Top Ten Cowboys Games of All time

RS12

Reaction score
SB VI the destruction of the Dolphins and the end of the title of "next years Champions". After that any of the other four Lombardi's.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Emmitt Separated Shoulder Giants Game 93

Last game of the season, for the division championship and a first round bye on the way to a SB.
32 carries 168 yards
10 receptions 61 yards
Our only TD of the game
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199401020nyg.htm

Lots of people saying SB wins. SB wins make for a great season, not necessarily a great game.

None of the 90s SBs are that big a thrill. Beating the Niners and the Packers in the conference championships were the bigger games. The SB was largely a formality.

Even if we had lost one of those, anyone really think that would have made the Bills or Steelers the better team? Better on that day. But not the better team for the season.

I'll watch the Separated Shoulder Game over any of the 90s SB wins. Not even close.

I probably watch the *loss* to the Niners in the 94 championship game over the SB wins. That's another game that really meant something, and was a great game too. Down 21-0, they didn't fold, and just kept coming back.

Jipper

Reaction score
i think this would be a fun exercise to do exluding playoff games...i think we can all agree that the best wins came in the playoffs but some of the most incredible games were doing the regular season....i just rewatched the game against philly last year where we won in overtime and that was in instant classic as well...

cowboyec

Reaction score
i think this would be a fun exercise to do exluding playoff games...i think we can all agree that the best wins came in the playoffs but some of the most incredible games were doing the regular season....i just rewatched the game against philly last year where we won in overtime and that was in instant classic as well...
so many GREAT games....that makes it hard to isolate 10....but to then restrict it to games you saw makes it even harder....lotta good'ns in the regular season.
That Philly Win last year certainly was.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Both those regular season prove-it games against the Saints mentioned in the OP are up there for me.
Emmitt's dislocated shoulder vs. the Giants was great. So was Miles Austin exploding vs. Kansas City in the overtime win in 2010.
Cowboys' first win at Lambeau in 2008 was memorable.
I remember the Miles Austin game. One of the rare few Cowboys games I missed, wasn't on local TV. I remember going crazy when FOX showed the run during a game break.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah I totally agree. Just wasn't born or young enough. Didn't think it would be fair. I've watched those games on YouTube. I have to think the 92/93 NFC Title games are probably going to be 1 and 2. But yes from about 1992-1996 you knew the NFC was going to win the Super Bowl. For players it's a little different. I didn't have to be alive to know Roger was great. The best part about games is the memories and emotional part of being a fan!

For those of us old enough it was from '84 to '96 you knew the NFC was winning with the exception of 1990 because IMO the Giants were the 2nd best team in the NFC. That game was truly a toss up going in. But in every other year during that stretch the AFC just didn't put many quality teams up against the NFC.

Flamma

Reaction score
Obviously my top ten would include the four Super Bowl wins I was able to watch. The other 6 are hard to pick. It would be easier to list my top ten most disappointing games. I remember them better.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
What are your top 10 Dallas Cowboys games of all time? Criteria: They had to have won the game and it had to have been a game you watched (example anything before 2001 doesn't count for me). In honor of the NFL 100th anniversary and the 60th Cowboys season I might add up what everyone says to do a top ten. Here is mine...
Top 10
1. 2016 Cowboys over Steelers
- Lost my voice watching this game. It was epic! Zeke was a monster.
2. 2014 WC Playoff Cowboys over Lions- Dallas played awful and had an incredible comeback.
3. 2009 Cowboys over Saints- Dallas beat the undefeated Saints. Kept their playoff hopes alive, it was a must win!
4. 2009 WC Playoff Cowboys over Eagles- Dallas won their first playoff game in like 13 years. Beat the tar out of the Eagles and for the third time that year.
5. 2018 Cowboys over Eagles- essentially clinched the division. Wild game!
6. 2014- Cowboys over Seahawks- Went on the road to beat Seattle, the defending Super Bowl Champions. Proved they were for real.
7. 2018 WC Cowboys over Seahawks- The the third playoff win I've seen in 18 mediocre years.
8. 2018 Cowboys over Saints-Shut down Brees and the Saints. Proved Dallas was for real.
9. 2003 Cowboys over Eagles- First biggest win I remember. Parcells' first year. Randall Williams returns an onside kick for a TD.
10. 2007 Cowboys over Bills- Crazy Monday Night Game. Dallas had no business winning that game. Won on a long Nick Folk FG.

Since it's a milestone year for the NFL and what not, I'd figure maybe we can do Top Ten Cowboy players and teams as well.
I respect your list, sorry people are giving you a hard time. I look forward to you adding them up if you can. I wonder if you could weight the older ones a bit to be more fair to history, but whatever you come up with will be interesting, its nothing official. Hope you can post that in a different post so it stands out

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Super Bowl 12
Super Bowl 27
Super Bowl 6
Super Bowl 28
Super Bowl 30
1975 season NFC Championship game vs Rams
1978 season NFC championship game vs Rams
1972 divisional game vs San Francisco
1979 final game vs Commanders
1992 season NFC championship
and I could easily extend this to 25 games

quickccc

Reaction score
Do you mean the 2009 season? Dallas had a winning record; it was 8-5 Cowboys vs. 13-0 undefeated Saints.

you're right cowboys went 11-5 in 2009, which included a blowout loss to Vikes in playoffs
i stand corrected

and it was Dec. 19th the weekend before Xmas weekend.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I attended the Cowboys-Seahawks playoff game this year (January 2019) in person. But it was strangely disappointing and empty feeling. The game almost felt like a preseason game or a meaningless regular season game. It had no "feel" to it. Something was strangely hollow.

Agree with you there. I was there too. I follow both teams and felt that Seattle grossly underperformed. We were very beatable that day but you take that result if you have to.

landroverking

Reaction score
No order
Ice bowl
Super Bowl VI
Super Bowl X
Vikings ‘75
NFC Championship ‘92
Super Bowl XXVII
Commanders ‘79
Super Bowl XII
NFC Championship ‘75
Super Bowl XXX

I had to go with some loses because they too were great games

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Rough order, but if you ask me tomorrow I might shuffle a few.

1. First Cowboy Super Bowl win against Miami - 1971 season
2. 1st Super Bowl win in the 1990’s - long awaited - 1992 season
3. 1974 Thanksgiving Game. The hated Commanders had vowed to injure Staubach and knock him out of the game. And they did. And an unheralded Clint Longley led them to a come from behind victory.
4. Super Bowl win after 1993 season. Confirmed 1992 wasn’t a fluke and the Boys were truly back.
5. The “Hail Mary” game in the 1975 playoffs.
6 & 7. Super Bowl wins against Denver and Pittsburg. Because it’s all about championships, right. But I fully expected to win both - no doubts going into the games, so these were less exciting than the others.
8. 1992 playoff win against SF. SF seemed to be the team destined to win that year, so the Cowboy win allowed us to believe the team was for real.
9. 1991 regulator season win vs. Eagles. Eagles had completely dominated and embarrassed Dallas earlier in the year, sacking Aikman 11 times. Our O-Line had been powerless against Reggie White, Clyde Simmons and Jerome Brown, and it seemed we had no hope going into the second game. The win in the next meeting was a huge confidence boost.
10. 1975 NFC Championship against Rams. Rams had a great team, and we crushed them, giving us hope that we could beat a Steeler team in the Super Bowl that was dominant in all phases of the game. Of course we fell short in the SB.
Great list, number 3 on your list was probably my favorite all time that doesn't include playoffs.