Tony Romo would have beat the Seahawks

GMO415

Reaction score
More Uncle Rico threads....
giphy.gif

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Typical upside down thinking of rowdy Cowboys fans.

Romo (now Dak) has to be perfect because the defense is trash. If he's not, he gets the blame. Dude puts up 48 points, throws one pick, and he gets the blame for Denver scoring 51. :laugh:

Yep said the same thing earlier. We're literally back to where the team was prior to 2014.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Yea the only main difference is Romo had 5 Tds and 1 turnover and scored 48 points and Dak had 3 TDS with 3 TO's and got us 31 pts other then that....exact same game really. :laugh:

Yeah and you after the Denver game would be posting like, “Romo sucks!! He puts up stats but can’t win big games!!”

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know it's true.
Speaks volumes.
It speaks volumes because you say so?

Maybe those volumes are the voices in your head.

The reality is we have no idea how Romo would have done in this game. He may have played great and won, may have played similarly to Dak, or may have had a horrible game. There is no way to know.

pansophy

Reaction score
Dak actually played a Romo type game. Reminds me of the Denver game when Romo threw the game changing interception.
This.

I loved Romo, and like Romo, Dak had to push the limits of his game to make up for deficiencies on the rest of the team. I think Wilson is better than Dak, but Wilson also had fewer team deficiencies to make up for.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yea the only main difference is Romo had 5 Tds and 1 turnover and scored 48 points and Dak had 3 TDS with 3 TO's and got us 31 pts other then that....exact same game really. :laugh:
Well also we played at home and Romo’s running back ran for over 100 yards and a few touchdowns. But let’s not get in the way of your argument.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Yeah and you after the Denver game would be posting like, “Romo sucks!! He puts up stats but can’t win big games!!”

I was the biggest Romo nut hugger on this board. My biggest hope is that people who see no fault in Dak always found fault in Romo. Cause I feel it's my turn to see the flaws in our very average QB we currently have playing and let them know how average he really is.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I was the biggest Romo nut hugger on this board. My biggest hope is that people who see no fault in Dak always found fault in Romo. Cause I feel it's my turn to see the flaws in our very average QB we currently have playing and let them know how average he really is.

So you’re still mad Dak took Romo’s job.

Got it. Thanks for being honest.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Well also we played at home and Romo’s running back ran for over 100 yards and a few touchdowns. But let’s not get in the way of your argument.

Romo's RB ran for 43 yards and 1 TD in that game. Exactly 9 yards more and no TDS more then Daks did on Sunday, but let's not let that get in the way of your argument.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I see faults at times with Prescott just as I did with Romo. I also see Prescott improving as a QB and is still a young QB. Romo is retired so what the hell does he have to do with anything?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
So you’re still mad Dak took Romo’s job.

Got it. Thanks for being honest.

You can call it that if you want. Doesn't bother me. I watch games and Dak is very and I mean this when I say it VERY average as a QB in the NFL.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I see faults at times with Prescott just as I did with Romo. I also see Prescott improving as a QB and is still a young QB. Romo is retired so what the hell does he have to do with anything?

The title of this thread is Tony Romo would have beat the Seahawks. So..I guess it's about Romo kind of? So I responded in it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Romo's RB ran for 43 yards and 1 TD in that game. Exactly 9 yards more and no TDS more then Daks did on Sunday, but let's not that get in the way of your argument.
The bottom line we lost both games and the quarterbacks set passing records.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
You can call it that if you want. Doesn't bother me. I watch games and Dak is very and I mean this when I say it VERY average as a QB in the NFL.

Uh-huh...

still stings...

The pain will lessen and one day all you’ll have is a nasty scar to remind you of the trauma. Rubbing some vitamin D lotion on it will help it fade.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Uh-huh...

still stings...

The pain will lessen and one day all you’ll have is a nasty scar to remind you of the trauma. Rubbing some vitamin D lotion on it will help it fade.

Yea true. Hopefully by then Dak learned how to not be average anymore. We can both hope.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The title of this thread is Tony Romo would have beat the Seahawks. So..I guess it's about Romo kind of? So I responded in it.

Yes and fact is we do not know what the result would be. You can make up all the crap you want but there is no way to know if he would have lead the team to a win or not. This is all the OP head of playing pretend not reality

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Yes and fact is we do not know what the result would be. You can make up all the crap you want but there is no way to know if he would have lead the team to a win or not. This is all the OP head of playing pretend not reality

I don't even think we would of won that game with Romo, but do I love making unrealistic Dak fans squirm by agreeing with OP. Absolutely. I don't hate Dak at all. I hate him at 40 million a year and I think that's what he wants and is going to get. If we sign him to a very team friendly deal this off-season I will change my tune and be thankful we have a top 15 QB on a good deal and I'll probably start defending him in certain arguments. If he gets Patrick Mahomes money. I will call him out for every incompletion he throws. (especially those 2 yard ones that he air mails over tight ends that are wide open :laugh:) You want top money, you better be a lot better then Dak has been. Argue that with me all day, you will never change my stance on it.