Trade both our 1st rounders for Randy Moss.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
No thanks....

I forget what the Patriots gave up to get Corey Dillon, but I beleive it was an extra 1st round draft pick they had.

If this team were a playoff caliber team and looking to get over the hump, say like Philadelphia, I would not mind doing it.

Right now, I think you can be just as productive with Glenn, Johnson, Crayton, Witten and a younger player you possibly use a 1st round pick in the future.

We never do this, but if we did, I think it would make us an overly offensive team and I would rather have balance or have things lean more on the defensive side of the ball.

Moss is a good player, but troubles on the defensive line and the secondary should scare any members of the Cowboys Brass from making this deal.

- Mike G.

Solid take...nice post

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Yes, you absolutely make this trade. Randy Moss is by far the most talented offensive player in the NFL when he is healthy and it's arguable whether he is the best offensive player of all time. When healthy, he is as fast as Deion with the agility of a Michael Irvin and the hands of Jerry Rice. Randy Moss' problem is his attitude. However, if your team is winning, he gets mometum and he calms down a little bit and doesn't pout as much. But when your team is losing, he gives up. That will never change.

However, to compare him to Galloway is a joke. Galloway's best year isn't even close to one Moss' average years. And this is back when Galloway was playing for Seattle. Randy is taller, more agile and has better hands. Moss runs better routes while Galloway was merely a speedster.

I know this isn't a popular trade but i would pull this because this offense needs some fire. Galloway was laid back which Moss isn't. We need some fire and pure playmaking ability which Moss brings.
I would disagree on Moss' agility, Vikes tried Moss as a punt returner his second year and he failed because his forte is straight line running, not stopping and starting (Ala Deion).

And there's a difference between Moss and LT, LT played his heart out on the field, Moss not only takes many plays off (Many have said watching the t.v. at the Philly game that Moss' stance gave away whether it was a pass or run) but he's admitted it and said he won't change - that's why most fans here (Myself included) are reluctant to not only trade for him, but give up 2 first rounders.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 first rounders for Randy Moss????

I sure hope I'm not reading that right.

:eek:

joseephuss

Reaction score
This team has many holes to fill. I would like to see a plan of how they are going to fill some of them before just giving up two 1st round picks for Moss. I do think Dallas needs a big time receiver. Johnson and Glenn are both a little older and while both can contribute to the Cowboys, I don't see either as a #1 type receiving threat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Philly or Atlanta make a play for Moss in the off season. Especially if Philly loses. They have the cap room.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
Parcells is known to break his personal code of ethics if the player is good enough(see Lawrence Taylor). Parcells did it with Keyshawn when he was a brash receiver with the Jets; trust me Parcells is selfish enough that he will tolerate the antics of Randy Moss because he is too talented. Parcells has a double standard when it comes to ethics. If Quincy Carter was an All-Pro, you think he would have cut him for "drugs"....please.

And I don't want to hear this crap about BP cutting Quincy because he could have been suspended for 4 games if he was caught doing drugs again. Yeah, so the solution is to cut him from your team and not play him for 16 games. Okay..
Exactly.

Plus I'd also add that Vinny's presence on the depth chart made it much easier to cut Carter. Most thought it was Henson's presence that lead to Carter's release but Parcells reluctance to start Henson even when the play-offs were out of reach shows he had no intentions of playing Henson this season. If Carter had significantly out-performed Vinny in camp he would have been on the roster for atleast this past season.

If Antonio Bryant was a WR of Moss's caliber he'd still be a Cowboy. If Willie Blade played like Kevin Williams Parcells would allow him to get in shape during training camp.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
And there's a difference between Moss and LT, LT played his heart out on the field, Moss not only takes many plays off (Many have said watching the t.v. at the Philly game that Moss' stance gave away whether it was a pass or run) but he's admitted it and said he won't change - that's why most fans here (Myself included) are reluctant to not only trade for him, but give up 2 first rounders.

But what you are failing to take into account is that every coach in the NFL are aware of Moss' problems and they still want him because the upside is there. Everything you said is well known. Even with the bad attitude and lack of effort on the field at times, he can dominate games singlehandedly

I wouldn't give two firsts but I would give a first and a second

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
May be one #1 but I would include stipulations about moral terpatude in the contract. You still need a QB to get him the ball. I don't think Randy "me first" Moss could keep from pouting if he did not have a quality QB to put the ball right where he wants it most of the time.

TexasCowboy

Reaction score
I think Jerry had learned his lesson about giving away two first round picks
plus why do we need Moss when Mike Williams and Michigan's Braylon Edwards could be drafted by us? I don't think we want Moss and his
moron antics in Dallas