Tony Romo

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
He made some mistakes, but also made some plays. Man, we had a chance at the end and it didn't go our way.

I put more blame on the huge amount of penalties. Nothing will derail a drive like a penalty at just the right time and it happened so many times today. It's just unfortunate that we couldn't overcome it.

DTK

Reaction score
WOW. We lose a playoff game and so called Cowboys fans are already writing off our future QB. How many records did he set this year? How much fun was it watching OUR QB play? How often in the past 10 years did you have faith in our QB to pull out the win? If you say you have none in him, then you failed to watch the Buffalo or Detroit game this year.

Yes, he makes mistakes. Name for me a QB that never has? The guy has started less than 25 games and some of you are ready to throw him under the bus. I say check your Cowboys fan card at the door and go hop on the Patriot bandwagon.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1899680 said:
He played a bad game today....that sack late in the game was atrocious....that doesn't mean he stinks...but I was not impressed.

He did?

He made 1 bad throw, the one with Owens wide open over the middle. Of course if Fasano had caught the ball beforehand for a TD that never happened. He did have the INT, with nobody to throw to and being in a position where he has to throw the ball.

His sacks happened on missed blocks by the O-linemen. I thought he played pretty well today. He wasn't on fire, but if his teammates didn't stymie him with drops, missed blocks, and penalties he probably would've had a big game.

YAKUZA

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Hostile;1899694 said:
Thrilled with him this year. Can't wait to see him next year.

Gonna be a long off season.

I agree. He stood tough in the pocket, even though the Giants were hitting him late the entire 2nd half. Yea he missed TO on a big 3rd down, but that is going to happen. Its not his fault the offense kept getting penalites and dropping the balls.

noletime95

Reaction score
The issue today wasn't Romo.......I just hope the lack of playoff success doesn't impact his confidence....

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
noletime95;1901074 said:
The issue today wasn't Romo.......I just hope the lack of playoff success doesn't impact his confidence....

After having seen him up to this point, I think he'll be fine. We have a good QB guys. It's just that when we really needed plays to be made, he was let down by those around him. Yes, he made some mistakes, but a little help out there would be nice.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Yes he is terrible, he should be able to play at high levels without an O-line:rolleyes:

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Hostile;1899694 said:
Thrilled with him this year. Can't wait to see him next year.

Gonna be a long off season.

Oh boy. Understatement of the day.

Should have known the board would be in full meltdown mode.

Of course, the way it's been after a win this year I'm not surprised.

CPonder14

Reaction score
What in the Hell happened to our OLINE in the 4th quarter?

Oh and Patrick Crayton, you can talk the talk, but you didn't walk the walk today.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Huh? Romo? Really?

If Crayton runs through his route on the third down throw we're all singing his praise. The guy is under ridiculous pressure, makes a few mistakes, but in the heat of the last 30 seconds throws a perfect pass to add to his legacy .... and the receiver stops on the pattern.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I really really underestimated the amount of stupidity I was going to see on this board when I got home

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1901295 said:
I really really underestimated the amount of stupidity I was going to see on this board when I got home
Well the good news is there are still pockets of sanity on the board.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
windward;1901322 said:
Well the good news is there are still pockets of sanity on the board.

Thats a consolation. I suppose I will come back tomorrow when the bandwagoners are gone and the idiots are asleep :)

btcutter

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1901031 said:
He did?

He made 1 bad throw, the one with Owens wide open over the middle. Of course if Fasano had caught the ball beforehand for a TD that never happened. He did have the INT, with nobody to throw to and being in a position where he has to throw the ball.

His sacks happened on missed blocks by the O-linemen. I thought he played pretty well today. He wasn't on fire, but if his teammates didn't stymie him with drops, missed blocks, and penalties he probably would've had a big game.

YAKUZA

I don't know which game people are watching. Romo had a good game. Just look at how many 3rd down we converted during the scoring drives (Fasano dropped a TD).

One of the biggest plays was the Crayton drop on 3rd and 12 (something). It would have given us the first down instead of punting and allowing McQuarters to return the ball to our 30's and the subsequent easy touchdown.

The OL in the 2nd half was atrocious. Romo had no time to throw even when he had receivers open.

Romo was the least of our problems today and anyone who think else wise really didn't WATCH the game.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1901295 said:

:laugh2:

Yep.

The Panch

Reaction score
btcutter;1901358 said:
I don't know which game people are watching. Romo had a good game.
Exactly how does completing half of your passes for 201 yards against a beat up secondary you owned before when healthy qualify as a "good game"?? Obviously, there were crucial drops, but he still made some bad decisions that hurt us late on the last two drives as well as that pass to T.O. for a TD in the second half

btcutter

Reaction score
The Panch;1901414 said:
Exactly how does completing half of your passes for 201 yards against a beat up secondary you owned before when healthy qualify as a "good game"?? Obviously, there were crucial drops, but he still made some bad decisions that hurt us late on the last two drives.

Did you watch the game or did you just pick up the stats on NFL.com???? Exactly how do you throw when your OL forgets to block for you and your WR with the best hands decide to take the day off? Did you check how many 3rd downs were converted by Romo during the scoring drives? Did you see how many offensive penalties there were which put us in 2nd/3rd and long in the 2nd half?

yes, he did take 2 sacks which he should have throw the ball away....but he played a good game, not great nor poor, by any standard.:bang2:

Watch the game again for yourself.

The Panch

Reaction score
btcutter;1901439 said:
Did you watch the game or did you just pick up the stats on NFL.com???? Exactly how do you throw when your OL forgets to block for you and your WR with the best hands decide to take the day off? Did you check how many 3rd downs were converted by Romo during the scoring drives? Did you see how many offensive penalties there were which put us in 2nd/3rd and long in the 2nd half?

yes, he did take 2 sacks which he should have throw the ball away....but he played a good game, not great nor poor, by any standard.:bang2:

Watch the game again for yourself.
I was watching the game. Romo played "well" for most of the game, but a lot of those 3rd downs came courtesy of Barber. Im with you on how atrocious the O-line was, but Romo's decision making on the last two drives wasnt that much better. His immaturity with trying so hard to make the big play on those two sacks really hurt the team.

bleedin' blue

Reaction score
I am new around here but I feel like Romo is one of the top quarterbacks in the league and certainly deserves better than this "thanks" for the season he gave us.
Unfortunatly the penalties dropped balls and missed tackles all added up.....
13-3 = Heluva year!
:starspin