Tony Romo

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
what do you think about him. i think he either needs to focus more or he is a choke artist

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;1899638 said:
what do you think about him. i think he either needs to focus more or he is a choke artist

I agree the guy is a classic choke artist if i ever seen one. Guy's blow this guy up way to much. He hasn't proven anything. 0-2 in the playoffs tells us enough about him.

4miler

Reaction score
I think he is the second coming of Danny White. He puts up big numbers in the regular season but falls apart in the big games.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
He played a bad game today....that sack late in the game was atrocious....that doesn't mean he stinks...but I was not impressed.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
This was his SECOND game in the playoffs.

This game was NOT his fault.

Quit blaming Romo for the faults of the OL, coaching, WR's, and Jacques Reeves.

Sure, Romo deserves some blame, but these threads are ridiculous.

He deserves more time.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Thrilled with him this year. Can't wait to see him next year.

Gonna be a long off season.

Bizwah

Reaction score
This is ridiculous.

How many times did Manning have to go to the playoffs to win?

Romo is fine....He didn't play a great game...but he didn't play poorly by any stretch of the imagination.

He was forced to press in the end. But he still had Crayton for a TD.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;1899694 said:

That just about sums it up.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Rampage;1899638 said:
I think we need to stay away from false dilemmas.

panther1012

Reaction score
That is exactly what I was thinking.

Don't get me wrong, but Romo does not seem to handle pressure well at all. He really did not step up and have the game you would expect in this situation. The drops did not help but his game was about what you would expect from a decent QB not a supposed superstar.

I think we may have signed him to quick. I 'm not sure if he is the long term answer at QB. He just melted out there. Bad decisions, no poise, it was a telling display. Let's look back and wonder why he went undrafted.

The Fact is this: Romo 0-2 in Playoffs. Both loses showed a lack off poise at the critical points of the game.

Man, i'm so disappointed in this team as this could have been a SB year.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
I'm completely happy with him. He had nothing to do with the loss. There are only a couple qbs in the league I'd rather have, but they aren't an option.

TexasTornado

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1899691 said:

He deserves more time.

I agree with you...don't blame Romo it was more of a total team melt down. :bang2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He was just one of many sub-par players today. You can't blame just one guy. His biggest "crimes" were the monster sack, the int grounding penalty, missing TO on the crossing pattern in the third, and underthrowing TO on the fly pattern in the 4th. Nor do I think he needed to go to the endzone on that last pick.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How anyone could watch today's game and come away thinking that Tony Romo is the reason the Dallas Cowboys lost is just baffling to me. He made a couple of mistakes, but he played about the best game he could possibly play under the circumstances. He was under tremendous pressure, but he still made some plays. That toss to Witten was awesome. So was that nice scramble play.

Is it Romo's fault that Bigg had a stupid penalty? Is it Romo's fault that Jacque Reeves can't cover? Is it Romo's fault that the special teams can't cover worth squat? Is it Romo's fault that the Dallas D has been allergic to interceptions and forced fumbles the last few games? Is it Romo's fault that this team reverted back to undisciplined, penalty-riddled play? There's plenty of blame to go around.

I feel for Wade Phillips. His players didn't come through for him today. Maybe that's his fault. I don't know. But he deserves better than what the Dallas Cowboys gave him today. If the whole team played as well as Tony Romo, they would've won.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1899691 said:

He deserves more time.
blame goes all around but was not impressed with him in the last 8-10 minutes of the 4th quarter

Hostile;1899694 said:

like him alot but seeing alot of danny white in him. hopefully the team is just young but changes are needed

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
4miler;1899677 said:
I think he is the second coming of Danny White. He puts up big numbers in the regular season but falls apart in the big games.

As I said in another thread, you don't have a clue:lmao2:

Deep_South

Reaction score
Man, I am so glad we have Tony Romo locked up for a long time. As long as he is here we have a chance to win every game - like we did today - and get to the Super Bowl. Jerry just needs to complete the supporting cast for Romo in the next off season or two and we'll get where we want to go.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Romo did not play exceptionally well, but he was NOT the reason this game was lost.

If I had to pick a guy as goat of the game, clearly it is Patrick Crayton, with Jacques Reeves disqualified as a three legged calf entry.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Yep, this loss was the quintessential "group effort." Even if we had pulled it out, how confident are we going into the Green Bay game?