TonyPauline: Hearing right now Poe/DT/Memphis is the favorite in the Cowboys war room

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Tony Pauline‏@TonyPaulineReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6216
Hearing right now Dontari Poe/DT/Memphis is the favorite in the Dallas Cowboys war room..more: http://www.draftinsider.net/

On the Monday of the combine, when we reported the Dallas Cowboys were the favorites to sign free agent cornerback Brandon Carr, we also posted the team was looking heavily at offensive lineman Cordy Glenn. Several sources have told us in recent weeks the franchise has shifted its focus to the defensive line and as of today Memphis defensive tackle Dontari Poe is the apple of their eyes.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
According to Tony Pauline, Poe is the "apple of their eye" for Dallas.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I know a lot of people on this site are down on Poe, but I would love to see him in a Cowboys uniform.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I know the draft isnt an exact science but everything I've read about this guy has "bust" written all over it. I just keep reading negatives.

JBS

Reaction score
**** my life!! I'm ok w just about anyone at 14..literally, like 20 players..the one guy I don't want is Poe..******!!!!!

rkell87

Reaction score
lklk.jpg

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
a work out warrior--never been a player--please no
if yes, I hope I'm very wrong

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Doomsday;4490301 said:
I know a lot of people on this site are down on Poe, but I would love to see him in a Cowboys uniform.

I would love to have him here too. Too many have their predictions or pet cats, but Poe is a more athletic version of Sapp in my opinion.

Jenky

Reaction score
Dontari Poe - DL - Player
SI.com draft analyst Tony Pauline reports that Memphis NT Dontari Poe is the "apple of (the Cowboys') eyes" at the No. 14 overall pick.
It's worth noting Pauline was all over the Cowboys' interest in CB Brandon Carr during Combine week. Pauline reports that Dallas looked "heavily" at Georgia G/T Cordy Glenn in Indianapolis, but has now "shifted its focus" to the defensive line, targeting Poe. In Dallas, the developmental Poe could be brought along slowly as a run-stuffing nose behind Pro Bowl starter Jay Ratliff.
Related: Cowboys
Source: TFY Draft Insider Apr 2 - 2:35 PM

What's the word guys?

reddyuta

Reaction score
I will start worrying when they invite him to Valley ranch but i wont freak out if they pick him(i just hope they have done their homework on him).

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Guy has bust written all over him.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
HoustonFrog;4490305 said:
I know the draft isnt an exact science but everything I've read about this guy has "bust" written all over it. I just keep reading negatives.

And yet Tony Mandorich back in the day was a can't miss. I'll trust our scouts over the fans.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Can't say Poe would be my choice. I will say he would be a very big man in the center of the defense at 6'4" 346.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I've seen several vids on him and I just don't see much with him