Top 5 Most Underrated Cowboys of Last 5 Seasons

kskboys

Reaction score
Anyone who said he was the worst is crazy

He was average and was steady and dependable. You can do a lot worse at safety than steady and dependable. The position is named “safety” as a name for a reason

As Sturm, our local Packer expert, said, Ha Ha takes the “safety” out of “Safety”.

Give me a Steady Eddie over “Ha Ha, where’s the ball, I just bit on a fake, Dix” any day
He wasn't dependable. Not his fault, it was due to physical limitations, but Heath was far from dependable. Way too many open field missed tackles to label him dependable.

kskboys

Reaction score
Define "heart" in either a statistical or even subjective way. I'm really curious.
Heath was a gamer who tried extremely hard and consistently gave max effort. Problem is, he should've never been starting. Heath = Keith Davis. Great STer and nickel guy, but doesn't possess the physical ability to start.

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak Prescott....forget the last 5 years. He’s the most underrated of all time. Not only with the Cowboys but in the entire history of the nfl. How is he not in the ROH and HOF already? They should adjust the wait period and put him in both. FREE DAK!!!!! Greatest player in NFL history. Don’t take my word for it. Look at his amazing numbers!

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Brandon Carr(Overpaid, but also overmatched due to terrible player evaluation. Good #2 CB forced to guard #1's.)

Anthony Hitchens(Very good player)

Tyrone Crawford(Overpaid, yes, but a dang good player)

Joe Thomas: Very able fillin at all 3 LB spots

Jourdan Lewis(I still think this cat can play and that he was put in a bad situation last season w/ a crapp coaching staff.)

You seem to understand what underrated means better than most here.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Collins is grossly underrated by most.

People are screaming that Gallup cannot be a #1.

Many don't think too highly of Jarwin.(On the fence myself)

Brown catches a ton of flak also.

Honestly, it appears you're not sure of the definition of underrated.

You know, I think the same of diehardblues...Anthony Brown is absolutely underrated for example.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Physical limitations? He as faster and bigger than many NFL starting Safeties.

He has a 6.88 3-cone which is better than many CBs.

4.48 forty and 1.59 10-yard split are good for a Safety.
Yeah, Heath's limitations have nothing to do with physical ability.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Sure, he was better than his backups.

Proper respect, but that doesnt mean he was any good.

He played on all those coverage teams that stunk too.

He got better as he went along, but he continued the getting faked out of his shoes routine along with some seriously curious angles to the ball.

He wont be missed.

Dix is at least as good as Heath was, he's had 16 ints in 96 games, Heath had 8 in 106 games.

Of course if Heath was so terrible, we better hope Dix is twice as good, otherwise we're not improved much at the safety position.

But it's often hard to judge a player who's only been on one team, coaching and his teammates play a part. For example, Jay Novacek in his two starting years with the Cardinals never had more than 38 receptions, in Dallas he never had less than 44, and made the Pro Bowl twice.

Let's see what Heath does with the Raiders, admittedly not as good a team overall as Dallas, but if he's really that bad he'll be just as bad in Las Vegas...

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, Heath's limitations have nothing to do with physical ability.
Not true at all. Heath has absolutely awful lateral agility. Which means he physically cannot turn to stay w/ receivers/make plays. It has everything to do w/ his physical ability.