Tournament Idea Thread 3 (Best Movie Villain Point Totals | Post 304)

What is your definition of 'movie villain'?

• Live action, overly altered human appearing actor (ex: The Predator, Davey Jones)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live action, special effects/CGI based artificial performer (ex: shark in Jaws, Thanos)

• Animation based artificial performer (ex: The Red Hood, Scar)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
spoiler alert...
best animal-sasquatch...and it's NOT close.
Sasquatch is a real animal? Like a woodchuck is a real animal? I thought sasquatches were cryptids. :huh:

Woodchuck versus Sasquatch. Now that would be an exciting match to imagine! Just think...

"Welcome! Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! This will be a steel cage death match!

In this corner... weighing in at 12 pounds...the awesome... the terrible... PUNXSUTAWNEEEEEEEEY PHIL!!!

And it this corner... Weighing 600 pounds... hair all over its body... singing 'Don't Be Cruel To A Heart That's True'... BIIIIIIG PRESLEY!"

Moderator runs for the hills!

cowboyec

Reaction score
Sasquatch is a real animal? Like a woodchuck is a real animal? I thought sasquatches were cryptids. :huh:

Woodchuck versus Sasquatch. Now that would be an exciting match to imagine! Just think...

"Welcome! Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! This will be a steel cage death match!

In this corner... weighing in at 12 pounds...the awesome... the terrible... PUNXSUTAWNEEEEEEEEY PHIL!!!

And it this corner... Weighing 600 pounds... hair all over its body... singing 'Don't Be Cruel To A Heart That's True'... BIIIIIIG PRESLEY!"

he's both.

cowboyec

Reaction score

don't forget....he also sings
big boss man
are you lonesome tonight
too much monkey business
suspicious minds

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Executive Decision time again (oh no! we lost steven seagall! :( )

Jack Bauer 24 hours was long enough for all contributors to name a primary and alternate idea for the poll. The following choices are now available for voting:

Best All-Time Dallas Cowboys Player [Coaches omitted] (timb2)
Best All-Time Elvis Album (cowboyec)
Best All-Time Elvis Song (cowboyec)
Best All-Time Movie Villain (timb2)
Best Animal Face off (Tabascocat)
Best Movie Quote (Boom)
Best Movie Soundtrack of the 1990's (quickcc)
Best Music Artist of 1990s [can include bands] (DFWJC)
Best Songs of the 1960's (Couchcoach)
Best Sports Movie (cowfan, DFWJC, Tabascocat, CouchCoach)

Two ideas can be chosen by each voter. The idea with the most votes wins. 32-nominee ballot list submission will begin after the poll ends.

Voting for the next tournament's idea ends Friday, July 17 at 9:08 pm CDT.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:

cowboyec

Reaction score
best all-time movie villain....gotta be darth vader or the joker....or the aliens in war of the worlds(original).

cowboyec

Reaction score
best western villain...wilson in shane...played by jack palance.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
another great villain...ming from flash gordon(80s).
I started mentally compiling a possible ballot list of movie villains, just in case the category won best idea, and COMPLETELY forgot Max Von Sydow's performance! Bad DE! Bad! :banghead:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Are you forgetting Alan Rickman in Robin Hood and Die Hard? And how about Ralph Fiennes in Harry Potter? Jack Lemmon in The Great Race?
henry fonda in once upon a time in the west.
bruce dern in the cowboys.
aliens in mars attacks.
scarecrow from batman begins.
bane from the dark knight rises.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you forgetting Alan Rickman in Robin Hood and Die Hard? And how about Ralph Fiennes in Harry Potter? Jack Lemmon in The Great Race?
There would be a TON of favorite movie villains on folks' ballots. The only question is how many will have the same bad guys on their individual lists?

My first thought is Darth Vader should be listed somewhere on everyone's single ballot. Then I think of the number of occasions I have heard or read someone either state they never saw Star Wars or did not like Star Wars. As incredible as it may seem to me, there is a possibility old helmet head Anakin would NOT be a unanimous nominee.

o_O

cowboyec

Reaction score
more great villains...
davey jones in dead mans chest and at worlds end.
black beard in on stranger tides.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
best all-time movie villain....gotta be darth vader or the joker....or the aliens in war of the worlds(original).
Which actor's The Joker would you pick if you had to choose only one out of the several who have played the role?

Two guesses will get you a :clap:

One guess would net you a :thumbup:

Any other guess that is not one of those three will get you benched. :mad: So be very careful with your answer. :p

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Which actor's The Joker would you pick if you had to choose only one out of the several who have played the role?

Two guesses will get you a :clap:

One guess would net you a :thumbup:

Any other guess that is not one of those three will get you benched. :mad: So be very careful with your answer. :p

Nicholson at #1 and Ledger at #2

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There would be a TON of favorite movie villains on folks' ballots. The only question is how many will have the same bad guys on their individual lists?

My first thought is Darth Vader should be listed somewhere on everyone's single ballot. Then I think of the number of occasions I have heard or read someone either state they never saw Star Wars or did not like Star Wars. As incredible as it may seem to me, there is a possibility old helmet head Anakin would NOT be a unanimous nominee.

o_O
No vote for Vader, more of a voice and no acting. David Prowse played him but did little, if any, acting.

Portraying a bad man is an art and some do it with panache because for a lot of actors, that is their favorite role. And there are several ways to play it, bad because of circumstances or necessity and bad from desire to be so. Hell, how many Bond villains do we have to pick from?

Status
Not open for further replies.