Tony Romo would have beat the Seahawks

dckid

Reaction score
You know it's true.
Speaks volumes.
Nothing like a good chuckle to start the day. Dak is a good QB like Romo was a good QB, like Goff, Wentz, Cousins, Jimmy G... Carr slightly below, Stafford, Ryan, throw in Watson who I think is actually a rung better. He has just never had the talent around him.
Would I want to pay any of these guys 40 million? No of course not but we are here and what else can we do?
Going into last year I was ok with a Foles type, honestly I would rather have Minshew at 1 million or whatever he is making vs Dak @ 40 or any of the guys listed above @40.
But at the end of the day we are not the team builders. Our chance to do that was in 2016, unfortunately we didn't capitalize I would say we actually blew that opportunity. The biggest issue is we don't have someone who can build a team. Someone who see's where the league is going before it happens. We have an owner running the team. The owner's prime objective is the increase the value of the org, and Jerry has done that. He is selling the sizzle and stadium, museum art. SuperBowls are won in the offseason. GM's dont go on vacation the first week of free agency like Jerry and family did the pre 2019 offseason.
It's so funny Dallas didn't know the advantage they had with Dak's cheap contract, they just blew it, never went all out the Eagles, Rams, etc that other teams did. We have not won a Divisional playoff game since January 1996. I wish I could put that 1996 in 500 font and post it as background on this website.
Now getting to the Romo discussion. I would have never thought this fan base would long for the days of Romo. The era where disappointment was the longest lasting memory. When I was growing up I was stuck with Hogeboom and Pelluer, and a broken wrist Danny White. I just read about the glory days of the Roger... luckily Jimmy Johnson took over in 1989 and we got 3 SB's in 6 years.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
You know it's true.
Speaks volumes.

Like when he threw the pick 6 in Pittsburgh late in the 4th when we were up 10 and lost or when he threw the pick late in several other games when we were mounting a cone back? Hey I love Tony but let’s not pretend he’s more than he was. Like Dak he was saddled with a crap defense and has the burden of
knowing he has to score on damn near every possession to win. Be grateful we have a baller like Dak and not one of the many scrubs Jerry has trotted out being center in the past.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Typical upside down thinking of rowdy Cowboys fans.

Romo (now Dak) has to be perfect because the defense is trash. If he's not, he's gets the blame. Dude puts up 48 points, throws one pick, and he gets the blame for Denver scoring 51. :laugh:
I didn’t say Romo or Dak are bad. Think both are top 10 quarterbacks for their eras. Dak has time to prove himself. Romo had his chances but always seemed to come up short. Blame the defense if you want. Dak had the ball in his hand three times so far this year to win the game and is 1-2. That is the facts.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Typical upside down thinking of rowdy Cowboys fans.

Romo (now Dak) has to be perfect because the defense is trash. If he's not, he gets the blame. Dude puts up 48 points, throws one pick, and he gets the blame for Denver scoring 51. :laugh:

it’s insane.

I used to think Bill Burr might be my favorite comedian.

Nah, it’s the quarterback trolls that make up a large section of the Dallas fan base. These guys are hilarious!!

Btw, I haven’t seen Leeblair out from under his bridge since the ranch shut down. Glad he’s alive and still trollin’ it up.

Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I don't care what Tony Romo would have done because he never did do anything worthwhile during his playing days. He's retired and making an insane salary as a commentator.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it’s insane.

Nah, it’s the quarterback trolls that make up a large section of the Dallas fan base. These guys are hilarious!!

Btw, I haven’t seen Leeblair out from under his bridge in since the ranch shut down. Glad he’s alive and still trollin’ it up.

Please don;t let a a handful (or less) obvious trolls prevent any form of criticism on Dak.

Soon as I saw this OP...I immediately thought "troll". But there aren't many. Having a different or even controversial opinion of Dak isn't necessarily trolling. Or hating.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Please don;t let a a handful (or less) obvious trolls prevent any form of criticism on Dak.

Soon as I saw this OP...I immediately thought "troll". But there aren't many. Having a different or even controversial opinion of Dak isn't necessarily trolling. Or hating.

Dude the majority of the criticism of Dak on this board isn’t about his throwing motion while in stride or the placement of his hips relative to his target.

It is frenetic, frantic, deranged and emotionally unstable tantrums one would expect from a four year old still wearing diapeys. These people are irrationally unhinged, miserable “fans” and they are the best entertainment in the world lol.

HungryLion

Reaction score
it’s insane.

Btw, I haven’t seen Leeblair out from under his bridge in since the ranch shut down. Glad he’s alive and still trollin’ it up.

Did the ranch finally close up shop?

man Mike Fisher really ran that place into the dirt didn’t he. Him and that clown that covered the Mavericks. What was his name? The admin that would troll the board himself.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The past is in teh PAST.... so guys.. let the past go
really all te majority do here is libe in the past every chance they get the 25/30 year narrative comes up, this year they keep using statements like its still the same etc etc

how can it be the defense was turned over like 70% and an entire new defensive staff, yet somehow the same talk with the Garett era has already begun..

replace everyone now :) SMH sad times

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
More like Kevin Smith and Deion, Woodson, and Haley and Tolbert would have beaten the Seahawks......
Don’t forget Leon Lett!

Those Johnson teams had incredible defensive line depth. We’ve never replicated it since then. Of course the cap era starting in 1994 has something to do with that. Jerry has yet to fully get cap math and cap manipulation down properly.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It was kind of in jest, but the fact is, it's true.
That's the difference between quarterbacking now versus when Romo was here. He would make a play somehow to win close games.
His only problem was that Garrett let him do too much and he'd get himself in trouble with interceptions when he didn't need to.
So, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

It speaks volumes that you don't know what a fact is.

You'll notice a trend when it comes to anti-Dakers, they just aren't up to snuff in the head if we are being honest. It's sad, but true.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You know it's true.
Speaks volumes.

Playing the what if game? lol Tony would have won then why the hell did we not win more in post season? why did we not beat top teams with Romo? I like Tony but this what if crap is for the birds. We won nothing with Romo that is the hardcore facts

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Dak actually played a Romo type game. Reminds me of the Denver game when Romo threw the game changing interception.

Yea the only main difference is Romo had 5 Tds and 1 turnover and scored 48 points and Dak had 3 TDS with 3 TO's and got us 31 pts other then that....exact same game really. :laugh: