TR: Is Trevon Diggs Really This Good, Or Just Lucky? Yes

plymkr

Reaction score
That was a good article. I'm not entirely sure if I agree with the writer that Diggs will give up a lot of big plays due to being overly aggressive. Diggs is smart and he can adjust as well as the offense can.

I feel if we were playing against Diggs I would not want my QB to test him. The TB, Philly, Carolina interceptions show that unless a great pass and catch happen Diggs can intercept it. So if the QB or receiver make a mistake and the ball is bobbled or not accurate then Diggs can make you pay. That puts a lot of pressure on the receivers and QB.

So my answer to the question is Diggs good or lucky. I'd have to go with good because how many DBs make plays on the ball and interceptions like he does. I see a lot of dropped interceptions and near misses. With Diggs we don't see that.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
That was a good article. I'm not entirely sure if I agree with the writer that Diggs will give up a lot of big plays due to being overly aggressive. Diggs is smart and he can adjust as well as the offense can.

I feel if we were playing against Diggs I would not want my QB to test him. The TB, Philly, Carolina interceptions show that unless a great pass and catch happen Diggs can intercept it. So if the QB or receiver make a mistake and the ball is bobbled or not accurate then Diggs can make you pay. That puts a lot of pressure on the receivers and QB.

So my answer to the question is Diggs good or lucky. I'd have to go with good because how many DBs make plays on the ball and interceptions like he does. I see a lot of dropped interceptions and near misses. With Diggs we don't see that.
That's the intriguing thing is that teams think his aggressiveness can be exploited, but it hasn't really paid off this year depending on how you view that long NE touchdown. So far you eventually pay the price if you go at him this year. Such a cool dichotomy in my opinion. One of the many reasons I love pro football.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's the intriguing thing is that teams think his aggressiveness can be exploited, but it hasn't really paid off this year depending on how you view that long NE touchdown. So far you eventually pay the price if you go at him this year. Such a cool dichotomy in my opinion. One of the many reasons I love pro football.

Even with the long TD, if you blame that on Diggs, it essentially was canceled out by his pick six. I think I could live with a corner giving up TDs if he answers them with pick sixes.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
To an extent. As far as I could tell, Diggs had no other coverage responsibility. He may have bit on the double-move, though, because he knew he had safety help.
I need to watch that replay again. My opinion is based on what I saw live, which I know isn't always accurate.

Nickyd2208

Reaction score
To an extent. As far as I could tell, Diggs had no other coverage responsibility. He may have bit on the double-move, though, because he knew he had safety help.
Looked to me like Diggs had underneath and even backed off because he was expecting or even saw Kazee coming.

Zman5

Reaction score
Diggs wasn't even beat on the TD against NE. Here is a pic from the All-22 view. As you can see, Diggs is running step for step with the WR. Kazee is looking right at the ball.
I think what happened was both thought the other was going to make a play on the ball. Both could have either knock it down (more likely), or even intercepted it (less likely).

Had Kazee run more toward the WR, the receiver may even have short armed it.

GlOMGMeC_o.jpg