Trade both our 1st rounders for Randy Moss.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I dont think this will hap BUT dont be surprised if Jerry does this. There are some real good reasons for it and some not so good.

The Good. Randy Moss as a Cowboy completely changes our offense. Teams defenses plan just for Randy Moss. He will get double teamed every time. Imagine how much that will open up the game for Witten and Key in passing and our other WRs. Oh Moss will still get 1000 yards cuz even double teams dont stop him. Double teams just slow him down some. It would also open things up alot more for Julius Jones. With a WR corp of Witten Moss and Key it could be a real risk usin 8 man fronts with Jones. Moss would also make things alot easier for Drew Henson to take over. No question about that.

The Bad. We lose 2 first rounders and will be left with just a 2nd rounder on the first day of the draft. We wont be able to fix as many probs. With FA we coudl still fix some probs on the OL and maybe DL but we would still have probs at LB FS. Also would Moss fit in with Dallas. Would him and Key both be able to get along. Would Parcells be able to control Moss like he does Key.

My thoughts are I would give up the 2 firsts for Moss. There is more good to it and the way Moss changes the game for the other teams defenses and just Moss could by himself could change our offense nuff to move us up to bein a top 10 offense easy. I think if Parcells can control Key he will do so with Moss. Parcells could be the one coach that gets the best outta Moss.

If we could seriously improve the just the OL and DL and that is it and get Randy Moss it would be a real big and good off season for us. I dont expect it to hap but like I said I wouldnt be surprised to see Jerry Jones do just this. That is if 2 first rounders will be nuff to get him from the Vikes.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I dont think this will hap BUT dont be surprised if Jerry does this. There are some real good reasons for it and some not so good.

The Good. Randy Moss as a Cowboy completely changes our offense. Teams defenses plan just for Randy Moss. He will get double teamed every time. Imagine how much that will open up the game for Witten and Key in passing and our other WRs. Oh Moss will still get 1000 yards cuz even double teams dont stop him. Double teams just slow him down some. It would also open things up alot more for Julius Jones. With a WR corp of Witten Moss and Key it could be a real risk usin 8 man fronts with Jones. Moss would also make things alot easier for Drew Henson to take over. No question about that.

The Bad. We lose 2 first rounders and will be left with just a 2nd rounder on the first day of the draft. We wont be able to fix as many probs. With FA we coudl still fix some probs on the OL and maybe DL but we would still have probs at LB FS. Also would Moss fit in with Dallas. Would him and Key both be able to get along. Would Parcells be able to control Moss like he does Key.

My thoughts are I would give up the 2 firsts for Moss. There is more good to it and the way Moss changes the game for the other teams defenses and just Moss could by himself could change our offense nuff to move us up to bein a top 10 offense easy. I think if Parcells can control Key he will do so with Moss. Parcells could be the one coach that gets the best outta Moss.

If we could seriously improve the just the OL and DL and that is it and get Randy Moss it would be a real big and good off season for us. I dont expect it to hap but like I said I wouldnt be surprised to see Jerry Jones do just this. That is if 2 first rounders will be nuff to get him from the Vikes.

At first look i was like what the HELL are you thinking. but that might be a god idea . or if we gave up one 1st rounder adn maybe a player or to who we dont need but looked good

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Won't happen, Jerry is still smarting from the last time he traded two first round picks.

D#1Cowboyfan

Reaction score
This gives me a feeling that this wouldn't be a good idea
Look what Cowboys did for Galloway and how he turned out...

THe 20th pick for moss sounds good but not the 11th pick that should be used for Mike Williams for we could have a freaky Wide Receiver Corpes...

THoughtz?

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
D#1Cowboyfan said:

THe 20th pick for moss sounds good but not the 11th pick that should be used for Mike Williams for we could have a freaky Wide Receiver Corpes...

THoughtz?
Williams and Moss on the same field??? Potential is incredible! However I don't see one of them settling for second receiver

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
How about Greg Ellis straight up for Moss......... wait we already did that. nevermind. :banghead:

Nabon

Reaction score
T.O. went for a second rounder last season I beat you Randy could go for a first, lol but hes a trouble maker will bill want him and will bill be able to stop his mooning the fans. lol he didnt even moon them should have never been fined...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Let's see. QC sent packing. Ross gone. AB gone. Moss....Parcells will need prilosec, valium, and pepcid with a sleep aid. Add a babysitter.

Nah. He's too old for that BS even Moss.

Now my ying will cause a yang and Moss will certainly be here.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

there is absolutely no way in hell I'd do that...and Jones would be the biggets fool ever, even beyonf Mike Lynn in 1989 to do something this stupid

Moss is a loser

David

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
D#1Cowboyfan said:

THoughtz?

I dont think the Joey Galloway thing will slow Jones down at all if this is something Jones and Parcells think they want.

Joey Galloway - 5'11" 190 lbs.

3 1000 yard seasons. Best season 1049 yards

2 seasons of 10 or more TD catches. Best season 12 TD catches.

Randy Moss 6'4" 210 lbs

In 7 seasons he has only been under 1000 yards 1 time and that was 04 cuz of a injury. Take away that season and his lowest yards in a season was 1233.

TD catches. Only 1 time ever has he been under 10 TD catches for a season. His lowest ever was 7. He has had 3 seasons of 15 or more TD catches.

