News: Top Free Agents Remaining

rambo2

Reaction score
Sadly, I don't think we will be very active, though we do have some money available.
As Exciter said above though, I think they want to carry money over for extensions for Diggs, CeeDee and Dak,
There are still ways to open up even more cap.
Pollard could be signed, lowering his 10 mil deal significantly.
Lewis could be released, saving close to 5.
A Gallimore release would fee up about 3.
An Armstrong extension could lower his number as well, as could Kearse and Hooker extensions.

The team seams content at OL, which concerns me. I still really wanted Torrence in the draft.
Wynn is intriging, I liked him in that draft (the year we got Conor Williams), and felt he could have become a power guard, but he no longer has that potential IMO. He is what he is at this point. Risner is a solid G, I just don't see us signing him.

I also am surprised we didn't get a big RB, as they were so plentiful in the draft. Thought we'd get one of Charbonnet, Bigsby, Evans, Miller, Johnson etc.
Nothing against the Deuce, I'll be rooting for him, just felt we needed a complement to Pollard that was big and powerful.
Luepke is a big running back.

rambo2

Reaction score
Most glaring needs remaining

1. Kicker. A run heavy team needs points and field position
2. Back up RB. A run heavy team can’t have nothing behind a starter who won’t last 10 games at the lead back
3. LG. One OL like Tyron goes fine and we will be struggling
They have 6 running backs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

visionary

Reaction score
They have 6 running backs.
LOL, same thing they used to about about DT “there are no empty chairs in the room”
They have 1 RB and 1 scat back
The rest wouldn’t make to turn roster of a good team
We need a real #2 RB

I know you’re a homer but it doesn’t hurt to think for yourself once in a while

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I would definitely like to see them take a chance on Wynn. It’s always been a health thing with him, but I think he’d be a great insurance policy at LT/LG.
Always thought the Patriots did him a dis- service sticking him @ left tackle.

rambo2

Reaction score
LOL, same thing they used to about about DT “there are no empty chairs in the room”
They have 1 RB and 1 scat back
The rest wouldn’t make to turn roster of a good team
We need a real #2 RB

I know you’re a homer but it doesn’t hurt to think for yourself once in a while
You have no idea what you are talking about. That scat back that you are talking about had the most yardage over the last 3 years. They only need 4 backs and they have 6. The only way that they need another back is if 2 of them get hurt.

visionary

Reaction score
You have no idea what you are talking about. That scat back that you are talking about had the most yardage over the last 3 years. They only need 4 backs and they have 6. The only way that they need another back is if 2 of them get hurt.
LOL, Show me where you had Deuce Vaughn ranked as a starter quality RB before Cowboys drafted him

Your homerism is funny, idiotic but funny

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Sadly, I don't think we will be very active, though we do have some money available.
As Exciter said above though, I think they want to carry money over for extensions for Diggs, CeeDee and Dak,
There are still ways to open up even more cap.
Pollard could be signed, lowering his 10 mil deal significantly.
Lewis could be released, saving close to 5.
A Gallimore release would fee up about 3.
An Armstrong extension could lower his number as well, as could Kearse and Hooker extensions.

The team seams content at OL, which concerns me. I still really wanted Torrence in the draft.
Wynn is intriging, I liked him in that draft (the year we got Conor Williams), and felt he could have become a power guard, but he no longer has that potential IMO. He is what he is at this point. Risner is a solid G, I just don't see us signing him.

I also am surprised we didn't get a big RB, as they were so plentiful in the draft. Thought we'd get one of Charbonnet, Bigsby, Evans, Miller, Johnson etc.
Nothing against the Deuce, I'll be rooting for him, just felt we needed a complement to Pollard that was big and powerful.
I get the big and powerful RB want but if you look at what worked last year and are honest with yourself tell me what you wanted last year..

your choices:
A) TP running for 15 to 20 times with Zeke (big and powerful) comming in and doing 10 to 15
B) TP running for 15 to 20 times with another TP comming in and running the ball for the other 10 to 15

I do not remeber thinking "Damn TP has problems on short yardage" I do remeber thinking "Damn TP would taken that to the house" when Zeke would get 3 yards.

rambo2

Reaction score
LOL, Show me where you had Deuce Vaughn ranked as a starter quality RB before Cowboys drafted him

Your homerism is funny, idiotic but funny
Most people had him in the 4th or 5th round.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I predict that once Teddy. Bridgewater is signed the FO will announce that there aren’t any good options to sign a backup quarterback so they can justify their next dumpster diver qb signing…..if they sign one at all
We already got a backup goofy. We all know you want a new starter, but what did Rush do to you?

Motorola

Reaction score
Jordan Ta' Amu
We need some CZers living in or around San Antonio to check out the league MVP in the XFL championship game.
Saturday May 13th, 7pm CDT @ The Alamodome

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
Did you have him as a top STARTING QUALITY RB before Cowboys drafted him and your blind homerism took over?

Yes or No?
I didn't say he was a starter. Are you saying that he isn't a good running back? Yes or no?

Hadenough

Reaction score
If it were up to people here, we would’ve cut Dak and ate about -80 million in cap, drafted Levis round 1 and Hooker round 2, sign Teddy and traded next years first for Trey Lance
And what's wrong with that!

visionary

Reaction score
I didn't say he was a starter. Are you saying that he isn't a good running back? Yes or no?
He cannot start for a run heavy team for 2-3-4 games if Pollard is out and you know very well he will go down if we run him into the ground as the starter

Much better to have Pollard as the starter sharing time with another good RB (not Davis or Jones) and Vaughn

This is how it started: “we need a better #2 RB behind Pollard”

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
A good GM?
What's that look like?
In all fairness, Jerry has done a decent job so far this year.
The trades were good. The FA pickups as usual were suspect. There were better No. 2 backs available for a decent price than Jones, better guard options than Edoga and we did nothing in FA to replace Schulz, meaning we kind of showed our hand in the draft that we were going to take a tight end early.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
i wanted isaiah wynn in that draft.
good player.
i'd love to see him here.
To play where?

I don't understand why people think he can be a guard, he never has been in the NFL, and has been pretty bad overall for the last two years. He could maybe compete for a swing T role, but the Cowboys have 3 tackles and really like Waletzko, so what's the point?

cowboyec

Reaction score
To play where?

I don't understand why people think he can be a guard, he never has been in the NFL, and has been pretty bad overall for the last two years. He could maybe compete for a swing T role, but the Cowboys have 3 tackles and really like Waletzko, so what's the point?
he played both at georgia.
and if i remember from that draft...many thought he'd play inside.
i'd absolutely bring him in.
he's still young.
he was a 1st round pick so he's obviously got talent.
and with his experience at georgia playing both ot and og...i'd sign him and let him compete...ideally at og.
can never have enough depth.