid after all.
fe24a9fe-7176-4e39-8f73-90bd19cc2878.jpg

"Ah crap.. I sure hope Romo doesn't look this good in
all the preseason games."

tyke1doe

Reaction score
4, but you should have included the possibility of a starter if the Cowboys are tanking the season.

If the Cowboys are in contention, I don't think many fans would opt for Romo over Bledsoe, except for the Romosexuals.

But Bledsoe, despite his limitations, still is more experienced and with better line play should be about as good as he was last year.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Bledose should keep his job unless he gets hurt or really starts to suck badly.

If Romo comes in and does better, the job should be his.

That said, this thread is dumb. None of our opinions mean a dang thing. We can debate forever about it, but there will never be a "Winner" since none of us will decide his fate. Bill Parcells is the one that'll make that decision.

Can't we just be happy we have a young QB that looked pretty good yesterday? Does it have to be overanalyzed and criticized?

Nav22

Reaction score
That said, this thread is dumb. None of our opinions mean a dang thing. We can debate forever about it, but there will never be a "Winner" since none of us will decide his fate. Bill Parcells is the one that'll make that decision.
Hey, you're right! Let's all cancel our accounts and put cowboyszone.com out of business!

No point in any of us giving opinions or debating anything... after all, we won't decide the fate of Romo or any Cowboys player or coach... ever. Jerry and Parcells make the calls. So why debate anything? Why state our opinions on anything?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where's the "Romo becomes the starter and Bledsoe is immediately put to death" option? :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Where's the "Romo becomes the starter and Bledsoe is immediately put to death" option? :)
Ha!

I kept reading and wondering why you hadn't chimed in.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Last nights game means squat to me. It's preseason. Seattle had more than a few starters not playing, were playing a vanilla defense and so on. When and if Bledsoe goes down during the season and Romo can play like this, then I'll be satisfied. And he has to play like this for more than a half or a game in the regular season to prove to me that he has a chance to be a starter in this league. I've seen enough guys play great in preseason or for a half during a regular season game and not amount to anything. Lets keep it real people.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
If Bledsoe continues to hold the ball to long.....well, maybe Romo should be the option. The OL was very adequate in pass protection when they are not having to hold their blocks for 5 min.....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
If Bledsoe continues to hold the ball to long.....well, maybe Romo should be the option. The OL was very adequate in pass protection when they are not having to hold their blocks for 5 min.....

Hater!

:)

Reaction score
Nav22 said:
Hey, you're right! Let's all cancel our accounts and put cowboyszone.com out of business!

No point in any of us giving opinions or debating anything... after all, we won't decide the fate of Romo or any Cowboys player or coach... ever. Jerry and Parcells make the calls. So why debate anything? Why state our opinions on anything?

Opinions and commentary are wonderful things... the efficacy or need for a make-shift "poll" is in question though,,, unless of course you go back and tally up the votes.....I vote #4 unless Bledsoe starts failing,,, so what are the totals? :D

Unforgiven

Reaction score
One word, gameplanning. There was none.

That being said, I feel a little better about our QB position.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Unforgiven said:

Game plans are overrated...just ask Bill Parcells. :D

twa

Reaction score
Unforgiven said:

Yep, his play was encouraging,but whether he can excel against a defensive game plan schemed to expose his weaknesses(which they all have) is a unanswered question.

That said, Romo's play was nothing but great news for Cowboy fans.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I think Romo did great...great to see. Just curious, did he throw the ball in the middle of the field much? I only caught audio of the game from midway in the 2nd quater. Sometimes young QBs just attack the sidelines cause there is less traffic and safer throws to be had there.

Nav22

Reaction score
Totals so far for official votes, for anyone still interested...

Option 1 got 1 vote. (11.1%)

Option 2 got 0 votes.

Option 3 got 1 vote. (11.1%)

Option 4 got 7 votes. (77.8%)
the efficacy or need for a make-shift "poll" is in question though,,, unless of course you go back and tally up the votes.
I'll be honest... I couldn't figure out how to make a "real" poll. Hence the make-shift one you see before you. Pathetic, I know.