Trade Deadline

Galian Beast

Reaction score
If this front office can't re-sign Amari Cooper before the trade deadline, they absolutely need to trade him to another team and hope that with their playoff ambitions they are desperate for improved offense.

I'd also try to trade Dak before the trade deadline as well (if you're not going to pay him 30 million a year, and you shouldn't). The problem here is that unlike Cooper, I don't think a team will take him unless they felt like they could slot him in immediately, their qb was injured and they didn't plan on continuing with that qb in the future. Maybe a team like Buffalo if they can stay in the playoff chase.

At this point, our draft pick will be in the middle of the pack. If you could trade Cooper for a first or a second, and trade Dak for a first or a second, you might have the buying power to go up early and try and get one of the better rookie QBs in the draft and because these players are free agents at the end of the year, it really wouldn't cost us anything (in terms of those draft picks, since we didn't have them at first).

Imagine we get a coach like Lincoln Riley and he could have his pick of QBs, I think that would be a great way to start his NFL head coaching career. We would need to trade our first, second, and whatever picks we get from Cooper and Prescott and maybe more depending on if any of that can happen.

Does Jerry put next year's coach in the best position possible or does he as he always does, ride it out with Jason Garrett to the detriment of this team, the players, and the fans?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No matter who we put on this team. If we can't motivate these players properly pretty speechless embarrass frustrated

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If this front office can't re-sign Amari Cooper before the trade deadline, they absolutely need to trade him to another team and hope that with their playoff ambitions they are desperate for improved offense.

I'd also try to trade Dak before the trade deadline as well (if you're not going to pay him 30 million a year, and you shouldn't). The problem here is that unlike Cooper, I don't think a team will take him unless they felt like they could slot him in immediately, their qb was injured and they didn't plan on continuing with that qb in the future. Maybe a team like Buffalo if they can stay in the playoff chase.

At this point, our draft pick will be in the middle of the pack. If you could trade Cooper for a first or a second, and trade Dak for a first or a second, you might have the buying power to go up early and try and get one of the better rookie QBs in the draft and because these players are free agents at the end of the year, it really wouldn't cost us anything (in terms of those draft picks, since we didn't have them at first).

Imagine we get a coach like Lincoln Riley and he could have his pick of QBs, I think that would be a great way to start his NFL head coaching career. We would need to trade our first, second, and whatever picks we get from Cooper and Prescott and maybe more depending on if any of that can happen.

Does Jerry put next year's coach in the best position possible or does he as he always does, ride it out with Jason Garrett to the detriment of this team, the players, and the fans?

I'm going to try to hook up with Kate Beckinsale, which is about as likely as those things happening.

Creeper

Reaction score
Cooper is a free agents in 10 games. No one will give much for him unless the Cowboys sign him first - and eat some of his contract. Cooper is a great route runner and receiver, but he has a history of injuries and drops. That's why Chuckie was willing to let him go. I never liked the trade. But its done. At this point, Cooper is not going anywhere until 2020. And if Dallas does not resign him then they wasted a 1st round pick on him.

Trading Dak is just silly. I don;t believe he is a top 5 QB, maybe not even a top 10. But Dak does seems to have that something. He does seem to play better when the game is on the line. He is good enough to get Dallas to a Super Bowl but he also needs some help from the rest of the team. People talk about the slow start on offense, but look at the defense! Getting behind 31-3 and then 21-3 to a team that had only scored 2 offensive TDs all year was all on the defense. Giving up that TD right before the half was just awful.

I won;t disagree that Dak has started slow in these games. He's been inaccurate early, but he has had no help from his receivers. You can't blame Dak because Gallup had stone hands in the first half yesterday. He dropped several catches that would have been first downs and extended drives. When these mistakes stop, the Cowboys offense will score points.

John813

Reaction score
0.0000000000000000069% chance of both happening.

Dallas doesn't care about stocking draft picks in a "win now" mode.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The Cowboys are a fool's gold team. They look all shiny and like they'll deliver the goods, but then turn out to be worthless. I predicted the Jets would win by 2 points. I hate being right.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
At least you are suggesting we trade away assets to stockpile picks. This is correct as there is absolutely no reason to trade for anyone just to waste their talent as well. Give the next coach a chance to mold a team the way he wants.