Tony Romo to college HOF?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am not a Romo fan by any stretch and yes Jimmy should be in there but Tony based on all the cowboy records he holds at his position should get ROH consideration IMO
You put Romo in there you're going to have to put a lot more than if its based on records....Dak, Zeke, Dez, Fredericks, Tyron, Zack....of course Witten and Ware....far too many unlesss that group starts to get some rings.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ROH is not for individual accomplishment but for what a player did for the team. Romo never even took the team to the NFCCG. I don't think Witten belongs up there either.

Motorola

Reaction score
ROH yes! HOF in pros no. I didn’t follow him much in college so I can’t comment
Outside of Eastern Illinois U's devotees- students at the time, alumni, Charleston IL (school location) and the media that covered the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC) - no one else did...including most of the NFL scouts.
However ---Tony's accomplishments at EIU were stellar.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You can almost bet this will lead to another Tony Romo Pro Football Hall of Fame thread.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/tony-romo-for-hof.403148/

Tony was having an MVP year in 2014. Get a SB that year, and Romo has a chance for the HOF. But not.

Beat the Giants in 2007, when Tony *did* throw the winning TD pass, which Crayton pulled up on, and that year might have been different too. We lost to a team that rampages through the playoffs as a wild card, that beat the previously undefeated Pats, and were only a Crayton choke away from beating them, with a hobbled TO. With homefield advantage and a healing TO, good chance to make the SB, if not win it. But not.

Another Romo moment that wasn't. Denver game against the great Peyton Manning. Romo was on the verge of breaking Norm Van Brocklin's seemingly permanent record for most passing yards in a game. The Broncos didn't stop him all day. But Tyron steps on him, and Romo makes a bad choice to throw into coverage instead of a wide open RB. Sad.

It could have been the greatest QB duel of all time, with Romo beating the immortal Peyton Manning and breaking Norm Van Brocklin's record for most passing yards in a game. But not.

UDFA becoming franchise QB of America's Team. Bobbled snap. The UnCatch. So much Romodini in the pocket. So many come from behind wins. So many years carrying the team. Winning with broken ribs. A broken back. Might have even taken 2016 to a championship, even after the broken back, with the strongest offense he would have ever had, but not given a chance. And then to rocket to the top of NFL announcers. So close to the picture perfect NFL story. On the verge of so much NFL history. Just needed a couple of moments to bounce his way for the HOF and the greatest story the NFL ever told.

But not.

Almost Antonio.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He’ll go into the Pro HOF as well. His incredible rise as a broadcaster has cemented that.

Good chance Romo goes as an announcer. His football career should help him there. But that would be a long way away.

I'm a big Romo fan, but he just *shouldn't* go to the HOF as a player. He was on the verge of NFL history often, but just couldn't make it over the hump.

Almost Antonio.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Tony was having an MVP year in 2014. Get a SB that year, and Romo has a chance for the HOF. But not.

Beat the Giants in 2007, when Tony *did* throw the winning TD pass, which Crayton pulled up on, and that year might have been different too. We lost to a team that rampages through the playoffs as a wild card, that beat the previously undefeated Pats, and were only a Crayton choke away from beating them, with a hobbled TO. With homefield advantage and a healing TO, good chance to make the SB, if not win it. But not.

Another Romo moment that wasn't. Denver game against the great Peyton Manning. Romo was on the verge of breaking Norm Van Brocklin's seemingly permanent record for most passing yards in a game. The Broncos didn't stop him all day. But Tyron steps on him, and Romo makes a bad choice to throw into coverage instead of a wide open RB. Sad.

It could have been the greatest QB duel of all time, with Romo beating the immortal Peyton Manning and breaking Norm Van Brocklin's record for most passing yards in a game. But not.

UDFA becoming franchise QB of America's Team. Bobbled snap. The UnCatch. So much Romodini in the pocket. So many come from behind wins. So many years carrying the team. Winning with broken ribs. A broken back. Might have even taken 2016 to a championship, even after the broken back, with the strongest offense he would have ever had, but not given a chance. And then to rocket to the top of NFL announcers. So close to the picture perfect NFL story. On the verge of so much NFL history. Just needed a couple of moments to bounce his way for the HOF and the greatest story the NFL ever told.

But not.

Almost Antonio.

Poor bastid played his body out for the Dallas Cowboys. That's the mindset of an athlete.

bandfan

Reaction score
Why is it so hard for you people to figure out a SB win is a team accomplishment? I have yet to see one person take on another team by themselves much less beat them....It's called the Ring of Honor, not the ring of super bowl wins...Tony Romo participated in the game with as much honor as anyone....

starfan1

Reaction score
You put Romo in there you're going to have to put a lot more than if its based on records....Dak, Zeke, Dez, Fredericks, Tyron, Zack....of course Witten and Ware....far too many unlesss that group starts to get some rings.

well men with far more influence and understanding than I will make that decision I’m just tossing out my thoughts and I’m one who was highly critical of Romo when here

he’s Jerry’s boy so there’s that

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Why is it so hard for you people to figure out a SB win is a team accomplishment? I have yet to see one person take on another team by themselves much less beat them....It's called the Ring of Honor, not the ring of super bowl wins...Tony Romo participated in the game with as much honor as anyone....

What honor did he bring to the team?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
a
why? I don’t think he belongs in it, not at this point.
all depends on how you look at it.
Tony kept the cowboys relevant and exciting to watch for 8 years, he was famous as a qb, and now is a star in announcing.
His name would look good in roh, every cowboy fan knows romo. it is the ring of honor, not the ring of winners.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
a
all depends on how you look at it.
Tony kept the cowboys relevant and exciting to watch for 8 years, he was famous as a qb, and now is a star in announcing.
His name would look good in roh, every cowboy fan knows romo. it is the ring of honor, not the ring of winners.

Fame is for egos. Means nothing.