Top 5 QB salary rankings

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hes been offered 33mil AAV Dallas wanted a 6 yr deal Daks agent a 4

198mil over 6 yrs
imo Daks camp should have signed that, if Dak for some reason played out of his mind after year 3 of the deal they could ask jerry for a restructure with some new money added..

they are being unreasonable and thats more then fair for a 2nd tier qb..the value they have placed on themselves seems ridiculous unproportionate to his play....

If im the DC FO I keep sending the same deal back over and over and if Dak chooses to not sign this , FT him..i then bring in a Journeymen QB and draft a qb possible Jhurts in the 4th round to prepare for a possible holdout,..

next season let him walk or trade him

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So you don't think the Jones are overvaluing Dak?

Let me try to explain this to you again...

Dak is trying to sell Jerry his Emmitt Smith rookie card for $400. Jerry has first chance. Jerry tells him I will give you $350 and Dak says no. Jerry says, "I tell you what, I give away my first rights - take it to the market and see what you get and I will match that"

This is what will happen in the market:
1) You get some fool that says - I love Emmitt and their are no better options out there- this card is top quality - I am not waiting for another card to come available - he offers Dak his asking price of $400 - Jerry matches - Dak gets a few more million
2) The going rate for a card of that quality is $300 and that is the offer he gets - nobody wants to come off $400 for that card - there are just better risk/rewards out there and it does not kill their budget for the other cards they want to buy.
3) He gets offered about what the Jones offered and it's a wash

Now the last question I am going to ask you is how many owners out there have 65 million to pony up for the signing bonus like Russell Wilson got in his 35 mill per year contract? There is no way you can justify the idea that some other team in the NFL is going to give Dak the richest QB contract ever - which is pretty much what he is asking for!

And I am the moron for assuming that - OK!

I swear, it must be tunnel vision the keeps you from seeing that what you or I think about Prescott's worth makes ZERO difference because at NO TIME when teams have used the transitional tag has a player EVER signed a new contract with either the same team or a new team for LESS than the last offer made by the team prior to applying the transitional tag. Your MORONIC idea that using the transitional tag would drive down the salary is just that. The other 31 teams would know the last offer that was turned down and therefore know that ANY offer that a team decides to make would have to be MORE not LESS. If you can't understand this then don't bother to reply because I've spend more than enough time trying to teach you simple math and will not respond anymore.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Offer him goff money before it goes up. If he won’t sign it then tag him. I don’t think he will pull a Elliot. Do a short term 4 year deal. That’s what he wants. They are going to sign him. Almost had him last year. Remind him if he wants more and goes elsewhere then his endorsement deals will be cut way back.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I swear, it must be tunnel vision the keeps you from seeing that what you or I think about Prescott's worth makes ZERO difference because at NO TIME when teams have used the transitional tag has a player EVER signed a new contract with either the same team or a new team for LESS than the last offer made by the team prior to applying the transitional tag. Your MORONIC idea that using the transitional tag would drive down the salary is just that. The other 31 teams would know the last offer that was turned down and therefore know that ANY offer that a team decides to make would have to be MORE not LESS. If you can't understand this then don't bother to reply because I've spend more than enough time trying to teach you simple math and will not respond anymore.

+1 .......Pretty sure NO TEAM has ever used the transitional tag on their starting QB. That should've ended this debate 99 posts back (lol). In other words, there no possible way the FO will apply it to Dak......to discuss and/or debate anything related is a waste of time IMO (lol).

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
+1 .......Pretty sure NO TEAM has ever used the transitional tag on their starting QB. That should've ended this debate 99 posts back (lol). In other words, there no possible way the FO will apply it to Dak......to discuss and/or debate anything related is a waste of time IMO (lol).

He's convinced that by using the transitional tag where other teams can negotiate with Prescott that teams will offer less than the last offer the Cowboys made prior to applying the tag. I tried way to many times that it just wouldn't happen but his only response has been what he thinks Prescott is worth and so that is what he thinks the other teams would offer.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes because dak coaches, plays defense, and plays special teams. he also kicks fgs and punts.

As the saying goes, a QB gets too much blame and too much credit when things go well or poorly. The truth is, all of the guys on that list have been to or been a part of 1 or more Super Bowls. Team success helps a QB out a lot come contract time. But hey, Romo and Stafford got paid, so there are acceptions.