Too early to talk about our HC and OCs job?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I know Jerry isn't letting go of his favorite son but I am really starting to hate seeing him on the sidleines. It's one thing to lose but our offense was not prepared at all. Gonna be a long season. I did buy a new snow blower so I at least have that going for me.
Where have you been for the last 5+ years?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Linehan was fired, we be stuck with Garrett trying to OC. What a nightmare that would turn out to be.
Jason was never a great coordinator but at least he never stopped running the ball when it was working like somebody else we know

LittleD

Reaction score
Jason was never a great coordinator but at least he never stopped running the ball when it was working like somebody else we know

Looking at the tape, the Panther defensive front didn't even have to stack the line to stop Zeke and the running game yesterday. This game looked much like the game we played against Denver last year.

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
I know Jerry isn't letting go of his favorite son but I am really starting to hate seeing him on the sidleines. It's one thing to lose but our offense was not prepared at all. Gonna be a long season. I did buy a new snow blower so I at least have that going for me.
----------------
Been faithfully watching my Boys since 1974 and I can unequivocally tell everyone here that our COACHING STAFF is the SOLE REASON we have failed for the past 20+ years.

I don't need to add fancy stats OR comparison charts OR draft picks OR injuries OR depth charts or any other peripheral excuse that many JG lovers try to convince themselves with. We were usign the same excuses when we had Tony, Dez, Murray, Witten...are you kidding me !?!?!? STOP blaming DAK or anyone else!....maybe if DIpSH^#^# JG hadn't traumatized Dak by allowing CHAZ green to completely DEMORALIZE any confidence in our young QB by opening a flood gate of brutal sacks, maybe we would have the "old Dak" back......who knows, but the point is COACHING SUCKS for past 10 years. Period!

The LOGIC is indisputable. Wipe away all the glossy excuses and annual rationales (missed draft picks, injuries, Dak poor passing ) that makes you feel better! BE HONEST and ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION. If we kept everything EXACTLY as it is now or has been in ANY of the last 10 years, final 53, entire coaching staff, owners, FO, etc...same talent, same injuries, same staff, same drafts....every single thing the same and only made ONE CHANGE.......replaced RED-HEADED BUFFOON with Bill Belichick.....we would have had AT LEAST THREE Superbowl rings under our past talent (JW, TR, DB, DM)....over the past decade alone! Logically you can conclude that our HC is the problem.

I challenge any rational objective fan to disagree. Folks we have stunk in a sea of mediocrity for YEARS because of ONE THING - our despicable, inept, incapable HEAD COACH, who is a puppet, a figurehead at best.....a man-child that makes $6mill a year to do WHAT?!?! clap and pat butts and congratulate our players when they fumble or drop a pass or punt the ball away?

Bill Belichick's THIRD STRING could beat our starters, because he PREPARES, COACHES, MENTORS, TRAINS his ENTIRE team, game plan contingencies and scheme for success. EVERY position, EVERY string! He runs a very strict and tight ship, holds his team and individual performance ACCOUNTABLE for their actions. He can take any under-performing player and strategically mold them or cut them fast. STEALTH COACHING

JG is much more interested in being the player's "friend" than their coach or disciplinarian. At the NFL level, this approach has never and will NEVER work. Under JG, we will never, ever, ever make it our of mediocrity. The culture is already ingrained. No matter how much RAW TALENT we acquire, as long as that HC puppet fool is here, we are doomed.......no one will convince me of anything different. There is no discipline or accountability or pride or preparation or toughness or aggression.

Until you remove JG...no matter WHAT talent we bring on this team...we can get Tom Brady tomorrow.....JG will find a way to undermine our success...we are DOOMED folks

Breaks my heart.......

Eddie

Reaction score
What's going to happen if we change the coaches next year? Nothing.

Jerry Jones is still in charge.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If this game is even remotely representative of the season Jerry will make a move.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't have the spine to fire Garrett.
he will game 8 or so and this is falling apart..it happens and I believe the changing of ALL the other staff besides the top 3 was an indicator that those 3 are on the clock..its not just JJ its SJ and now that all of JG GUYS are gone he is now exposed without splitting the locker room..

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Too early? No..........Too late? Yes by several years.

Bluedocd

Reaction score
I'm welling to give Garrett a pass because Jerry Jones sucks as a GM! I said it EONS ago but got beat down for it. Jerry Jones needs to stop thinking he can do the job as a GM and just hire a good GM and take him and his son to the ranch and just drink.

And don't even get me started on the draft picks! I said it was stupid to pick Jaylon Smith in the second round and the guy still has yall waiting to turn into this great linebacker. Well it's year 3 now folks.
Same with Gregory. Stupid as hell to draft this guy in the second round.....he's about to get suspended from the league....for life....
I could go on....by why bother....you know I'm telling the lord's truth!

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
The coach who didn’t stand on the sidelines yesterday should have been canned in the offseason.

Carter

Reaction score
He wasnt even in discussion after going 4-12 a couple of years ago, he wont be now or in the future. Also Teams never fire Coaches or Coordinaters after Week 1. They get atleast the Bye so a new guy can actually prepare the Team a bit. Most of the time though Changes are made in the Offseason so the new guys can implicate their Playbook and Stuff.

So chances are both stay atleast for the year, Garrett likely forever. If the O keeps playing like that till the Bye Week than they Change Linehan and give the Playcalling back to Clapper.

LittleD

Reaction score
I'm welling to give Garrett a pass because Jerry Jones sucks as a GM! I said it EONS ago but got beat down for it. Jerry Jones needs to stop thinking he can do the job as a GM and just hire a good GM and take him and his son to the ranch and just drink.

And don't even get me started on the draft picks! I said it was stupid to pick Jaylon Smith in the second round and the guy still has yall waiting to turn into this great linebacker. Well it's year 3 now folks.
Same with Gregory. Stupid as hell to draft this guy in the second round.....he's about to get suspended from the league....for life....
I could go on....by why bother....you know I'm telling the lord's truth!

Really, Garrett has been given so many passes by Jerry he hardly has to attend school classed any more. Maybe that's why he continues to
get schooled every weekend. Yuk!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
What OC's are available? I know it's pretty difficult to fire a coordinator on the fly and find a replacement.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Football coaches
On the street right like the Jag FA scraps left..whos available right now? no one thats who..another retread? no matter what we are stuck most of the season with this staff, lets try and support the Star and hope for a nice rest of the season..