Huge dif here.

Mike Williams or Randy Moss. Ill go with Moss. Moss is proven Williams is not.

No way does the Vikes take just our #20 pick for Moss. They wont even take just our #11 pick. It will take both.

This year is a weak draft. What better year then to give up 2 first rounders in a weak draft for a WR that will completely change how defenses will play us.

Drew Henson. This will really help him get named starter much faster maybe he will even go in to practices and everything as starter and be the man. Defensive coordinators will want to blitz Henson alot when he starts but do you really want to blitz him to much and leave Randy Moss 1 on 1. Yep that is a chance you have to take.

Ask yourself this. Are there 2 picks with our #11 and #20 pick that could cause as huge a impact for Dallas as Randy Moss would. I dont think so.

I say it now. In FA and our remaining draft picks if we can serioulsy improve the OL and DL and just get Randy Moss. We will be a play off team and in 2006 you can bet with Moss here and another FA and draft we can make a real serious Super Bowl run.

If we are gonna bump the Eagles from winnin the NFC East then we are gonna have to make a big move for Moss if the Vikes will take both our 1st rounders. Moss will cause big probs for the Eagles. Especially when they also have to deal with Witten Key and Julius to.

Buckeye

Reaction score
20th pick maybe. But I doubt Parcells could put up with Moss and his attitude.
We need the 11th pick too much though.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Randy Moss a loser. Whatever. That uhmm loser would be huge in turnin the team into a winner.

Some of you say no to Moss now. But if we do get him for both our 1sts are you still gonna wish we didnt get him when we are in a fight for 1st play in the East.

I guess I will be one of only a few who would be all for tradin both 1sts for Randy Moss. I also think Parcells is the kinda coach that can really bring out the best in Moss.

My dream off season

1. Get Randy Moss

2. Improve the OL and Dl

3. Fire Mike Zimmer.

Skeptic

Reaction score
As much as I have personal distaste for Moss, I also have been saying lately that we NEED impact players to build around.

Moss will completely change the way the Cowboys' offense operates.

He would be a HUGE asset to Henson---let's be honest---Culpepper is an amazing QB, but the role of the QB in a Moss offense is basically to heave the ******* as far as you can and let him go up and rebound the football.

Henson can do that right now.

And, to add to a previous poster's point, Witten's ability to take away the middle with the presence of Moss would be amazing. Add in the fact that the 8 man fronts go away instantly and Julius could be primed to do amazing things between the tackles.

Besides, this isn't like the Galloway trade. We have 2 1sts THIS YEAR.

We'll have a first next year fellas. No waiting like the Galloway debacle.

Moss and Drew get acclimated, and with a few FAs this year, the draft and FA next season, and we are seriously primed for a run in 2006.

Hell with it. Get it done Jerry.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Skeptic said:
As much as I have personal distaste for Moss, I also have been saying lately that we NEED impact players to build around.

Moss will completely change the way the Cowboys' offense operates.

He would be a HUGE asset to Henson---let's be honest---Culpepper is an amazing QB, but the role of the QB in a Moss offense is basically to heave the ******* as far as you can and let him go up and rebound the football.

Henson can do that right now.

And, to add to a previous poster's point, Witten's ability to take away the middle with the presence of Moss would be amazing. Add in the fact that the 8 man fronts go away instantly and Julius could be primed to do amazing things between the tackles.

Besides, this isn't like the Galloway trade. We have 2 1sts THIS YEAR.

We'll have a first next year fellas. No waiting like the Galloway debacle.

Moss and Drew get acclimated, and with a few FAs this year, the draft and FA next season, and we are seriously primed for a run in 2006.

Hell with it. Get it done Jerry.

And just think of this. So many people in here includin me want Henson to start in 05. Moss will really increase the chances of that happenin. As much as DCs would like to blitz Henson they might not wanna do that as much as they would like cuz the threat of Moss alone.

Alota people in here dont like Moss but that will change when he is the 1st part in makin this team a serious Super Bowl threat in 2006.

The only thing I would be worried about is if the Vikes would take our 2 1sts for Moss.

Buckeye

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Randy Moss a loser. Whatever. That uhmm loser would be huge in turnin the team into a winner.

Some of you say no to Moss now. But if we do get him for both our 1sts are you still gonna wish we didnt get him when we are in a fight for 1st play in the East.

I guess I will be one of only a few who would be all for tradin both 1sts for Randy Moss. I also think Parcells is the kinda coach that can really bring out the best in Moss.
And how are we going to adress our defensive problems Sherlock?

CaptainComeback

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
At first look i was like what the HELL are you thinking. but that might be a god idea . or if we gave up one 1st rounder adn maybe a player or to who we dont need but looked good

It won't be good to trade two firsts for a guy that we could have, SHOULD HAVE drafted in the first place.

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

If this happened it would be a tragedy! Talk about your cancers in the clubhouse! I live about 80 miles from Mpls and even the Viking fans are getting sick and tired of his antics......why would you want a player with his history....and we thought Bryant had a downside! His salary is very close to 8 figures.....wouldn't leave a lot of room for anybody else. Let's not have another Galloway fiasco. He is not worth two #1's period! :mad:

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Buckeye said:
And how are we going to adress our defensive problems Sherlock?

Thats easy. Fire Mike Zimmer. Just doin that alone improves the defense.