Trade Chaz green for a 3rd or 4th rounder

duro420

Reaction score
Whatever we can get. I think we have enough linemen that he is expendable. I don't think he was ever worth that draft pick in the 3rd and hopefully we can get fair compensation for him?

Congratulations. This is millenials 1st nomination for a WMT award.
Whatever we can get. I think we have enough linemen that he is expendable. I don't think he was ever worth that draft pick in the 3rd and hopefully we can get fair compensation for him?

Even infants know one couldnt trade green for squat, much less a 7th rounder. Youre mere suggestion that we can get a 3rd or 4th(laugh out loud[youre asking price forced me to spell out lol]) has probably created a rip in our space/time universe- destroying life as we know it. Hope a 3rd or 4th rounder was worth breaking our dimension.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

If you didn't think he was worth a third when we picked him, how would you think he's a third or a fourth with only a year left on his contract?

If we cut him, he gets snapped up.

If we keep him, someone signs him next year and we get a 7th comp pick credit.

Maybe someone gives us a conditional pick this year.

ksadler1

Reaction score
This would be a great deal for the cowboys. All we need is a trading partner and unfortunately, Al Davis is dead.

We could always give Ditka a call...oh...umm...nevermind...we're SOL...

Jipper

Reaction score
I think a team would want at least a 4th to take him from us...he sucks that bad

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A bad game is one thing, an all time worst game in the history of the NFL, is another. That’s what Chaz had vs Atlanta. Garrett helped Chaz have that record setting game too.

I'm not defending the game at all. I agree that the sheer magnitude of how bad it was would make it incredibly difficult to every truly trust Green again. But I do take a little exception with fans who act as if the game was foreseeable and the Cowboys were incompetent for not seeing it in advance. Green's performance in 2016 suggested he was a solid backup. As I said, if the team decides to keep him, which I don't necessarily think will happen, but they did the nice thing is that he would be 3rd team this year instead of the next man up.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not defending the game at all. I agree that the sheer magnitude of how bad it was would make it incredibly difficult to every truly trust Green again. But I do take a little exception with fans who act as if the game was foreseeable and the Cowboys were incompetent for not seeing it in advance. Green's performance in 2016 suggested he was a solid backup. As I said, if the team decides to keep him, which I don't necessarily think will happen, but they did the nice thing is that he would be 3rd team this year instead of the next man up.
No, solid backups cannot be injury prone.

kskboys

Reaction score
If you didn't think he was worth a third when we picked him, how would you think he's a third or a fourth with only a year left on his contract?

If we cut him, he gets snapped up.

If we keep him, someone signs him next year and we get a 7th comp pick credit.

Maybe someone gives us a conditional pick this year.
W/ the guys we brought into camp and drafted, I simply don't believe we have room for him any more.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
W/ the guys we brought into camp and drafted, I simply don't believe we have room for him any more.

It is getting tight. A conditional pick is possible - basically giving him away, with some lottery we get some compensation for him.

I think he's better than other people do. I put last year's debacle primarily on the coaches flip flopping a young guy on position. I also have the theory that Crawford is not a guy who is going to test your skills in practice on protecting the edge.

Thinking he's better, I think he's good depth for the oline. And maybe a guy they'd sign at a below markup price (because of their own screw up) next year ( to the howls of fans).

He's definitely on the bubble.