Trade Discussion rumors: Earl Thomas to Cowboys

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
S if a pretty big need. So I guess the question is, are there any safeties of ET caliber we can draft at 50. We will prob have the benefit of 4 years either way, as I am certain a new deal will have to be reached before they do the trade. A 2nd Rd player becomes a FA after 4 years with the possibility to re-sign or be tagged. I don't know enough about ET to say do it or not, I do know he is a player that is highly regarded but I don't watch enough of Seattle games to form an opinion. But I don't really care about draft picks or who is selected where, it makes no difference to me. The only thing I care about is can they play, I don't care if they are a 1st or 7th round pick, don't matter how they got here, only that they perform while here. So if he is the best S we can get for a second rd pick, then go for it.

To answer your question, NO............there are no safeties at pick 50 that could even hold ET's jock strap!

Xavier187

Reaction score
They like sutton, Vander Esh, Moore, Payne, Ridley and thats just the ones we know.
VEA VANDER EACH AND Moore in round 1
They hinge on all Wrs. After Ridley but do not believe Ridley will be there at 19.

Js there is more proof to that point if you just check around.
They have narrowed it to 3 but trace back would expand that. And I'm not even sure vander esch is over Evan's and no one else does either

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My concern is his health. He hasn't really stayed healthy for a few seasons now. That's not what we want if we make that trade. This, from a Horns fan, Thomas fan.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
mst3k-29.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
First we rehab him, then we re-educate him, then we ban him then we keel him!
The load of tiki torches and pitchforks are here!

That's what I have always appreciated about you GTB. Not only can I count on you for the resources to get the job done, I know that after it's all said and done, you will write it up in such a professional manner!

:laugh:

mugsybows

Reaction score
Graziano's story makes it seem like the 50 pick isnt an issue its just earls willingness to do a long term contract. i think they arent going to break the bank for him thats why its the biggest deal breaker.

they dont wanna trade for him and then when stephen eventually offers him packing peanuts for him to bounce.

Xavier187

Reaction score
My concern is his health. He hasn't really stayed healthy for a few seasons now. That's not what we want if we make that trade. This, from a Horns fan, Thomas fan.
I've said the same thing since they started to link him to the cowboys. Didn't he think about retiring not to long ago when he got that really bad Injury????
Js

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
VEA VANDER EACH AND Moore in round 1
They hinge on all Wrs. After Ridley but do not believe Ridley will be there at 19.

Js there is more proof to that point if you just check around.
They have narrowed it to 3 but trace back would expand that. And I'm not even sure vander esch is over Evan's and no one else does either

I feel confident Vander Esh is over evans. You are leaving out Sutton.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's what I have always appreciated about you GTB. Not only can I count on you for the resources to get the job done, I know that after it's all said and done, you will write it up in such a professional manner!

:laugh:
6bf.gif

Verdict

Reaction score
I read the first page, skipped the intervening ones, and read the last only to discover that we're still on "ban this poster if no evidence." That's a lot of bloodthirsty peasants with rusty implements clamoring outside the castle.

Tar and pitchforks are at the ready.

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't know why you guys have yalls panties in a bunch over trading our 2nd round pick for the best FS in the entire f'ing league.

We usually draft a gimp, drug addict, or TE that never plays with our 2nd so that is what is stressing everybody?
Yes but they are our gimps!