Too high or Too Low: Prescott

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Uness Cousins pops up right away, I'd say he's not on the list.

Btw, I think Staford is better than several ahead of him.
At least he'll have a good play-caller.
But Rams WRs are good, but not great, imo. Nowhere near ours
Same with RBs
There is no way Cousins is not on this list, imo.

He threw for 4,200 yards, 35 TDs, and 13 INTs last year. Cousins is a legit top 10 QB that gives you consistency every single year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Who is Dalton Miller and should I care?

I do agree that Prescott might win the passing title.....and nothing else. If he does win it, the Cowboys do not win anything, including the East.

Correct when your QB is having to do that usually means other things on the team are not working, If the defense doesn't improve there is no QB in the league taking this team anywhere....

DFWJC

Reaction score
There is no way Cousins is not on this list, imo.

He threw for 4,200 yards, 35 TDs, and 13 INTs last year. Cousins is a legit top 10 QB that gives you consistency every single year.
Not predicting that he's not, just saying if he is on the list I would expect him to show up very soon....which is what I expect.

Yes,
his +22 TD-Int last year topped anything our guy has ever done.
his 105 QB rating last year was also better than our guy has ever had for a full season

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Might as well light it up.....

According to Dalton Miller of Pro Football Network, Prescott is just outside of the top-50, coming in at No. 54 overall. That's ahead of Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley and behind Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen.

Miller also ranked his teammate, running back Ezekiel Elliott, at No. 88 on the list. Here's what Miller had to say about his ranking of the Dallas signal-caller:

"Dak Prescott drops a few spots year to year, but that’s presumably due to the season-ending injury he suffered in Week 5 against the New York Giants. Prescott signed a huge deal in the offseason after lighting defenses on fire before his untimely injury. He appears to be on schedule to start in 2021, and with Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, and Michael Gallup, it’s difficult to see a situation where he doesn’t compete for a passing title this year.

“Prescott’s improvements in his footwork led to drastic improvements in his accuracy in 2019. That carried into 2020, along with his propensity to test defenses instead of playing passively. He could very well play his way into contention for the final page of the NFL Top 100 Rankings going into 2022.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...p-50-in-nfls-best-players-for-2021/ar-AAM04Uo
:espn::espn:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not predicting that he's not, just saying if he is on the list I would expect him to show up very soon....which is what I expect.

Yes,
his +22 TD-Int last year topped anything our guy has ever done.
his 105 QB rating last year was also better than our guy has ever had for a full season
Cousins gets a lot of flack, but that dude is a legit top 10 QB year in and year out. He has played at that level for a long time too.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So that means Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen, Jackson, Cousins and Watson (If they list him) are all ahead of Dak? So they have Dak 9th probably? I'm not mad at that. I have Dak 11th in my rankings. I have all those plus Tannehill and Herbert above Dak.
Dak is better than Allen, Cousins, Jackson and an old Wilson, Rodgers and Brady.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who is Dalton Miller and should I care?

I do agree that Prescott might win the passing title.....and nothing else. If he does win it, the Cowboys do not win anything, including the East.
It will just give Dak slobberers ammo. And attract more Trolls.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Went back and looked at the QBs ranked in the Top 100 ranked lower......

99) Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta Falcons
92) Matthew Stafford, QB, Los Angeles Rams
91) Baker Mayfield, QB, Cleveland Browns
82) Justin Herbert, QB, Los Angeles Chargers
81) Kyler Murray, QB, Arizona Cardinals
74) Ryan Tannehill, QB, Tennessee Titans
54 Dak Prescott

Guess now the question is: How many QBs make the Top 100?
typically top 10 the way we all typically do it..10 very high quality starters make the top 10 in each position give or take....

glimmerman

Reaction score
Might as well light it up.....

According to Dalton Miller of Pro Football Network, Prescott is just outside of the top-50, coming in at No. 54 overall. That's ahead of Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley and behind Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen.

Miller also ranked his teammate, running back Ezekiel Elliott, at No. 88 on the list. Here's what Miller had to say about his ranking of the Dallas signal-caller:

"Dak Prescott drops a few spots year to year, but that’s presumably due to the season-ending injury he suffered in Week 5 against the New York Giants. Prescott signed a huge deal in the offseason after lighting defenses on fire before his untimely injury. He appears to be on schedule to start in 2021, and with Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, and Michael Gallup, it’s difficult to see a situation where he doesn’t compete for a passing title this year.

“Prescott’s improvements in his footwork led to drastic improvements in his accuracy in 2019. That carried into 2020, along with his propensity to test defenses instead of playing passively. He could very well play his way into contention for the final page of the NFL Top 100 Rankings going into 2022.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...p-50-in-nfls-best-players-for-2021/ar-AAM04Uo
He is a top 10 QB this year. The man was injured last year. Hasn’t had a Defense in years. One year was banged up O-Line. He is one of the better QB in the league.

blueblood70

Reaction score
  1. Mahomes
  2. TB12
  3. ROGERS
  4. WILSON
  5. JACKSON
  6. ALLEN
  7. DAK
  8. WATSON
  9. RYAN
  10. COUSINS
  11. MAYFIELD
  12. STAFFORD
  13. MURRAY
we can debate 5-10 any day and they can be moving pieces not set in stone but that top 4for me is the correct ranking..dak can be anywhere 6-10 and im cool with that..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He is a top 10 QB this year. The man was injured last year. Hasn’t had a Defense in years. One year was banged up O-Line. He is one of the better QB in the league.
He's had an above average defense his entire career outside of 4 1/2 games. I

know the 2020 defense was bad, but you can't allow it to cloud everything that happened prior to 2020.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
He's had an above average defense his entire career outside of 4 1/2 games. I

know the 2020 defense was bad, but you can't allow it to cloud everything that happened prior to 2020.
If you say so but I disagree his defenses have sucked

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If you say so but I disagree his defenses have sucked
2016 rankings- Team defense (5th), Rushing (1st), Passing (26), PPG allowed (5th).
2017 rankings- Team defense (13th), Ruhing (8th), Passing (11th), PPG Allowed (13th)
2018 rankings- Team defense (6th), Rushing (5th), Passing (13th), PPG Allowed (6th)
2019 rankings- Team defense (11th), Rushing (11th), Passing (10th), PPG Allowed (11th)

I mean, you can think they suck, but the numbers do not lie. We have had an above average defense every year Dak has been in the league outside of 4 1/2 games.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
you high.......
no question top 4

Mahomes
Brady
Rogers
Wilson
I wish.
Brady’s the GOAT but his time has passed finally. Rogers is an *** and players don’t want to play for him. Wilson is awesome as well but has got some locker room issues. Mahomes is certainly #1 but even he has some issues. He’s played pretty bad in both SB’s.