Top Ten Cowboys Games of All time

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bud please read my message. I wasn't born/old enough to watch those games. I only put games that I saw live on TV or in person. It's not fair for me to put a game I never saw.
I understand. Wasn’t trying to rip you, just hoping you get the chance to check out some Cowboys history before your time. It explains a lot about who we are as a franchise.

Some of the greatest football played in NFL history involved the Cowboys in the 1960s through the 90s. Check out some of those games on YouTube. Like the 1967 Ice Bowl. Or SBs V, VI, X, XII, XIII, XXVII, XXVIII, just to name a few. Since you're a big Cowboys fan, it’s probably worth taking some time to check out what this team’s best history is made of.

Just a suggestion.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I understand. Wasn’t trying to rip you, just hoping you get the chance to check out some Cowboys history before your time. It explains a lot about who we are as a franchise.

Some of the greatest football played in NFL history involved the Cowboys in the 1960s through the 90s. Check out some of those games on YouTube. Like the 1967 Ice Bowl. Or SBs V, VI, X, XII, XIII, XXVII, XXVIII, just to name a few. Since you're a big Cowboys fan, it’s probably worth taking some time to check out what this team’s best history is made of.

Just a suggestion.
That's the best part about YouTube. They have almost every big game you can think off. I think the best I've seen was the 92 NFC Championship game. My understanding is that most felt Dallas was a still a year away. They went in and won that game and destroyed Buffalo. It sucks, I was born in the wrong era...that's why I laugh when people claim I'm a bandwagon fan. 3 total playoff wins and lots of disappointment.

visionary

Reaction score
What are your top 10 Dallas Cowboys games of all time? Criteria: They had to have won the game and it had to have been a game you watched (example anything before 2001 doesn't count for me). In honor of the NFL 100th anniversary and the 60th Cowboys season I might add up what everyone says to do a top ten. Here is mine...
Top 10
1. 2016 Cowboys over Steelers
- Lost my voice watching this game. It was epic! Zeke was a monster.
2. 2014 WC Playoff Cowboys over Lions- Dallas played awful and had an incredible comeback.
3. 2009 Cowboys over Saints- Dallas beat the undefeated Saints. Kept their playoff hopes alive, it was a must win!
4. 2009 WC Playoff Cowboys over Eagles- Dallas won their first playoff game in like 13 years. Beat the tar out of the Eagles and for the third time that year.
5. 2018 Cowboys over Eagles- essentially clinched the division. Wild game!
6. 2014- Cowboys over Seahawks- Went on the road to beat Seattle, the defending Super Bowl Champions. Proved they were for real.
7. 2018 WC Cowboys over Seahawks- The the third playoff win I've seen in 18 mediocre years.
8. 2018 Cowboys over Saints-Shut down Brees and the Saints. Proved Dallas was for real.
9. 2003 Cowboys over Eagles- First biggest win I remember. Parcells' first year. Randall Williams returns an onside kick for a TD.
10. 2007 Cowboys over Bills- Crazy Monday Night Game. Dallas had no business winning that game. Won on a long Nick Folk FG.

Since it's a milestone year for the NFL and what not, I'd figure maybe we can do Top Ten Cowboy players and teams as well.

Are you 15?
:lmao:

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score

Just a suggestion.

BH ... I have to agree with you on the Miami SB. After years of frustration starting with the back to back GB loses and then losing to Cleveland and then the Baltimore SB getting within sight of SB victories and then to finally totally demolish Miami ... and I mean DEMOLISH them it was like a huge weight lifted off the team and I think set the stage for the hugely successful 1970's decade.

I know these young whippersnappers can't grasp the gravity of the Miami SB but it was arguably the most important game in Cowboy history (along with the first SB against Buffalo).

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rough order, but if you ask me tomorrow I might shuffle a few.

