Tony Romo poll

Angus

Reaction score
It's hard to eat crow. Guess that's why so many have it stuck in their throats.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i say 4.

i just do not get a positive feeling about romo from the way jerry jones talks about romo. i watched the begining of the game when spags asked jones what he thought of romo not alot of positive comments. then at half time jones kind of had the same opinion of romo in which he just does not think that romo is the kind of qb that he wants to be our future at qb. the smile and expression on jones face is not there when he talks about romo the way in the past when he talks about other qbs that i will not name, i think we all know who i am talking about.

i think we need to resign romo to atleast a two year contract and look to next years draft and get another young but proven qb to compete with romo next year. i do not think that henson will be on this team next year. maybe another year in europe would help henson again.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
lwehlers said:
i say 4.

i just do not get a positive feeling about romo from the way jerry jones talks about romo. i watched the begining of the game when spags asked jones what he thought of romo not alot of positive comments. then at half time jones kind of had the same opinion of romo in which he just does not think that romo is the kind of qb that he wants to be our future at qb. the smile and expression on jones face is not there when he talks about romo the way in the past when he talks about other qbs that i will not name, i think we all know who i am talking about.

i think we need to resign romo to atleast a two year contract and look to next years draft and get another young but proven qb to compete with romo next year. i do not think that henson will be on this team next year. maybe another year in europe would help henson again.

I am sorry, but if Jerry Jones dislikes Romo, SIGN ME UP! The man who provided us with such talent as Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson's opinions about quarterbacks are quite irrelevant to me.

itoldyouSOE

Reaction score
twa said:
Yep, his play was encouraging,but whether he can excel against a defensive game plan schemed to expose his weaknesses(which they all have) is a unanswered question.

That said, Romo's play was nothing but great news for Cowboy fans.

:hammer:

My vote is 4. Bledsoe is the starter, no question. But it was good to see Romo make some plays and gain some confidence in the event Bledsoe goes down for a game or two. Still hope that doesn't happen, 'cause if our line can stay like it was before Flo went down last year, we are dangerous, especially with Bledsoe slinging the ball.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
lwehlers said:
Jerry does not like blue collar guys who come in and work their way up the ladder. He likes to make the big splash with signing a high profile FA or drafting a top prospect. Even with Quincy he was making a big splash by drafting his "QB of the Future" and trying to prove that he knew better than everyone else. Romo came in quietly as a UDFA and has worked his way into the position of maybe challenging Jerry's big splash FA. And worse along the way he has beat out Jerry's other big splash trade deal in Henson. A quiet guy who gets through on hard work and dedication is just not all that marketable in Jerry's eyes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Jerry does not like blue collar guys who come in and work their way up the ladder. He likes to make the big splash with signing a high profile FA or drafting a top prospect. Even with Quincy he was making a big splash by drafting his "QB of the Future" and trying to prove that he knew better than everyone else. Romo came in quietly as a UDFA and has worked his way into the position of maybe challenging Jerry's big splash FA. And worse along the way he has beat out Jerry's other big splash trade deal in Henson. A quiet guy who gets through on hard work and dedication is just not all that marketable in Jerry's eyes.
Good analysis. It's the salesman in him I believe.

lwehlers

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
I am sorry, but if Jerry Jones dislikes Romo, SIGN ME UP! The man who provided us with such talent as Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson's opinions about quarterbacks are quite irrelevant to me.

i am not implying that jones does not like romo at all. i just do not get a good feeling that romo is our future. it is very rare in the nfl that an undrafted qb has any kind of future as a great qb in the nfl. i thought he played well last night but i just do not have a good feeling about romo myself. i still really believe that our future franchise qb who will carry this team for the next five to ten years is not on this team yet.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Angus said:
It's hard to eat crow. Guess that's why so many have it stuck in their throats.

Why would anybody have to eat crow? Because of a preseason game? I'm a fan of any player that wears a Cowboy uniform, but were not going to know anything about Romo until the bullets are flying (see Marty Schottenheimer) in a real NFL game and for an extended period of time.

When you look at the decent backups in the NFL over the years, it's mostly the guys that have started before and had some success or a guy who has had to replace the starter for a period of time and succeeded. We still have an unknown with Romo and it will be unknown until he actually partcipates in regular season games.

lwehlers

Reaction score
JackMagist said:

i am glad i am not the only one who feels this way about romo.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
lwehlers said:
i am glad i am not the only one who feels this way about romo.
Actually I feel this way about how Jerry feels about Romo. Personally I think that Jerry is dead wrong and that Romo has the potential to be a great QB if he ever gets the shot. If Parcells stays around for a few years we will see Romo as a starter but if he leaves next year we won't because Jerry will bully the new coach into shelving Romo. Whatever happens here I think Romo will end up being someone's Jake Delhomme...ours I hope.

lwehlers

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Actually I feel this way about how Jerry feels about Romo. Personally I think that Jerry is dead wrong and that Romo has the potential to be a great QB if he ever gets the shot. If Parcells stays around for a few years we will see Romo as a starter but if he leaves next year we won't because Jerry will bully the new coach into shelving Romo. Whatever happens here I think Romo will end up being someone's Jake Delhomme...ours I hope.

you are right the way you explain it that is the way jerry feels about romo. i will try not to sound to negative about romo. i just hope that maybe romo might become like delhomme then we would have a good qb to succeed bledsoe. you are also right that when parcells leaves he will either draft another qb or trade a draft pick for someone to compete with romo.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I chose to abstain from voting as I didn't see quincy carter mentioned in any of the choices

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
stealth said:
I chose to abstain from voting as I didn't see quincy carter mentioned in any of the choices
It was a hard decision with neither Quincy or Hutch on the ballot. But we have to move past that at some point and we now have Romo and Henson to debate. And now we have Bledsoe's untouchable status being challenged...Oooooo

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i'm not a big of fan Bledsoe as i dont think he is the kind of guy that can get you to the SB. QB's nowadays need to have at least some mobility and Bledsoe has none. So while i wont give this Romo game more importance than it deserves, i do hope that its a open QB competetion and whoever earns the job whether its Bledsoe or Romo that they get the job

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Da Hammer said:
i'm not a big of fan Bledsoe as i dont think he is the kind of guy that can get you to the SB. QB's nowadays need to have at least some mobility and Bledsoe has none. So while i wont give this Romo game more importance than it deserves, i do hope that its a open QB competetion and whoever earns the job whether its Bledsoe or Romo that they get the job

I'm not onboard with saying that someone like Bledso, i.e. a non-mobile QB can't win the SB because I think they can.

You see it's not Bledsoe's lack of mobility that holds him back--- it's all the decision making process-- he just isn't fast enough.

Reaction score
Nav22 said:
Totals so far for official votes, for anyone still interested...

Option 1 got 1 vote. (11.1%)

Option 2 got 0 votes.

Option 3 got 1 vote. (11.1%)

Option 4 got 7 votes. (77.8%)
I'll be honest... I couldn't figure out how to make a "real" poll. Hence the make-shift one you see before you. Pathetic, I know.

By jove, I believe the current sentiment is that Bledsdoe is "the Man" by virtue of his experience and proven abilities and should stay #1,,, but he's on a relatively short leash, if he's ineffective there is enough new-found confidence in Romo to give him a chance. Thanks for the poll NAV22 :)