Trade both our 1st rounders for Randy Moss.

Reaction score
I agree with your reasoning as far as what he would bring to our offense Wolverine, but signing him for our two 1st rounders would'nt help us fill many of the other glaring holes on this team. Let's face it, if push comes to shove, the Cowboys could probably get by without adding any WR's this season.

Add in the 'cancer' factor and the liabilities far outweigh the assets.

Bringing Moss to Dallas would wreck the team as sure as that iceburg did the Titanic.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I also think Parcells is the kinda coach that can really bring out the best in Moss.
Just like he brought out the best in Bryant?

And I'm going to sound Micky-ish, but if Moss is that big a difference why is Minnesota willing to trade him for a first rounder and a player?? Would you trade Roy Williams for the same package Oakland is offering??

Buckeye

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Thats easy. Fire Mike Zimmer. Just doin that alone improves the defense.
Hmmm. So firing our defensive coordinator is going to fix our lack of depth at CB, DL, and LB? :confused: Ok.

Reaction score
Actually he is right, canning zimmy would improve the D that second and it MUST be the #1 offseason goal!

As far as moss goes...No bigger LOSER in the NFL!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Buckeye said:
Hmmm. So firing our defensive coordinator is going to fix our lack of depth at CB, DL, and LB? :confused: Ok.
exactly. i don't understand the disdain for Zimmer given what he has had to work with.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Buckeye said:

Yep. Firin Zimmer would help. Gettin a real DC in here who actually knew something about how to put a good D on the field would help alot. Zimmer sucks. He could have a Pro Bowler at every position on D and he would still figure out a way to come last in the NFL in sacks turnovers and QB pressures. Mike ZImmer is the Barney the Dinosaur of DCs.

Some people think it is lack of talent or depth of players on D. The biggest lack of talent is Zimmer himself. Get a REAL DC in here and we will have a better idea of how much talent we have or dont have.

The only job Zimmer should have is askin - would you like to supersize that order.

Bluestar22 said:
exactly. i don't understand the disdain for Zimmer given what he has had to work with.

The real prob is not what Zimmer has had to work with. The real prob is the players have to work with Zimmer.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Parcells would never put up with Moss' antics. If Bryant couldn't hack it, how is Randy going to do it?

Legendary talent, the maturity of a walnut.

We've got too many holes to fill. One player is not going to turn this into a Super Bowl caliber team. Our LB core is old, our secondary green and a DL that lacks a pass rusher and that's just the defense.

You want him for #20? I'll give it consideration. If his agent asks for both picks, you'll need a crowbar and holy water to dislodge my boot from your ace.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Wow, I just realized how limited the english language really is. I thought that No would be ok to use but that doesn't carry the weight that I feel when saying it.

I thought maybe "No way in H****" would do it but still not right.

Maybe this.

If they do this trade, I will go to Dallas and I will personally rip Jerry's tounge out of his mouth and use it to beat Parcells.

Hmmm, still not quite there yet. But I'll work on it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Randy Moss a loser. Whatever. That uhmm loser would be huge in turnin the team into a winner.

Some of you say no to Moss now. But if we do get him for both our 1sts are you still gonna wish we didnt get him when we are in a fight for 1st play in the East.

I guess I will be one of only a few who would be all for tradin both 1sts for Randy Moss. I also think Parcells is the kinda coach that can really bring out the best in Moss.

My dream off season

1. Get Randy Moss

2. Improve the OL and Dl

3. Fire Mike Zimmer.

Moss' best days are already gone...he doesnt practice or play hard...he's a loser and definitely isnt worth 2 first rd picks

if we didnt want him in 1998, what makes you think they'll want him and his tired act now?

David

ravidubey

Reaction score
No way he comes to Dallas for any price because he and Parcells would be oil and water. Besides, Parcells wouldn't know what to do with a talent like Moss-- he'd probably have him running picks for Witten or in on running plays to be an extra decoy/blocker for Julius Jones.

As for a trade in general-- this upcoming season is Moss' 8th and he can't stay healthy. Minny's not going to get more than a 1st round pick and a player for him. Answer this: If Minnesota, who's built their offense largely around his abilities, doesn't want him-- why should any serious team be willing to pay an arm and a leg for him?

Now I say serious team because there are teams out there that aren't really serious, like maybe Arizona where he would be reuinited with Dennis Green. The Raiders also seem like a match made in heaven.

Frankly I don't know how you get rid of a player like Moss. Just make sure he's put in a position to succeed and you'll have no major problems. The He__ with the weekly exploits, those things I can live with.

Walking off the field was bad, but you didn't see the Bulls cutting Scottie Pippen after he pulled a similar move. Hey it's not a perfect world.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Parcels sucks because he is the head coach and over sees the offense and the defense. Firing Zimmer is just a start, but whomever they bring in will just do what Parcells tells them to do. Parcells must go because he obviously tells Zimmer not to blitz or to teach his DBs not to turn around for the ball or the d-line not to rush the passer or the line backers not to grow any taller. If Parcells was truly a good coach he would have stepped in and done something by now to improve the defense. He obviously doesn't have a clue. :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Parcels sucks because he is the head coach and over sees the offense and the defense. Firing Zimmer is just a start, but whomever they bring in will just do what Parcells tells them to do. Parcells must go because he obviously tells Zimmer not to blitz or to teach his DBs not to turn around for the ball or the d-line not to rush the passer or the line backers not to grow any taller. If Parcells was truly a good coach he would have stepped in and done something by now to improve the defense. He obviously doesn't have a clue. :rolleyes:

Yeah Parcells has no clue. LOL 40 years of coaching he has more than clue as to how to coach a team.

notherbob

Reaction score
I have every confidence that Moss would bring the Cowboys every bit as many superbowls as he brought Minnesota. Tex Schramm was right.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I dont think this will hap BUT dont be surprised if Jerry does this. There are some real good reasons for it and some not so good.

