Top 5 horror films

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One other reason for loving "The Shining". I'm big fan of the old Stapleton Airport and given the scenes in the movie from the now abandon Stapleton... Draws me in even more.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In no particular order:

Fright Night
Amityville Horror
Carrie
Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th

Honorable mention: Creature from the Black Lagoon

Can switch many more with the above five like Exorcist, Shining, Poltergeist, Cujo, Magic, etc, etc. My five were in my early years so they made a mark on me.

kimrose

Reaction score
In no particular order:

Fright Night
Amityville Horror
Carrie
Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th

Honorable mention: Creature from the Black Lagoon

Can switch many more with the above five like Exorcist, Shining, Poltergeist, Cujo, Magic, etc, etc. My five were in my early years so they made a mark on me.

I saw Creature From The Black Lagoon on tv when I was about 10 or 11, and it totally freaked me out, even though it was in black and white. I had nightmares about it for a long time. lol

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Sixth Sense
The Good Son (sociopathic 10 year old with one of the creepiest insights into a serial killer. In the clip below, being able to fly, is the omnipotent feeling of freedom in what he is capable of after committing murder :eek: Kid had me shook)

The Shining
Babadook (now that I get the ending:D)
Friday the 13th (the first one wo him was a great twist)

Last edited:

punchnjudy

Reaction score
If Jaws is considered a horror movie, then that would be my first choice. For me, it was more of an adventure/drama film. Even as a semi-frequent beachgoer who swam deep in the ocean along with my siblings, it really didn't change our behavior just because the shark didn't seem realistic. Plus, we all believed the big people who said there really weren't dangerous sharks in our waters. Better chance of getting hit by lightning, blah, blah, blah.

Now, years later, after the internet and shark week combined to uncover real videos and stories, we're all way more scared of the ocean lol.

edited to add - Seeing it on a small TV as opposed to the theater may have also weakened the tension. Was probably around 10 when I saw it.

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Jaws is considered a horror movie, then that would be my first choice. For me, it was more of an adventure/drama film. Even as a semi-frequent beachgoer who swam deep in the ocean along with my siblings, it really didn't change our behavior just because the shark didn't seem realistic. Plus, we all believed the big people who said there really weren't dangerous sharks in our waters. Better chance of getting hit by lightning, blah, blah, blah.

Now, years later, after the internet and shark week combined to uncover real videos and stories, we're all way more scared of the ocean lol.

You have a better chance of playing for the Cowboys than being bitten by a shark :thumbup:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

edited to add - Seeing it on a small TV as opposed to the theater may have also weakened the tension. Was probably around 10 when I saw it.

Love "Jaws".

One of my all-time greats.

I just do not consider it a horror film for whatever reason.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
"Halloween" is awesome, manages to be "scary" even in scenes shot in broad daylight like the hedge scene and clothesline scene.....Also as someone that has spent a lot of time in rural Texas and has heard tales of some weird folks in those parts, the original TCM is quite scary lol....

yimyammer

Reaction score

Jaws made me nervous to even swim in a pool at night, speaking of which...a fun thing to do is roll a TV outside near the pool at night and watch Jaws while floating in intertubes

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Rob Zombie's Halloween
2. Rob Zombie's Halloween 2
3. House of 1,000 Corpses
4. The Devil's Rejects
5. 31

Yes, Im a Rob Zombie fan lol....Music & Movies both

oh and I didnt consider them because to me theyre more comedy than horror, but I always loved the Leprechaun movies growin up in the 90's....
Zombies Halloween movies are a joke. The Devils Rejects on the other hand was great.

blindzebra

Reaction score
1. Bride of Frankenstein
2. Halloween (JC)
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (TH)
4. Evil Dead (SR)
5. Psycho

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
1. Rob Zombie's Halloween
2. Rob Zombie's Halloween 2
3. House of 1,000 Corpses
4. The Devil's Rejects
5. 31

Yes, Im a Rob Zombie fan lol....Music & Movies both

oh and I didnt consider them because to me theyre more comedy than horror, but I always loved the Leprechaun movies growin up in the 90's....

I'm tempted to put you on ignore for such a terrible list.

:)