Top 5 Receivers in the NFL

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Are you saying Mooch isn't that good of a coach?? And Owens didn't like garcia because he felt he was open but the he couldn't make the throws, rather he ran with it. Mcnabb has a weaker arm and is much more prone to running, how is this going to make the situation better???
McNabb has one of the strongest arms in the NFL, don't sound dumb.

No, he didn't like Garcia because he looked confused in the pocket, always looking to run before pass. McNabb always looks to pass before run, even when he has a lane.

Garcia couln't reach Owens, McNabb can reach him, he just might not be as accurate on the short throws.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
McNabb has one of the strongest arms in the NFL, don't sound dumb.

No, he didn't like Garcia because he looked confused in the pocket, always looking to run before pass. McNabb always looks to pass before run, even when he has a lane.

Garcia couln't reach Owens, McNabb can reach him, he just might not be as accurate on the short throws.
Why does everyone assume if you arent accurate midrange you must have a very strong arm???Is that why he must throw high arking rainbows of passes over 20 yards. Is that why you run a west coast offense which is designed to hide a qbs weak arm. Garcia did not look to run before pass, he runs much less than mcnabb.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RW31 said:
Are you saying Mooch isn't that good of a coach?? And Owens didn't like garcia because he felt he was open but the he couldn't make the throws, rather he ran with it. Mcnabb has a weaker arm and is much more prone to running, how is this going to make the situation better???

I am not going to argue with you about some of your post....however McNabb does have a very strong arm and Garcia is nowhere in his class as far as arm strength....that is a pretty common opinion.

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Why does everyone assume if you arent accurate midrange you must have a very strong arm???Is that why he must throw high arking rainbows of passes over 20 yards. Is that why you run a west coast offense which is designed to hide a qbs weak arm. Garcia did not look to run before pass, he runs much less than mcnabb.
Recievers say he has a very strong arm, so did Owens. That is the reason why Owens went through all this trouble.

Garcia has 5 less rushes over the past 2 years than McNabb, but Garcia also scrambles a lot when the pocket is not breaking down and when he does he doesn't look to throw.

Garcia has a 4.940 ypa and McNabb has a 6.415 ypa.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Recievers say he has a very strong arm, so did Owens. That is the reason why Owens went through all this trouble.

Garcia has 5 less rushes over the past 2 years than McNabb, but Garcia also scrambles a lot when the pocket is not breaking down and when he does he doesn't look to throw.

Garcia has a 4.940 ypa and McNabb has a 6.415 ypa.
Ok, lets say Mcnabb does have a strong arm.

Mcnabb is one of the most sacked qaurterbacks in the league. Many times he runs himself into trouble. What do you think Owens will ditaste more, Garcia running rather than throwing to him on a play(which your stats show mcnabb will also do.)or Mcnabb getting sacked, and losing yardage.

Your last stat does nothing to either argument...

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Ok, lets say Mcnabb does have a strong arm.

Mcnabb is one of the most sacked qaurterbacks in the league. Many times he runs himself into trouble. What do you think Owens will ditaste more, Garcia running rather than throwing to him on a play(which your stats show mcnabb will also do.)or Mcnabb getting sacked, and losing yardage.

Your last stat does nothing to either argument...
McNabb doesn't run himself into trouble, his offensive line gets him in trouble. Tra Thomas has a lot of trouble with speed ends and Runyan can't control Strahan.

Welbourn, Fraley, Mayberry and Williams didn't play well last season either, and let up a lot of DT sacks. Williams was a liability for some time.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
McNabb doesn't run himself into trouble, his offensive line gets him in trouble. Tra Thomas has a lot of trouble with speed ends and Runyan can't control Strahan.

Welbourn, Fraley, Mayberry and Williams didn't play well last season either, and let up a lot of DT sacks. Williams was a liability for some time.
Cowboy had a much worse offensive line imo yet carter ended up with less sacks.

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Cowboy had a much worse offensive line imo yet carter ended up with less sacks.
It wasn't like our offensive line is bad, it just played awful last season. 3 former Pro Bowlers, and two decent players, they shouldn't have played as bad as they did. Westbrook also ran for 5.2 ypc so they had to do something right.

You also ran the ball a lot more.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
I think Owens was jealous of those long bombs that Culpepper would fire out there to Moss down the sidelines. Jeff Garcia can't do that, and that's probably one reason he trashed him so much. I don't recall McNabb ever throwing many deep passes like that.

I could be wrong though.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
BillsFan said:
I think Owens was jealous of those long bombs that Culpepper would fire out there to Moss down the sidelines. Jeff Garcia can't do that, and that's probably one reason he trashed him so much. I don't recall McNabb ever throwing many deep passes like that.

I could be wrong though.
I haven't seen many, or any either...

Reaction score
BillsFan said:

I could be wrong though.

The reason you didn't see long passes from McNabb was two-fold ...

He didn't have a reLiable receiver that he had that type of confidence in making the attempted pass.

Can't fault you for not knowing (you're not an Eagles Fan), that our running back by committee (Duce, Westbrook, and Buchannon) was effective against most defenses.

We don't have to worry about depending on the run this season; even though we still have the running game going for us. :cool:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
The reason you didn't see long passes from McNabb was two-fold ...

He didn't have a reLiable receiver that he had that type of confidence in making the attempted pass.

Can't fault you for not knowing (you're not an Eagles Fan), that our running back by committee (Duce, Westbrook, and Buchannon) was effective against most defenses.

We don't have to worry about depending on the run this season; even though we still have the running game going for us. :cool:
We will see...no more excuses this year..

Reaction score

That's funny, I thought it was Correll Buckhalter, not Buchannon? I guess I can't fault you, because you ARE an Eagles fan. :p

Reaction score
Joshmvii said:
That's funny, I thought it was Correll Buckhalter, not Buchannon? I guess I can't fault you, because you ARE an Eagles fan.

Sure you can fault me for getting the name incorrect.

I would normally explain a few things to you; but you're right about Correll Buchalter. So thank you for correcting me. I was thinking about Phillip Buchanon (do you know who he is?). Unlike some team fans, this Eagle fan is also an NFL fan -- interested in other team player; sometimes even DCBs :eek:

Anyway, I'm sure you caught the essence of the RB by committee strategy. I'll get the names straight next time :eek:

Reaction score
Phillip Buchanon is the Raiders RCB. Anyway, I was just kidding around, so don't think I was really trying to be a jerk.

Reaction score
Joshmvii said:
Phillip Buchanon is the Raiders RCB. Anyway, I was just kidding around, so don't think I was really trying to be a jerk.

I've got thicker skin than that anyway; I have to -- I'm an Eagles fan! :D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
I've got thicker skin than that anyway; I have to -- I'm an Eagles fan! :D
Of course eagle fans need thick skin. Keeps they're head in proportion with their small brain... ;)

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
It wasn't like our offensive line is bad, it just played awful last season. 3 former Pro Bowlers, and two decent players, they shouldn't have played as bad as they did. Westbrook also ran for 5.2 ypc so they had to do something right.

You also ran the ball a lot more.

We PASSED it more as well. ;)

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
:confused:
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
BlindZ,

You're right, but when you say "we," do you mean the Eagles? :confused:
Why would he refer we to eagles