Image: Top 10 Disruptors of 2021 based on Next Gen Stats

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm trying hard NOT to say we have a legit superstar LBer after just one season but it's hard, really hard. The scary thing is this kid should be even better this year with a year under his belt.

289393329_10160303817751263_116856401709821244_n.jpg

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Probably the same number as every other team except the team that drafted them.
Some of us fans have been pounding the table for a top notch defense for awhile. You put another one of those guys on this Cowboys team and that'll probably do the trick. Some fans, maybe even you, want to just keep building up on the offense like Jerry has been doing for the last 26 years.

PS-
I wanted us to let Tank walk and draft Maxx Crosby in 2019.
:thumbup:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Some of us fans have been pounding the table for a top notch defense for awhile. You put another one of those guys on this Cowboys team and that'll probably do the trick. Some fans, maybe even you, want to just keep building up on the offense like Jerry has been doing for the last 26 years.

PS-
I wanted us to let Tank walk and draft Maxx Crosby in 2019.
:thumbup:
And every year bozos want to draft o lineman in the first round while we have bums at every level on defense. T diggs and parsons are the first playmakers weve had on the defense since d ware

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many of those guys did we pass on in the draft? Three or four?

Define...pass on ...?
Watt, for sure.
The others, depends what round. Say a player was taken in the 2nd round, but we picked some other player in the 1st round, then that player was taken before we picked in the 2nd.
So we really did not pass on that player. Unless you wanted one of them before, oh, say, Micah.
I am not going back to research who went where and when we picked and who we picked instead. It doesn't matter.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Realistically, we should have had two of those guys on our roster - Micah and T.J. Watts.
The Rams picked Aaron Donald three picks ahead of us in the 2014 draft; otherwise, assuming Chicago and Pittsburgh didn't want him, then Donald would have been wearing the star.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Define...pass on ...?
Watt, for sure.
The others, depends what round. Say a player was taken in the 2nd round, but we picked some other player in the 1st round, then that player was taken before we picked in the 2nd.
So we really did not pass on that player. Unless you wanted one of them before, oh, say, Micah.
I am not going back to research who went where and when we picked and who we picked instead. It doesn't matter.
It was mainly a joke and not a real question. But I was trying to make a point. Two studs on the defensive line or on the defense period can take a defense to the next level. Jerry really needs to start going after guys on the defensive side of the ball.

Like I said in another thread, McCarthy and Quinn seem to be pushing this defense in the right direction. They really have been drafting some difference makers on defense these last couple of drafts. Let's hope that trend continues. So it's not about looking backwards and wondering what if... It's about looking forward and seeing the possibilities.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on how much help they give him. Ware never got the help players like Lawrence Taylor and Derrick Thomas got to help max out their potential.

Look at past outstanding defenders and look who was around them.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hendrickson was a FA in 21. We signed Brent Urban and Tarell Basham and Keanu Neal instead.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hendrickson was a FA in 21. We signed Brent Urban and Tarell Basham and Keanu Neal instead.

Yes. That's where the cheap FA tactic bites us, and Hendrickson really didn't sign for that much (4 years, $60 million).

cowboyec

Reaction score
micah parsons.
the lion of nitnay is the fulfilment of prophecy.
it's happnin'...right before us.
the lion cometh.
the lion is here.
this is gonna be so much fun to watch.

chuck howley begat hollywood henderson who begat micah freakin' parsons.
direct quote from the book of micah.