Tournament Idea Thread 3 (Best Movie Villain Point Totals | Post 304)

What is your definition of 'movie villain'?

• Live action, overly altered human appearing actor (ex: The Predator, Davey Jones)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live action, special effects/CGI based artificial performer (ex: shark in Jaws, Thanos)

• Animation based artificial performer (ex: The Red Hood, Scar)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyec

Reaction score
another great villain...mr.freeze in subzero.

the red hood from the dc animated film batman:under the red hood.
also black mask from the same film.

cowboyec

Reaction score
No vote for Vader, more of a voice and no acting. David Prowse played him but did little, if any, acting.

Portraying a bad man is an art and some do it with panache because for a lot of actors, that is their favorite role. And there are several ways to play it, bad because of circumstances or necessity and bad from desire to be so. Hell, how many Bond villains do we have to pick from?
vader stold both movies(star wars/empire strikes back) and didnt have to say a word...cant have a list of movie villains and not include vader.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No vote for Vader, more of a voice and no acting. David Prowse played him but did little, if any, acting.

Portraying a bad man is an art and some do it with panache because for a lot of actors, that is their favorite role. And there are several ways to play it, bad because of circumstances or necessity and bad from desire to be so. Hell, how many Bond villains do we have to pick from?
It could be argued more than several Bond villains are more than qualified for best movie villain but I disagree with qualification for movie villain. Prowse was the physical embodiment of the character but James Earl Jones' voice alone fulfilled the character's unique aura. I cannot dismiss the combination as being unworthy. Just my opinion.

Heck. My idea of worthy movie villain extends beyond even live performances. For example, Scar from the original The Lion King is a great movie villain in my book. Hal from 2001: A Space Odyssey is simply a talking red LED bulb but would make my honorable mention at least.

How about a combination of voicework and animation only? In other words, no physical representation of an actor whatsoever. Josh Brolin as Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films is right up there for me also.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, were we talking about best "cheesy villain"?
I totally respect that characterization and my answer is a resounding yes. Queen's soundtrack and Sydow's performance as Ming The Merciless are the two main ingredients that make the movie great in my opinion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ledger #1
:clap:
:thumbup:
Cesar Romero #2
dCVG6EP.gif

Benched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, it was a terrible show, but he was an excellent Joker, just as Frank Gorshin was a great Riddler.

I got nuthin'.

Got to get some real work in now folks. :laugh: Hopefully someone will post the other :clap:guess before I sign back on.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If we go the movie villain route, does that include monsters and creatures or just people(a character)? Way too many options to include everything IMO.
My vote would be humanoids only. People or things that think and communicate like humans, with malice. I think the farthest I'd stretch under those criteria would be Ultron.

Status
Not open for further replies.