Tough pill to swallow

Bowdown27

Reaction score
People think much more highly of Ware and Hatcher than I do. I don't think we'll see a tangible difference with them gone.

100% agree. Worst defense in cowboys history last season w ware and hatcher. Lets do it over

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OP, I bet you also get nervous halfway through a haircut each time. It'll turn out better than it looks after the first few snips.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
This team in my opinion is getting worse day by day .we are subtracting without adding and to see our playmakers last year on another team hurts right now ..

they were all defensive players (save miles). I don't know if the defense could have gotten any worse.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
It's time to take our lumps for the sins of the past.

We all knew the window was closing on the Romo-Witten-Ware era.

And now it has.

Agreed. This D was last in 2013, (carried by an O with terrible playcalling and little emphasis on keeping the D off the field). We are in the same position we were in before we "lost" Ware, Hatcher, Spencer, etc. This is how you "create" cap space for FAs (2015 is the time to spend big), resigning homegrown players, and was critical for any "real" success into the future. Not 8-8 tease sessions.

Last edited:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
OP, I bet you also get nervous halfway through a haircut each time. It'll turn out better than it looks after the first few snips.

I don't see any way the DL can look better than it did last season. Even if we spend our first 3 picks on DL, we just lost the only two real pass rushing threats we had there. Jerry can't fix this line, Marinelli or no.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see any way the DL can look better than it did last season. Even if we spend our first 3 picks on DL, we just lost the only two real pass rushing threats we had there. Jerry can't fix this line, Marinelli or no.

It's looking grim. We'll see how it turns out. We'll sign a few players in VFA and then devote most of the draft to defense. I'm not sure how we replace Hatcher's contribution. Donald, I would guess.

Ware's an all-time player, but replacing what he was capable of giving us at the end of the season last season won't be as challenging. I think the combination of Crawford and another relatively high draft pick can close that gap. By the end of the season last year, we were really limping along the DL.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Free Agency started Tuesday afternoon. It's Friday Morning still.

OhSnap

Reaction score
This team in my opinion is getting worse day by day .we are subtracting without adding and to see our playmakers last year on another team hurts right now ..

What play makers are you talking about?

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Let's just see what happens. Getting younger we all seem to agree is a good idea. Hey we're doing that! Core wise. We also agree we shouldn't pay older players with crazy contracts. Woohoo! We cannot predict the injuries along our defensive lines. We are doing research on how to keep players healthier especially when it comes to hammiies. We are definitely rolling with our secondary. Unlessit is a smoke screen. We need speed and tenacity even from rotation players. We are looking for that. I have no complains what so ever so far.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Tough pill to swallow?

I'll get you a glass of Kool-Aid. It'll go right down.

bsheeern

Reaction score

As fans that's where our emotions become more important to us then the bigger picture.

It's just time to move on and sometimes addition by subtraction pays off quicker when done the right way.

tm1119

Reaction score
you do realize that is a lot of what seattle does now, right? you cant name anyone beyond sherman on their defense...they keep fresh legs on the field.

Really? You can't name Earl Thomas, Brandon Mebane, Michael Bennett, Cam Chancellor, Bobby Wagner, or Bruce Irvin? I understand the point you're trying to make with depth guys being important but Seattle isn't the greatest example. I would say maybe New England would work a lot better

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Says the woefully ignorant kid spinning in the chair with half an ear and scars all over his head waiting for another haircut from the same barber.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

had you said this at the start of TC, i might agree, we havent even gotten to the draft yet. Come on, give it some time.