Top 20 Highest Paid Players In 2008

dallas_112678

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2404842 said:
LOL! You have Owens as over paid yet left Moss off the over-paid list, even though he makes more, and has all of 3 more catches on the season than Owens, he's scored 2 less times, and he's fumbled 2 more times.

But, yeah, clearly Owens is over-paid and Moss has earned every penny.

I'm sure you'll throw out that he's not had Brady, and I'll grant him something there, but Cassell is FAR AND AWAY the better backup QB than what TO has had to deal with the last month.

He hasnt had Brady since the very first game and he still has more catches than Owens when Romo has only been out the last 3 games. Just saying.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Did anyone bother to click on the link and take a look at what makes up those salaries?

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/teamdetail.aspx?year=2008&team=10&order=Salary+desc

That is NOT their salary for this year, nor their cap hit for this season.

It is the total number of dollars given to that player this year. Flozelle's "salary" for 2008 is $1M the other $13M in their list is his signing bonus. His total cap hit for 2008 is $3.1M.

The same is true for all the others on the list! Not a single Cowboys' player on that list has an actual salary of over $1M. The highest cap hits are for Roy L. Williams, Terrell Owens, Anthony Henry, and Leonard Davis, all over $5M for 2008.

In other words, the list is entirely useless as it has not actual bearing on what a player makes, just what checks will have been distributed to them this year.

Roethlisberger's "salary" is $2.5M the other $25M is his signing bonus.

Morons! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That means nothing. Like the poster on the other page said, those are all guys who signed contractst his offseason. Next season the Cowboys may not have oen guy in the top 20. Maybe just Ware since he's about to resign I believe.

DTK

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2404842 said:
LOL! You have Owens as over paid yet left Moss off the over-paid list, even though he makes more, and has all of 3 more catches on the season than Owens, he's scored 2 less times, and he's fumbled 2 more times.

But, yeah, clearly Owens is over-paid and Moss has earned every penny.

I'm sure you'll throw out that he's not had Brady, and I'll grant him something there, but Cassell is FAR AND AWAY the better backup QB than what TO has had to deal with the last month.
Actually, I don't think Owens is overpaid. I just missed on taking the bold off his name. So step back, calm down a little, and count to 5 before you jump to conclusions.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dallas_112678;2405046 said:
He hasnt had Brady since the very first game and he still has more catches than Owens when Romo has only been out the last 3 games. Just saying.

Yeah he's got a WHOPPING 3 more catches and really just started to come on for the season these last 3-4 weeks.

Moss has a FAR better QB throwing to him during that span than TO has. These numbers will greatly change over the final 7 games. Owens will have a legit shot to return to form for the rest of the season and it's going to be very tough to stop him, or Witten, with Roy Williams out there drawing attention now.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2405445 said:
Yeah he's got a WHOPPING 3 more catches and really just started to come on for the season these last 3-4 weeks.

Moss has a FAR better QB throwing to him during that span than TO has. These numbers will greatly change over the final 7 games. Owens will have a legit shot to return to form for the rest of the season and it's going to be very tough to stop him, or Witten, with Roy Williams out there drawing attention now.
Randy Moss> T.O.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
DTK;2404840 said:
Sounds to me like you work for the government. LOL

If the owner is shelling out big bucks, it should equate to winning. One would hope that the owner wouldn't pay top dollar for a bad player.

In theory yes. But it didn't work for Washington all those years. It's not currently working for us (though I have faith)...

DTK

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;2405477 said:
In theory yes. But it didn't work for Washington all those years. It's not currently working for us (though I have faith)...
That's why I said "should" equate to winning. In the real world you can't run a business by paying people to underperform. I know the NFL doesn't work that way, but for some organizations it does.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2404767 said:
That's because they signed contracts this year (and Tony is a QB). Next year, they won't be on that list.

Pretty much everyone on that list signed contracts this season, or they are a QB who signed recently. That's how this works.

xactly

Leonard Davis was the NFL's highest paid player last year

this year not in the top 20

mopardriver

Reaction score
Carpenter is number 17 highest paid for the cowboys. :laugh2: I wish Jerry was my uncle he seems to like to throw his money away.:lmao2:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Z mann R2;2405760 said:
terrence newman is WAAAAY overpaid, ***??? he's always hurt!!!

funny because before this season hes missed all of 3 games...yes always hurt... :bang2:

Section446

Reaction score
the kid 05;2406049 said:
funny because before this season hes missed all of 3 games...yes always hurt... :bang2:
He's hurt more than the average player but when he's healthy there isn't a better CB out there.

the kid 05

Reaction score
PaulH1083;2406053 said:
He's hurt more than the average player but when he's healthy there isn't a better CB out there.

bumps and bruises dont count as being hurt. Newman is a tough son of a gun

Section446

Reaction score
the kid 05;2406068 said:
bumps and bruises dont count as being hurt. Newman is a tough son of a gun
He may be "tough" but there's no doubting that he's missed too many games the past couple of years.

the kid 05

Reaction score
PaulH1083;2406080 said:
He may be "tough" but there's no doubting that he's missed too many games the past couple of years.

3 last season 5 this season...so thats 8 so far...oh damn thats all of them unless you count the bye weeks cuz then he would have 14...over 5 years...

care to explain how hes missed "to many games" now?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2404809 said:
That fact that Flozell is getting paid that much no matter when he signed his contract is down right disgusting.

not really...he was an elite LT when we paid him...those players dont grow on trees at the LT position

its amazing...had Jones let him walk as some of the clods on this board now say they wished would have happened, and the offense would have been crippled because the LT was a turnstile (ala Torrin Tucker) all we'd have heard is what a dope Jones was for not paying Adams