Too high or Too Low: Prescott

garyo1954

Reaction score
Might as well light it up.....

According to Dalton Miller of Pro Football Network, Prescott is just outside of the top-50, coming in at No. 54 overall. That's ahead of Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley and behind Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen.

Miller also ranked his teammate, running back Ezekiel Elliott, at No. 88 on the list. Here's what Miller had to say about his ranking of the Dallas signal-caller:

"Dak Prescott drops a few spots year to year, but that’s presumably due to the season-ending injury he suffered in Week 5 against the New York Giants. Prescott signed a huge deal in the offseason after lighting defenses on fire before his untimely injury. He appears to be on schedule to start in 2021, and with Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, and Michael Gallup, it’s difficult to see a situation where he doesn’t compete for a passing title this year.

“Prescott’s improvements in his footwork led to drastic improvements in his accuracy in 2019. That carried into 2020, along with his propensity to test defenses instead of playing passively. He could very well play his way into contention for the final page of the NFL Top 100 Rankings going into 2022.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...p-50-in-nfls-best-players-for-2021/ar-AAM04Uo

garyo1954

Reaction score
Went back and looked at the QBs ranked in the Top 100 ranked lower......

99) Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta Falcons
92) Matthew Stafford, QB, Los Angeles Rams
91) Baker Mayfield, QB, Cleveland Browns
82) Justin Herbert, QB, Los Angeles Chargers
81) Kyler Murray, QB, Arizona Cardinals
74) Ryan Tannehill, QB, Tennessee Titans
54 Dak Prescott

Guess now the question is: How many QBs make the Top 100?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

54 Dak Prescott

So that means Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen, Jackson, Cousins and Watson (If they list him) are all ahead of Dak? So they have Dak 9th probably? I'm not mad at that. I have Dak 11th in my rankings. I have all those plus Tannehill and Herbert above Dak.

garyo1954

Reaction score
So that means Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen, Jackson, Cousins and Watson (If they list him) are all ahead of Dak? So they have Dak 9th probably? I'm not mad at that. I have Dak 11th in my rankings. I have all those plus Tannehill and Herbert above Dak.

I'll do you one better....

Zack Martin will be above QB1 and Elliott.
Likely Top 20. Maybe Top 10.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Many fans could care less about what these paid media heads have have to say. They only write about the Dallas Cowboys & their players for attention. Fans have their own opinions & that's all that really matters.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Many fans could care less about what these paid media heads have have to say. They only write about the Dallas Cowboys & their players for attention. Fans have their own opinions & that's all that really matters.

Okay. But many fans want to know what's being written about their team.
If they didn't care there wouldn't be a fan zone.
Without the media there's not much to talk about. Maybe the weather, fishing, new car, etc.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

According to Dalton Miller of Pro Football Network, Prescott is just outside of the top-50, coming in at No. 54 overall. That's ahead of Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley and behind Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen.

Miller also ranked his teammate, running back Ezekiel Elliott, at No. 88 on the list. Here's what Miller had to say about his ranking of the Dallas signal-caller:

"Dak Prescott drops a few spots year to year, but that’s presumably due to the season-ending injury he suffered in Week 5 against the New York Giants. Prescott signed a huge deal in the offseason after lighting defenses on fire before his untimely injury. He appears to be on schedule to start in 2021, and with Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, and Michael Gallup, it’s difficult to see a situation where he doesn’t compete for a passing title this year.

“Prescott’s improvements in his footwork led to drastic improvements in his accuracy in 2019. That carried into 2020, along with his propensity to test defenses instead of playing passively. He could very well play his way into contention for the final page of the NFL Top 100 Rankings going into 2022.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...p-50-in-nfls-best-players-for-2021/ar-AAM04Uo
Who knows?
We need to see them play this year.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Who is Dalton Miller and should I care?

I do agree that Prescott might win the passing title.....and nothing else. If he does win it, the Cowboys do not win anything, including the East.

Dak fans will be happy with that since they only care about his personal stats. Winning isn't a priority as long as Dak can pile up his stats.

For some reason that provides more chest pounding than an NFC championship or a super bowl.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Who is Dalton Miller and should I care?

I do agree that Prescott might win the passing title.....and nothing else. If he does win it, the Cowboys do not win anything, including the East.

That's probably a truth I don't want to admit (just yet).
But it is true he was on pace to pass for 6000 yards last year, and the team was 1-3 (coulda been 0-4 if not for the Falcons generational choke job).

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I have Dak at 5th

DFWJC

Reaction score

54 Dak Prescott

It's just so hard to compare QBs directly when the firepower around them is so different.

To fairly (and honestly) compare Dak with other QBs you would have to rank how each QB would do with Dallas' :

Oline (possibly 3 pro bowlers if healthy),
RBs--Zeke/Pollard, and
WRs--one of the very best WR 3-somes (Cooper/Lamb/Gallop) in the NFL.

Plug other QBs into that offensive lineup with the same coordinators, then rank them....simple as that.
Whatver you come with, at least you know you thought it thru.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak fans will be happy with that since they only care about his personal stats. Winning isn't a priority as long as Dak can pile up his stats.

For some reason that provides more chest-pounding than an NFC championship or a super bowl.
they like to live their life through dak. I can see them out in their backyard or street running around throwing the football to themselves with their dak jersey on. lol. rah rah

then during basketball season they put on their Jordan jersey and pretend they're Jordan. oh well

DFWJC

Reaction score
Uness Cousins pops up right away, I'd say he's not on the list.

Btw, I think Staford is better than several ahead of him.
At least he'll have a good play-caller.
But Rams WRs are good, but not great, imo. Nowhere near ours
Same with RBs

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

He played passively in 2020 until we got down multiple scores and he had no choice but to be aggressive.

Dak is a conservative player because he knows he is a very talented thrower of the football.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing that should play into these rankings. The QB's that are ranked higher than Prescott, where do their D's rank? Where do their coaching staffs rank?

In the greatest team sport ever devised, who gives a damn about player rankings?