Top 10 Rookies That Already Look Like Steals (Guyton 5)

rambo2

Reaction score
Cooper Beebe is a bigger steal than Guyton.Beebe played a snap at Center in College,his rapid progression to starting Center for the Cowboys is amazing.
Beebe is a huge upgrade over Biadasz and it is a good deal that Biadasz now starts for a division rival.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
First of all, remains to be seen if these guys can prove it in regular season, but interesting video and Guyton is the only first rounder and OT on his list.

Would have been nice to spend that 4th rounder on Ray Davis instead of Trey Lance.

Wish we could end up with a DL steal. No one will ever question our OL scouting, but reverse for other side.

Rams could be tough again this year. They have restocked WR throughout, and if Texans hit on another rookie, look out!

#10 BEARS Austin Booker, EDGE, Kansas, 5th round
#9 CARDINALS Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, CB,Texas Tech, 4th round
#8 CARDINALS Xavier Thomas, EDGE, Clemson, 5th round
#7 RAMS, Jordan Whittington, WR, Texas, 6th round
#6 BILLS, Ray Davis, RB, Kentucky, 4th round
#5 COWBOYS, Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma, 1st round
#4 VIKINGS, Levi Drake Rodriguez, DT, Texas A&M Commerce, 7th round
#3 49ERS, Dominic Puni, OG, Kansas, 3rd round
#2 TITANS, Jaylen Harrell, EDGE, Michigan, 7th round
#1 TEXANS, Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia, 2nd round

Being the last OT taken in very deep 1st could qualify him as a steal at this point. Especially if he plays the way he did against Crosby. Alot of other teams fans coild question taking their OT over Guyton

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Before long Beebe might end up being THE steal of the draft. I really wanted Frazier but with the Steelers taking him early second Beebe was a great pick to sure up the center of our line .
If Beebe had game OC experience, he'd had been in that tier below Johnson with JPJ and Frazier. Going somwhere between 40-55

I expect a big year 2 jump from Beebe no matter how good he is this year. He supposedly has like 30% body fat. Once he turns that to muscle, he will be a far more mobile player

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, as put in OP and video. Still enjoyed the early speculation. As always, some rookies will emerge that weren’t on any radar.

Parsons was looked at as a talented rookie but nothing special until that early game his rookie year when DQ was forced to line him up as a DE, and the rest was history.
Absolutely not true. Scouts were gushing over him, calling him the next Urlacher but faster. He was touted as the best pass rushing LB in his class, albeit from the MLB position.

Proof

Reaction score
The jury is still out on these players until the regular season starts. I’m not calling anyone a steal until I see them perform in games that matter.
yeah, that's the purpose of the qualifiers "already" and "look like".

Reactions: CWR

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
First of all, remains to be seen if these guys can prove it in regular season, but interesting video and Guyton is the only first rounder and OT on his list.

Would have been nice to spend that 4th rounder on Ray Davis instead of Trey Lance.

Wish we could end up with a DL steal. No one will ever question our OL scouting, but reverse for other side.

Rams could be tough again this year. They have restocked WR throughout, and if Texans hit on another rookie, look out!

I like Puni, but any list that doesn't start and stop with Cooper Beebe is invalid.

BigD_95

Reaction score

How is a 1st round pick a steal when you pick him b4 his draft projection. He might end up a great pick but I wouldn’t say steal

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:huh:

Highly unlikely. He will get a lot of snaps at LB.
Yeah, I changed my opinion when I saw the depth chart at LB. We might have the worst LB core in the league with the 32 year old Kendricks being the "star" of the group. Should have made a run at Frankie Luvu who ended up in Washington.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think you can call a 1st round pick a steal. They’re all expected to be long term quality starters. Guyton was never a top 20 guy and still wouldn’t be drafted there today.

mcmvp

Reaction score
How can anybody make any sort of prediction on which draft picks are steals before any of the rookies play their first NFL snap?

blueblood70

Reaction score

in my opinion ever taken in the first round how can you call that a steal? more like Beebee , Carson, and possibly we can see Liafu or kneeland jump into that steal category. That all remains to be seen but id put Beebe in that spot. 3rd round C to starter and he looks like beast ie STEAL