Tony Romo

dre1614

Reaction score
If you want to bash Romo here DONT. Go make your own thread for that.

please dont post here if all your going to do is bash him.

I know this loss stings, and you feel like you lost us the game, but keep your head up, you played a very smart football game at the quarterback position. You didn't turn the ball over, and you checked down to your running backs, and didn't try and force it. Yet there are people complaining you didn't make enough plays. The last month fans were bashing you because you tried to make too many plays. I thought you played a great game for your first playoff game.

I'll be rooting for you next year, and i have no doubts you will come out strong next year

Thanks for the season Tony, you saved our season

Aikbach

Reaction score
To begin a Romo thread at this time is only for gluttons for punishment, he deserves every last vent he receives for the coming days.

dre1614

Reaction score
Aikbach;1295443 said:
To begin a Romo thread at this time is only for gluttons for punishment, he deserves every last vent he receives for the coming days.

i cant even ask for one simple favor.

thanks for ruining the thread.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Aikbach;1295443 said:

Yea, because there will always be someone like you to drag down any positive commentary that anyone has.

Please, go away and let the man have his post, ffs.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Faerluna;1295479 said:
Yea, because there will always be someone like you to drag down any positive commentary that anyone has.

Please, go away and let the man have his post, ffs.
It is a messgae board chill out. Nothing profound at stake here, people are entitled to their thoughts and the fact is at present he will be appropriately scorned but perhpas forgiven later.

ndanger

Reaction score
dre1614;1295416 said:
If you want to bash Romo here DONT. Go make your own thread for that.

please dont post here if all your going to do is bash him.

I know this loss stings, and you feel like you lost us the game, but keep your head up, you played a very smart football game at the quarterback position. You didn't turn the ball over, and you checked down to your running backs, and didn't try and force it. Yet there are people complaining you didn't make enough plays. The last month fans were bashing you because you tried to make too many plays. I thought you played a great game for your first playoff game.

I'll be rooting for you next year, and i have no doubts you will come out strong next year

Thanks for the season Tony, you saved our season

Romo will bounce back from this, he has shown me a lot of character tonight.I am convinced he will work his butt off and redeem himself.Thanks for the post.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo did save our season if you call going 9-7 and losing the wild card game saving anything. Imagine what it would have been like with Stonehenge all year. Lucky for us BP had enough and now it looks like we have a good QB for a few years. This loss tonight will probably drive him to be the best QB in the league next year. Thanks to Tony we start out from a much different perspective next year.

dre1614

Reaction score
Aikbach;1295512 said:
It is a messgae board chill out. Nothing profound at stake here, people are entitled to their thoughts and the fact is at present he will be appropriately scorned but perhpas forgiven later.

your right people are entitled to their thoughts, but i asked if they could make their own thread for Romo bashing.

I wanted to thank him for the job he did this season, even with his muff snap

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Rooting NEXT YEAR....that LONG wait.

Oh man, I think I just got sick to my stomach.

Reaction score
Aikbach;1295443 said:

Lmaooo, why on earth was this thread made. Romo S U C K S!

dre1614

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1295562 said:
Lmaooo, why on earth was this thread made. Romo S U C K S!

wow, show some class.

did you read my post? at least show me some respect.
If you dont want to fine, thats what you do, then all means keep doing it

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Aikbach;1295512 said:

You are telling me to chill out? After a million negative nancy posts of yours that I've seen in tonight's game thread alone you feel that somehow you are exempt from being called out?

Hey, here's a shocker..even the ones that aren't the first to rip the franchise at the drop of a hat have an opinion, too. Take your flamethrower and shove it. Perhaps forgiven later...pfft...

gbrittain

Reaction score
I posted this in its own thread but got buried in about 5 seconds:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77324

I think it is clear what Dallas needs to do concerning the QB position for next year. Romo showed me enough this year to think he could be the guy. Romo has also showed me enough to think he may not be the guy.

I do not believe there are any Drew Brees types available in FA so I not think that an answer can be found via Free Agency.

I would pick up a vet not sure who is available, but someone good enough to hopefully push Romo or step in a jiffy if he falters or gets hurt.

Dallas needs to make a play for a QB in the draft and not some chump in the seventh round.

I know Dallas does not have a high pick, but if Dallas could pull a deal like the Chargers did when they drafted Rivers despite having Brees in the fold would be great. Of course their will be no Russell or Quinn as the price to move up to the top five picks will be too much.

However, a pretty good prospect could slip to Dallas around picks 15-25. Dallas needs to make it happen.

Romo may be the guy who we all saw a month ago. Not ready to throw in the towel on Romo, but I would think it wise to hedge the Romo bet some.

That pretty much sums up my feeling towards Romo.

DeathToTheSkinS

Reaction score
we lost...ok but how many games has he played 10? 11? whatever the point is this guy cares about this team...this wasnt just another game to him, this was his career to him...we live and die with romo as far as im concerned with this team, he is that type of player for us.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Faerluna;1295592 said:
You are telling me to chill out? After a million negative nancy posts of yours that I've seen in tonight's game thread alone you feel that somehow you are exempt from being called out?

Hey, here's a shocker..even the ones that aren't the first to rip the franchise at the drop of a hat have an opinion, too. Take your flamethrower and shove it. Perhaps forgiven later...pfft...
Arguing on the internet with an opinion that is counter to your own is pretty ridiculous. It is best just to be on your way with your own business, Romo played horribly for five weeks running and it is appropriate to point that out.

SIlencing those that lament this disheartening fact is futility in action. Free speech at play whether you like it or not.

Cas2800

Reaction score
Romo will bounce back. I think he lost some leverage in resigning to a big contract in the offseason with the play of the last couple of games. Im sure he will sign a new contract but he lost some bargining leverage.

I also think Parcells likes Romo's heart and that is one reason Parcells will be back next year. He wont leave knowing the potential he has with this team.

dre1614

Reaction score
Aikbach;1295631 said:
Arguing on the internet with an opinion that is counter to your own is pretty ridiculous. It is best just to be on your way with your own business, Romo played horribly for five weeks running and it is appropriate to point that out.

SIlencing those that lament this disheartening fact is futility in action. Free speech at play whether you like it or not.

and yet you dont have the respect to leave my thread alone. If thats the way you roll, fine by me i dont care.

i simply asked a favor, and obviously nobody cares.

whatever

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1295539 said:
Imagine what it would have been like with Stonehenge all year.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Man, did I ever need that. That is some funny shizzle!

"Stonehenge". LMAO!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Considering Romo was an undrafted free agent who received his first significant playing time and his first playoff experience this year, I think he did very well - despite the field goal muff.

I'm disappointed the Cowboys didn't win, but people who have perspective on life don't wallow in this loss and don't call for everyone to be fired - let alone Tony Romo - because of a mistake.

Stuff like that happens.

We've got a taste of the playoffs.

We got exposed in some areas that we'll have to address in the off season.

We look like we have a quarterback for the future.

I like the Cowboys prospects for next year.