Top 2019 TE prospects

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I have little doubt at least one will be at 58 but it's going to come down what we have our own board.

Hardline

Reaction score
We will be looking at the second tier talent by time our pick comes up .
I knew the second Hockenson declared he was the top TE on the board .

cnuball21

Reaction score
The guys that can run are typically the first ones taken. I imagine Fant and Smith will be 2 of the first off the board.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dallas Clark
Bennie Joppru
LJ Smith
Teyo Johnson

All taken before Witten in 2003. All likely rated higher

Mr_437

Reaction score
Looks like 10 draftable TEs for DAL maybe less. 3rd-4th round the latest or leave TE out the draft class, looks like.

DanA

Reaction score
Looks like 10 draftable TEs for DAL maybe less. 3rd-4th round the latest or leave TE out the draft class, looks like.

I think there are more than 10 but agree that around 3-4th round is the sweet spot

Mr_437

Reaction score
My big question is, if we aren’t getting an upgrade over Schultz who arguably had a midnround grade, what’s the point ?
Agreed. There's no point, making a FA vet more attractive at TE or adding another explosive WR during the draft and running more 3 WR formations.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
What happened to Fant this year? I remember a bunch of hype over him last offseason about what an athletic freak he was and how the league couldn't wait for him to turn pro. Made it sound like he was a top 15 lock sort of player.

Sydla

Reaction score
Guys I am looking at as mid to late round guys................... Oliver (San Jose State) and Mack (Notre Dame).

This team needs an athletic, seam stretching TE. Oliver and Mack both have flaws but also both have athleticism this team could use at that position.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Guys I am looking at as mid to late round guys................... Oliver (San Jose State) and Mack (Notre Dame).

This team needs an athletic, seam stretching TE. Oliver and Mack both have flaws but also both have athleticism this team could use at that position.
Like Oliver as a mid-to-late round guy... not so much with Mack.

Although, Mack seems like what the Cowboys look for in TE's.

Sydla

Reaction score
Like Oliver as a mid-to-late round guy... not so much with Mack.

Although, Mack seems like what the Cowboys look for in TE's.

Mack is your quintessential enigma.

Athletic but a scatter brain. He'll do something amazing and you'll think that was the highly regarded kid coming out of high school. Then he'll drop a wide open crossing pattern that hits him in the hands. Focus is an issue.

If he were sitting there in the 5th round and we haven't taken a TE? I'd take a flier on him. Not before that though.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Everyone talks about how it is a deep class, but once you get three or four deep, these guys start looking more and more like Dalton Schultz.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Everyone talks about how it is a deep class, but once you get three or four deep, these guys start looking more and more like Dalton Schultz.

That’s my concern, after the top 4 or so guys not sure it’d even be an upgrade.

cnuball21

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Caleb Wilson?

He looks like arguably the most naturally gifted pass catcher of the group but the weight is a big concern.

We’re not smart enough to utilize a player with his skill set right?

John813

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Caleb Wilson?

He looks like arguably the most naturally gifted pass catcher of the group but the weight is a big concern.

We’re not smart enough to utilize a player with his skill set right?

Can he inline block?

Yes/No

If no, sits on bench.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Disagree.

Schultz is a bit of a plodder with a limited ceiling as a receiving threat. I think he’s comparable to Drew Sample from Univ. of Washington coming out this year.

I think there’s a lot of guys coming out that offer some dynamic skills as receivers that could be had in the mid-rounds.

Dax Raymond, Irv Smith Jr. (I don’t think he goes as high as I’ve seen him projected), Oliver (sleeper), Steinberger (more of a reciever), Dawson Knox (untapped potential).

Guys I’m not really fans are Caleb Wilson, Kaden Smith and I’m honestly not as enamored with Fant as everyone else.

Sydla

Reaction score
Disagree.

Schultz is a bit of a plodder with a limited ceiling as a receiving threat. I think he’s comparable to Drew Sample from Univ. of Washington coming out this year.

I think there’s a lot of guys coming out that offer some dynamic skills as receivers that could be had in the mid-rounds.

Dax Raymond, Irv Smith Jr. (I don’t think he goes as high as I’ve seen him projected), Oliver (sleeper), Steinberger (more of a reciever), Dawson Knox (untapped potential).

Guys I’m not really fans are Caleb Wilson, Kaden Smith and I’m honestly not as enamored with Fant as everyone else.

Plus there are guys like Oliver that are projected in the later rounds that are way more athletic than Schultz.