Tony Romo to college HOF?

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
I actually saw Romo play back in 2000. Eastern Illinois came to Montana in the playoffs and the Grizzlies stomped them 45-13. I think Romo actually said that Washington-Grizzly stadium was louder than the Seahawk's stadium.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Demarcus Ware and Jason Witten should be in there as they'll both make the hall of fame. I wouldn't put Romo in there though.

A ring should be the starting qualification. Anyone elected without one would be a first. Being a winner should matter.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A ring should be the starting qualification. Anyone elected without one would be a first. Being a winner should matter.
Yeah but they also shouldn't be penalized because Jerry failed to put a adequate team around them. Also rather fitting that Ware got a ring once he got out of here...Witten probably would've too if he had left earlier in his prime.

Also worth noting those guys got rings in a non salary cap era that are in the ROH.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm biased. I just think being winner should matter. We aren't the Falcons or Browns...........yet.
I get it. I'd agree with you in regards to the older players...but the newer guys are at a disadvantage playing in a salary cap era...I think ROH should be exclusive...not saying it shouldn't...but I think two guys still make it exclusive...I have a strong feeling though......Romo may get in too....and that one is far more questionable IMO.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I get it. I'd agree with you in regards to the older players...but the newer guys are at a disadvantage playing in a salary cap era...I think ROH should be exclusive...not saying it shouldn't...but I think two guys still make it exclusive...I have a strong feeling though......Romo may get in too....and that one is far more questionable IMO.

I'm a Romo fan and no, he does not deserve to be in the ROH.

Motorola

Reaction score
why? I don’t think he belongs in it, not at this point.
The next person that should go into the ROH is one James William Johnson...but it appears his former college roommate & teammate is not having it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So much for the surprise, the ball arrived the day before and Romo's son took it out to play with it.

I am one that doesn't care for Romo in the booth because of his lack of a broadcast voice and tendency to trail off when he's talking to Nantz but yesterday he was fine. He was more aware that he was actually broadcasting and I enjoyed his broadcast.

The College HOF has little do with the NFL HOF with 1/3 of the members and harder to get into, particularly for Cowboys. If Romo were to make it into the NFL HOF, he should ask Marshall Faulk to induct him as he talked about him more than anyone else.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So much for the surprise, the ball arrived the day before and Romo's son took it out to play with it.

I am one that doesn't care for Romo in the booth because of his lack of a broadcast voice and tendency to trail off when he's talking to Nantz but yesterday he was fine. He was more aware that he was actually broadcasting and I enjoyed his broadcast.

The College HOF has little do with the NFL HOF with 1/3 of the members and harder to get into, particularly for Cowboys. If Romo were to make it into the NFL HOF, he should ask Marshall Faulk to induct him as he talked about him more than anyone else.

Romo does not even belong in the HOF. For what? Talking on TV? Yeah, he is good at it, but not worthy of the Hall.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
As am I....I wouldn't throw a fit if he got in there....but that would represent such a Jerry move which I think he will do it eventually.

It would be idiotic to put Romo in the ROH! Hell, what about Coach Jimmy, that's who should be up there in bright azz lights.

Praxit

Reaction score
..if Tony had won at least one super bowl. That would have been his ticket to HOF.

starfan1

Reaction score
He's not qualified......

I am not a Romo fan by any stretch and yes Jimmy should be in there but Tony based on all the cowboy records he holds at his position should get ROH consideration IMO

starfan1

Reaction score
Ring of honor for what?
Can we get Jimmy Johnson in there first?????.. I would add a million question marks if possible
Jimmy while its deserved pissed off the owner which means stalin wont let him in