Too many Shell Shocked/PTSD fans here

hmm let me try saying Trouty three times.
Trouty became a good friend of mine, as did many from the old beer thread. I talk to Waldoputty regularly, we even worked on a business venture together. Trouty was really trying to get back on his feet, what a shame....I miss talking to him. He was a good guy.
 
You live in the southern part of the state I am up north. You don't like UW for whatever reason. We were both members of Hostiles board at one time.
Yes. We were both on Hostile’s board. But I think you have me confused about UW??? I’m not sure what you are referring to.

I live in Oklahoma. Always have.
 
Trouty became a good friend of mine, as did many from the old beer thread. I talk to Waldoputty regularly, we even worked on a business venture together. Trouty was really trying to get back on his feet, what a shame....I miss talking to him. He was a good guy.
What happened to him?
 
Timing is everything. Like perhaps this message means more if we are above .500 and leading the NFC east. Part of walking the walk is actually proving yourself with results. Too early to post this, IMO.
There are people here who argued with me in the offseason over how much we were improved without even playing so much as a preseason game. The more I said I needed to see an actual game that counts, the more they stomped their feet.

It ain't PTSD; it's common sense.
 
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
 
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
"im not going to tell you how to fan"

Then goes on to tell us how to fan.
 
Yes. We were both on Hostile’s board. But I think you have me confused about UW??? I’m not sure what you are referring to.

I live in Oklahoma. Always have.
What happened to his board?
 
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
Preach.
 
"im not going to tell you how to fan"

Then goes on to tell us how to fan.
No one’s telling you how to fan. Just fans pointing out that being a hater all the is not being a good fan. You have a right to hate on the Cowboys and we have a right to point out that it’s a sucky way to be a fan.
 
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
Good post. But! I believe the players are the same way. Seems like they can’t live up to the expectations and just choke.
 
I’m not one to tell fans how to fan. If you love drinking urine in your cereal to start your day just to punish yourself, then by all means, enjoy. Lol.

Having said that, I see people who want to lump 30 plus years of futility into THIS season. Every mistake made by a coach or a player is the end of the world and is a sign that “nothing has changed”.

Shotty is a good example of that. Some have already written him off, due to various issues/mistakes. A person has every right to do that, if they choose.

But I hate to break it to some of you that even the best coaches make mistakes. Even Belichick made mistakes from time to time. Brady helped cover some of those mistakes. Winning is the ultimate deodorizer for mistakes.

Keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect. Some things do take time. Maybe this year will turn out like all the rest. But I’m going to enjoy the ride and see what happens. Maybe we will eventually catch lightning in a bottle.

We do have some things to be encouraged about. This rookie draft class looks like it will be pretty solid. The personnel has been upgraded. Jerry has a sense of urgency. NFCE is bad this year. Playoffs here we come.
Love this post and totally agree. We also need to see if he learns from those mistakes. I tend to be an optimist when it comes to my Cowboys and I see a team that will look better come November, however I also understand those that do not look at this team with rose colored glasses. These damn Cowboys always find a way to let us down and always comes the minute you're too high on them and that always makes it hurt more. I am optimistic but I never let myself get too high. Tonight should be one of those fun games that we easily win but if we don't them walls are going to come crashing down.
 
Trouty became a good friend of mine, as did many from the old beer thread. I talk to Waldoputty regularly, we even worked on a business venture together. Trouty was really trying to get back on his feet, what a shame....I miss talking to him. He was a good guy.
Shoot him a dm he does still answer them. He doesn’t live far from me. He’s a good dude I need to reach out and see how he’s doing.
 
What happened to his board?

I don’t know the backstory, but Mike aka Hos still posts on Twitter/X you can find him there. I still stay in contact with him, heck been an acquaintance for like 23 years now since I joined this board. There are a lot of old members who do regularly post on Twitter/X.
 
Shoot him a dm he does still answer them. He doesn’t live far from me. He’s a good dude I need to reach out and see how he’s doing.
His phone was disconnected and then someone else hadn't. Another friend told me some bad news about him...this gives me hope that he was wrong. Gonna try to reach out right now. Thanks
 
I agree every season should be taken individually, and probably half this roster or more has only been in Dallas a couple of years. Guilt by association is a very real thing.

The problem is, while seasons, coaches, players, and everything around this team changes....Jerry and Stephen never do. That's where 99 percent of the "here we go again" mentality comes from.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,240
Messages
14,674,281
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top