1. First Cowboy Super Bowl win against Miami - 1971 season
2. 1st Super Bowl win in the 1990’s - long awaited - 1992 season
3. 1974 Thanksgiving Game. The hated Commanders had vowed to injure Staubach and knock him out of the game. And they did. And an unheralded Clint Longley led them to a come from behind victory.
4. Super Bowl win after 1993 season. Confirmed 1992 wasn’t a fluke and the Boys were truly back.
5. The “Hail Mary” game in the 1975 playoffs.
6 & 7. Super Bowl wins against Denver and Pittsburg. Because it’s all about championships, right. But I fully expected to win both - no doubts going into the games, so these were less exciting than the others.
8. 1992 playoff win against SF. SF seemed to be the team destined to win that year, so the Cowboy win allowed us to believe the team was for real.
9. 1991 regulator season win vs. Eagles. Eagles had completely dominated and embarrassed Dallas earlier in the year, sacking Aikman 11 times. Our O-Line had been powerless against Reggie White, Clyde Simmons and Jerome Brown, and it seemed we had no hope going into the second game. The win in the next meeting was a huge confidence boost.
10. 1975 NFC Championship against Rams. Rams had a great team, and we crushed them, giving us hope that we could beat a Steeler team in the Super Bowl that was dominant in all phases of the game. Of course we fell short in the SB.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
As a fan since the 70s it’s tough to target 10 games outside the 10 that won championships either conference or SB

Just as it hard to target bigger losses than the same criteria

There have been so many great wins and disappointing setbacks

Red Dragon

Reaction score
As someone who missed out on the 1990s dynasty, what makes those games un-meaningful for me to watch is that there is no sense of tension - I already know the outcome in advance. I don't get to immerse myself in any nostalgia-excitement.

The 1992 NFC title game against San Francisco must have been one of the most nerve-wracking and thrilling games in Cowboys history, for instance, yet since by the time I watched it on YouTube its outcome was already long since known to me, it's completely flat and listless to me. No tension at all. That's what this Millennial and post-Millennial generation of Cowboys fans has missed out on.

Just saying, "Go watch it on YouTube!" doesn't do it. It's completely different than if I had lived through it myself and remembered how I bit my nails.

Jipper

Reaction score
I just went back and watched that 2016 game against Pitt....that maybe the best regular season game in cowboys history

JayFord

Reaction score
OMG that 2007 game vs the bills I spent 3 and a half quarters using language that I can’t post here

We score a TD then when we got the onside kick I hid behind the couch and peaked up and when nick folk made that field goal i tossed the couch to the other side of the living room and started doing the cabbage patch dance

Jipper

Reaction score
OMG that 2007 game vs the bills I spent 3 and a half quarters using language that I can’t post here

We score a TD then when we got the onside kick I hid behind the couch and peaked up and when nick folk made that field goal i tossed the couch to the other side of the living room and started doing the cabbage patch dance

After the 5th int I went to bed....still can't believe they won

pancakeman

Reaction score
Both those regular season prove-it games against the Saints mentioned in the OP are up there for me.
Emmitt's dislocated shoulder vs. the Giants was great. So was Miles Austin exploding vs. Kansas City in the overtime win in 2010.
Cowboys' first win at Lambeau in 2008 was memorable.

JayFord

Reaction score
After the 5th int I went to bed....still can't believe they won

After the 5th one I started speaking like a complete madman I was like

“ROMO KEEPS FLIB JABBIN THE SCOOTA AWWW MAN IMMA CHICKEN WITH BATH AND BROTHERS.....PRINCESS TOADSTOOL!!!!!!”

quickccc

Reaction score
my top all time Cowboys games ?

1) Cowboys Buffalo 52 10 super bowl win

2) Cowboys buffafo 30-13 win in Super bowl

3) Cowboys upset Niners in 1992 NFC title game - advance to SB vs Buffalo

4) Cowboys 42 Packers 31 come back win on Thanksgiving- feat.backup QB Jason Garrett

5) Cowboys 31 -30 comeback win ...vs Skins Monday night - featured 77 dorsett run (caught by darrell green)

6) Cowboys despite losing record upset undefeated Saints on Xmas eve.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
What are your top 10 Dallas Cowboys games of all time? Criteria: They had to have won the game and it had to have been a game you watched (example anything before 2001 doesn't count for me). In honor of the NFL 100th anniversary and the 60th Cowboys season I might add up what everyone says to do a top ten. Here is mine...
Since it's a milestone year for the NFL and what not, I'd figure maybe we can do Top Ten Cowboy players and teams as well.

Super Bowl 12
Super Bowl 27
Super Bowl 6
Super Bowl 28
Super Bowl 30
1975 season NFC Championship game vs Rams
1978 season NFC championship game vs Rams
1972 divisional game vs San Francisco
1979 final game vs Commanders
1992 season NFC championship