The Good. Randy Moss as a Cowboy completely changes our offense. Teams defenses plan just for Randy Moss. He will get double teamed every time. Imagine how much that will open up the game for Witten and Key in passing and our other WRs. Oh Moss will still get 1000 yards cuz even double teams dont stop him. Double teams just slow him down some. It would also open things up alot more for Julius Jones. With a WR corp of Witten Moss and Key it could be a real risk usin 8 man fronts with Jones. Moss would also make things alot easier for Drew Henson to take over. No question about that.

The Bad. We lose 2 first rounders and will be left with just a 2nd rounder on the first day of the draft. We wont be able to fix as many probs. With FA we coudl still fix some probs on the OL and maybe DL but we would still have probs at LB FS. Also would Moss fit in with Dallas. Would him and Key both be able to get along. Would Parcells be able to control Moss like he does Key.

My thoughts are I would give up the 2 firsts for Moss. There is more good to it and the way Moss changes the game for the other teams defenses and just Moss could by himself could change our offense nuff to move us up to bein a top 10 offense easy. I think if Parcells can control Key he will do so with Moss. Parcells could be the one coach that gets the best outta Moss.

If we could seriously improve the just the OL and DL and that is it and get Randy Moss it would be a real big and good off season for us. I dont expect it to hap but like I said I wouldnt be surprised to see Jerry Jones do just this. That is if 2 first rounders will be nuff to get him from the Vikes.
So is Randy Moss going to stuff the run, rush the passer, and play cornerback and safety too??? Jones doesn't need this to right a wrong... I'm still waiting for him to right the wrong by passing on Tony Brackens and selecting Kavika "buzzsaw" Pittman... Bad Idea!

Buckeye

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Yep. Firin Zimmer would help. Gettin a real DC in here who actually knew something about how to put a good D on the field would help alot. Zimmer sucks. He could have a Pro Bowler at every position on D and he would still figure out a way to come last in the NFL in sacks turnovers and QB pressures. Mike ZImmer is the Barney the Dinosaur of DCs.
Yeah. Because Zimmer is the only reason why we gave up so many 4th quarter leads. Zimmer is the only reason why we couldn't stop the pass this year. Zimmer is the only reason why we couldn't get any pressure on the QB. Zimmer is the only reason why we tackled so poorly. And Zimmer is the only reason why our players couldn't execute at all.
/Sarcasm

Zimmer calls the plays. He puts the defense in position to make a play and unfortunately, they don't. You can't completely blame Zimmer for all of our defensive troubles this year. Plain and simple, our players didn't execute.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
I'd hope they wouldn't use both 1st Rd picks in this years draft.

I'd hope the Vikings would take the 20th pick and maybe next years 1st or 2nd Rd. pick.

Why is everyone assuming that Parcells wouldn't put up with Moss's antics?

Antonio Bryant isn't half the WR Moss is yet. Parcells put up with much worse antics from Lawrence Taylor. Moss is a productive, young and Hall of fame bound. None of the WR on the Cowboys roster are even close. Mike Williams could be the next Terrel Owens or the next JJ. Stokes or Tai Streets. Nothings guranteed.

But Moss has proven he can be impact WR. I was for signing Jeremiah Trotter when he left the Eagles. I wanted the Cowboys to get into the Terrel Owens sweptakes. I wanted Rossevelt Colvin before he signed with the Patriots. If the player is young, talented and has proven they can be a force on the field and that player upgrades the roster then I think the Cowboys should go after that player.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Yes, you absolutely make this trade. Randy Moss is by far the most talented offensive player in the NFL when he is healthy and it's arguable whether he is the best offensive player of all time. When healthy, he is as fast as Deion with the agility of a Michael Irvin and the hands of Jerry Rice. Randy Moss' problem is his attitude. However, if your team is winning, he gets mometum and he calms down a little bit and doesn't pout as much. But when your team is losing, he gives up. That will never change.

However, to compare him to Galloway is a joke. Galloway's best year isn't even close to one Moss' average years. And this is back when Galloway was playing for Seattle. Randy is taller, more agile and has better hands. Moss runs better routes while Galloway was merely a speedster.

I know this isn't a popular trade but i would pull this because this offense needs some fire. Galloway was laid back which Moss isn't. We need some fire and pure playmaking ability which Moss brings.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Charles said:
Why is everyone assuming that Parcells wouldn't put up with Moss's antics?

Parcells is known to break his personal code of ethics if the player is good enough(see Lawrence Taylor). Parcells did it with Keyshawn when he was a brash receiver with the Jets; trust me Parcells is selfish enough that he will tolerate the antics of Randy Moss because he is too talented. Parcells has a double standard when it comes to ethics. If Quincy Carter was an All-Pro, you think he would have cut him for "drugs"....please.

And I don't want to hear this crap about BP cutting Quincy because he could have been suspended for 4 games if he was caught doing drugs again. Yeah, so the solution is to cut him from your team and not play him for 16 games. Okay..

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
No thanks....

I forget what the Patriots gave up to get Corey Dillon, but I beleive it was an extra 1st round draft pick they had.

If this team were a playoff caliber team and looking to get over the hump, say like Philadelphia, I would not mind doing it.

Right now, I think you can be just as productive with Glenn, Johnson, Crayton, Witten and a younger player you possibly use a 1st round pick in the future.

We never do this, but if we did, I think it would make us an overly offensive team and I would rather have balance or have things lean more on the defensive side of the ball.

Moss is a good player, but troubles on the defensive line and the secondary should scare any members of the Cowboys Brass from making this deal.

- Mike G.