Too early to talk about our HC and OCs job?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know Jerry isn't letting go of his favorite son but I am really starting to hate seeing him on the sidleines. It's one thing to lose but our offense was not prepared at all. Gonna be a long season. I did buy a new snow blower so I at least have that going for me.
IMO, too early for Garrett, but not for Linehan. Give me a break Linehan on that offensive game plan and inability to adapt after the 1st series.

kskboys

Reaction score
IMO, Garrett is done. Looks to me like he's lost the team. Conjecture on my part, absolutely.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I know Jerry isn't letting go of his favorite son but I am really starting to hate seeing him on the sidleines. It's one thing to lose but our offense was not prepared at all. Gonna be a long season. I did buy a new snow blower so I at least have that going for me.

I bought a new lawn tractor... figure Sundays are for mowin the lawn. As far as starting the talk, it's an ongoing "process" Foo

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If Garrett wants any chance at all of keeping his job, he better start thinking of replacing Linehan.
Also, I’d like to publicly apologize to you. I got on your *** awhile back but you’ve proved your objective and not just a negative Nancy on anything Cowboys.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
>.> people been talking about that, this offseason and for years before that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Garrett wants any chance at all of keeping his job, he better start thinking of replacing Linehan.

It may be too late at this point. Can't really replace him and start over now, and by the end of the season, if Linnehan fails, so does Garrett, and it may be all over for both of them. I know some say Garrett has the job until the end of time because Jerry loves him so much, but I don't believe that. Jerry has definitely given Garrett more time than most coaches get, but there is a limit. 8-8 or less, and probably even 9-7 with no playoffs will probably be that limit.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what is a new coach giong to do at this point in the season? How can he simplify the offense to improve a backup QB playing as a starter? More screens,slants or crossing routes. I say just let him run the ball, he's not going to beat anybody with his arm.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ravens fired Cam Cameron in week 14 of 2012 and went on the win the SB. Something needs to shake this team up, and not just replacing position coaches because they don’t parrot the Garrett message.

kskboys

Reaction score
It may be too late at this point. Can't really replace him and start over now, and by the end of the season, if Linnehan fails, so does Garrett, and it may be all over for both of them. I know some say Garrett has the job until the end of time because Jerry loves him so much, but I don't believe that. Jerry has definitely given Garrett more time than most coaches get, but there is a limit. 8-8 or less, and probably even 9-7 with no playoffs will probably be that limit.
Possibly, but that's what JG would need to do. This clusterfudge needs something, and if JG insists on keeping Liney, he's putting his own job in a major hazard zone.

I know Dak didn't play well, but there were many problems beyond that.

Big_D

Reaction score
It's never too early.. Garrett should've been gone years ago. And the Linehan hire was a headscratcher to begin with. So it's no surprise that move isn't really paying dividends.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Maybe we could win the Josh McDaniel sweepstakes instead of Indy this offseason? I think we are a little more high profile franchise to entice him. That said, the JJ factor may make us less desirable. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a HC job chance here and promote Kris Richard to DC. Kyle Shannahan would have been a good choice too but too late on that option. If Dak has any hope of living up to the hype he needs a modern legit offense mind, and also to maybe not kill crickets when he does make his throws.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bring in Norv as HC/OC give the DC job to the DB coach.
Playoffs

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The option play worked. That usually means we will not run it again until week 17.

cern

Reaction score
No matter who is fired, garrett needs to go. He is the major stumbling block to success.