Trade Discussion rumors: Earl Thomas to Cowboys

Xavier187

Reaction score
It's also very hard to trade up past Tampa bay and would likely cost you 2019 1st rounder.

So I would come to believe Darwin James is a moot subject.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
giving up a 2nd rounder for a 30yr old? yeah I know, he is exactly what we need and a more sure thing, but a 2nd rounder????

If true, I think they would have to consider grabbing a WR in first. Pushing that off to third round is just asking for a Terrance Williams again. We have those type guys.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I dont think we can get a 2 from this years draft unless someone is desperate.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure how the points are slotted for each draft position, but I think we'd at least have to go to the very bottom of the 1st round to get a second round pick and maybe not even then. And if we did, I would assume it'd be a low 2nd round pick.

Jipper

Reaction score
Reading on rotoworld it sounds like the compensation of a 2nd round pick is not an issue if he agrees to an extensipn...its a bit nebulous but the info would seem to suggest it's a likely deal pending player cooperation on an extension...

I think we will hear more about it tomorrow and might see it go through tonight if we trade back...

Xavier187

Reaction score
I think the only pick at 19 is Veta Vea and a trade back is very much in the works. Just my thoughts.

Considering you put together the recent reports Dallas sees 1 wr as a 1st rounder the rest 2nd to udfas.

I would say wr will be the 1st pick unless that 1 player lands there

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Reading on rotoworld it sounds like the compensation of a 2nd round pick is not an issue if he agrees to an extensipn...its a bit nebulous but the info would seem to suggest it's a likely deal pending player cooperation on an extension...

I think we will hear more about it tomorrow and might see it go through tonight if we trade back...

Click the link on rotoworld. It clearly says that Seattle would accept a 2. It also says that a deal would require an extension. It does not say the Cowboys agreed to a 2.

It's getting to the point where I am thinking a thread needs to be made pointing out his distinction because a ton of people are being misled.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't know why you guys have yalls panties in a bunch over trading our 2nd round pick for the best FS in the entire f'ing league.

We usually draft a gimp, drug addict, or TE that never plays with our 2nd so that is what is stressing everybody?

Carson

Reaction score

Sounds a bit fishy to me. Earl wants to be here ... I find it hard that if Jerry wants him that bad, that his contract is the huge holdup

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think the only pick at 19 is Veta Vea and a trade back is very much in the works. Just my thoughts.

Considering you put together the recent reports Dallas sees 1 wr as a 1st rounder the rest 2nd to udfas.

I would say wr will be the 1st pick unless that 1 player lands there

They like sutton, Vander Esh, Moore, Payne, Ridley and thats just the ones we know.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Shame on the OP. I hope he ends up being right though! ET leading Chido, Lewis, Woods and the gang would make our secondary tough.
Nah it'll be so. You just gotta see if he likes the contract that's offered and go from there

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
S if a pretty big need. So I guess the question is, are there any safeties of ET caliber we can draft at 50. We will prob have the benefit of 4 years either way, as I am certain a new deal will have to be reached before they do the trade. A 2nd Rd player becomes a FA after 4 years with the possibility to re-sign or be tagged. I don't know enough about ET to say do it or not, I do know he is a player that is highly regarded but I don't watch enough of Seattle games to form an opinion. But I don't really care about draft picks or who is selected where, it makes no difference to me. The only thing I care about is can they play, I don't care if they are a 1st or 7th round pick, don't matter how they got here, only that they perform while here. So if he is the best S we can get for a second rd pick, then go for it.