TO's Career Against the Steelers

Everson24

Reaction score
TO has never played well against Pittsburgh. He averages 5 receptions and only 69 yards and .5 TD's per game. All these games were played when he was in his prime and the only good game he had was in 2003 when the Steelers secondary had been exposed by everyone including the Tim Rattay led Niners.

I hope Jason Garrett is planning on using him as a decoy in this game because I think history shows that the Steelers will shut him down.

This will not be a week for him to put up big numbers.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
He's on a different team, and he was playing different Steeler teams back then. If the O-Line holds up, TO will have a good game.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Everson24;2461781 said:
TO has never played well against Pittsburgh. He averages 5 receptions and only 69 yards and .5 TD's per game. All these games were played when he was in his prime and the only good game he had was in 2003 when the Steelers secondary had been exposed by everyone including the Tim Rattay led Niners.

I hope Jason Garrett is planning on using him as a decoy in this game because I think history shows that the Steelers will shut him down.

sorry..i'm going to have to give you one of these..

:bang2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Everson24;2461781 said:

Dick LeBeau didn't coach that D that year-Tim Lewis was the DC, and got fired after that year. Ironically, he got fired by the Giants 2 years ago that opened the way for Steve Spagnuola.

Just saying...

Rudy

Reaction score
That stat is as relevant as the one saying the last 2 meetings between the two, Dallas has won by a combined 60-something to like 13...
Sunday is a new day.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Romo has never played against the steelers...

projected stats:

0/0 and 0 yards 0 TD 0 INT

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2461803 said:
Romo has never played against the steelers...

projected stats:

0/0 and 0 yards 0 TD 0 INT

He observed from the sidelines, does that count?:D

Section446

Reaction score
Owens never had Romo throwing him the ball vs. the Steelers either. Things are about to change.

adamknite

Reaction score
Besides... it isn't like 5 catches for 70 yards and .5 TD is a terrible stat line anyway.

Over a whole season that's 80 catches for 1120 yards and 8 TD's.... Those are not bad numbers.

Furthermore, You do realize TO's career average is 5.05 catches for 75 yards a game with .74 TD's, right?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Rudy;2461791 said:
That stat is as relevant as the one saying the last 2 meetings between the two, Dallas has won by a combined 60-something to like 13...
Sunday is a new day.

You do know the Steelers beat us last time right :D

Just checkin! :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That'd be 80 rec, 1104 yards, and 8TDs in a season of playing against what's historically been a pretty good defense.

alby

Reaction score
If they think they can cover Owens with one on one coverage, Romo is going to eat them alive.

SharutoX

I Love Quiznos
Reaction score
alby;2461851 said:
If they think they can cover Owens with one on one coverage, Romo is going to eat them alive.

Or Romo is going to get eaten alive.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I don't expect TO to dominate this game. I think this is the sort of team (physical) and the sort of game (cold, windy, possibly snowy) that will mitigate his effectiveness.

My bigger question, though, is how easy/tough it is for Pittsburgh to make him a non-game changer. Does he demand double coverage all night, thus possibly freeing up Roy? Or can Pittsburgh handle him one-on-on?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Dreadnought94;2461845 said:
Ugh, that was a bad game.

Testeverde drops back to pass, he has a man open. richie anderson knocks the ball out with his helmet.

Oh noezzz.. :( That game is imprinted in my memory, that was a HUGE confidence builder for that super bowl team

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Everson24;2461781 said:

TO isn't in his prime???????

Rudy

Reaction score
ajk23az;2461841 said:
You do know the Steelers beat us last time right :D

Just checkin! :D

Ah, the Richie Anderson/Vinny debacle...I'm not sure when that stat was compiled, I think 2 regular season games in the 90s or something. It was floating around here earlier this week.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Everson24;2461781 said:
TO has never played well against Pittsburgh.

"Never," huh? Well let's hope he doesn't have another one of those really bad eight-catch, 155-yards-and-a-touchdown games like he did against Pittsburgh in 2003.

Brian_C82

Reaction score
What is this nonsense about the Steelers being able to beat the Cowboys? The Steelers can't keep up with our offense. I remember people were worried about the glorious Bears defense and the cold weather in Chicago before we scored 34 points on them last year.