Trade Dlaw now

TwentyOne

Reaction score
^So true.

I'll say this...Smith n Griffen are going to push DLaw to raise his game.

The guy got paid and the money he is going to make is as good as guaranteed. So why should he raise his game ?
Heck, we even picked up another optional year on his contract to even further bind us to him.....

We essentially sent the message to him: "the way you act and play we are satisfied with".

So why should he change anything ?

This FO is so bad.

Since Garrett is gone we climbed from ~ 1.5 mil in dead money to 12.5. It took this FO 5 months to destroy what we achieved in 6 years.

Lets see where we are cap wise in 1 year.

ITs the same old story here: One coach comes along helps to get rid of the errors others made. Thats hard and long work. Then the next coach comes in (BigMacCarthy) and lives from the work the last coach did. Will leave a mess (cap wise) and here we go again.

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Wow, Zeke longest run = 14 yards! But he's all world. No one complains that he's getting paid.

Hey.

I complained from the day we drafted him.

I am just tired of it....

He was so bad last year, i guess people are just happy that he can run straight again and isnt overweight.

Cmac

Reaction score
Ban the scouting team from Idaho and Boise State.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
As much as the defense pissed me off the pass rush can't be blamed when the Rams approach was to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds.

Nolan played too much off man coverage.

Rams were just taking the easy yards.

In a few times Nolan went to press coverage, the Rams would audible to a run.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
When we were starting the conversation you argumentation was exactly the opposite.

And i knew that you are gonna make a joke out of the fact that i used 50% instead of 51%.
You do understand that 1% really doesnt matter in context of our conversation ? Dont you think you making yourself looking a little bit stupid when you "LOL" about that ? I mean others here can read your stuff too...

But anyways ... Do you at least understand what i am trying to say ? Because i am not so sure about that anymore.

You give me the feeling you are so about proving you are right and i am wrong that you are no more able to follow other chain of thoughts even not your own.

I suggest you take 2 days off then read our whole converstation. Maybe then you are able to understand what my point is.
I don't care about the 1% difference, which is why I've said multiple times that the actual number you want to use doesn't matter.

No, I don't know what you're trying to say. You haven't made a point.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I never wanted to sign him long term to being with... he was barely a factor his first 3 years and then in his contract yr he blows up?!? That’s a lazy player looking for a pay day... and almost 2 years later I have yet to see anything to change my mind.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The guy got paid and the money he is going to make is as good as guaranteed. So why should he raise his game ?
Heck, we even picked up another optional year on his contract to even further bind us to him.....

We essentially sent the message to him: "the way you act and play we are satisfied with".

So why should he change anything ?

This FO is so bad.

Since Garrett is gone we climbed from ~ 1.5 mil in dead money to 12.5. It took this FO 5 months to destroy what we achieved in 6 years.

Lets see where we are cap wise in 1 year.

ITs the same old story here: One coach comes along helps to get rid of the errors others made. Thats hard and long work. Then the next coach comes in (BigMacCarthy) and lives from the work the last coach did. Will leave a mess (cap wise) and here we go again.
I certainly can not argue your point. The extra year they tacked on was not smart, at all. I think this is what the guy is now. If he had any pride in his game he would compete at a higher level.

RoboQB

Reaction score
A guy that hasn't played in 5 years showed more on the stat sheet than DLaw.
But hey, nice pass deflection... lol

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I don't care about the 1% difference, which is why I've said multiple times that the actual number you want to use doesn't matter.

No, I don't know what you're trying to say. You haven't made a point.

I know you dont care. And thats my point.

Read all the posts and figure it out yourself. If you dont get it, you are lacking IQ. I cant help you then.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm not sure how DLaw is supposed to fix the fact that the Cowboys couldn't cover anyone within 5 yards of the LOS for 3 quarters. There's not a pass rusher in the history of the league who would have gotten home with any type of consistency tonight.

The entire Rams scheme was "get the ball out as fast as we can and make the Cowboys miss tackles." That's because the passrush is dangerous.

The players to be mad at are the LBers, who were entirely lost all night.

- What you do to stop those quick out passes is press jam receivers,... stop the freaking run game to make it longer downs and distances ..
and for heaven sakes ..stop da damn quick screen that everyone know we simply cannot stop - no matter who the DC is it seems.

Next week or two, we'll see some other defensive team able to stop those quick out passes that we could not do

- One guy that will continually kill us on defense is Jaylon Smith, ..he is certainly not the Only one mind you, but every time you see quick screens
and misdirection coming at us .. they always work on Jaylon. ! Hes' a sucka for misdirection plays

- LVE is another that gets turned too often, but no one stands out like Swipe does, he's not a play maker to me. Just not instinctive at all. And what is
his deal with running around blocks or being so easily wiped out at 2nd level of blocking ?

Hope i am so wrong but i really believe at some point Jaylon is gonna end up being traded or cut.
i really want to totally overhaul and revamp this LB unit .

:confused:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I told you take 2 days off and read again.

If you still understand question your intellect.
I don't care what you told me, you have no point.

If I'm so stupid, why don't you just go ahead and say what your point is an enlighten me.

CWR

Reaction score
While he still has a little stock. He’s declining big time. Roll with the cheaper options for this year(who are equal if not better). Start Smith and Griffen and Gregory could be the 3rd rusher when he’s back, and let Anae get some time. Get rid of that horrid contract and get a premium 2nd round pick for him. Offer him to the browns for their 2nd thoughts?

Im more concerned about getting rid of Jaylons contract, although I'd be happy to rid ourselves of any remaining hotboyz.

I feel like Dlaw will still produce, I wish we'd have signed those other guys to at least 2 year deals.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Aaron Donald had 7 pressures and the Cowboys threw the ball 39 times.

MOST OF the time, he wasn't disruptive because the ball was MOST OF THE TIME out quick.

So Donald was able to get a QB pressure on 17.9% of pass attempts......how many pressures did Lawrence achieve?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Bro he is getting Aaron Donald money. Take your emotion out of it. He isn’t worth anything close to that. He’s a 10-12 million a year player at best. That contract is toxic.
Too late to rebuild now,, its game time bro.
Week 1 is a loss but its time to attempt to move forward, not backwards.
Offseason is just around the corner,, just be patient..lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most of the time would be 51%, but you can use whatever arbitrary number you want.

A DL is never disruptive most of the time. Donald is the most disruptive DL in football and is disruptive on maybe a quarter of passing plays. If the Cowboys held the ball on every throw, that number would go way up. They didn't. Dak's average time to throw last night was 2.82 seconds. There is not a defensive lineman in the history of the NFL who is going to get consistent pressures when the ball is out that quick, especially not when there are outliers on scrambling type plays that drive the number up.
I'd say Donald was disruptive in the sense that his presence kept our offense from running the plays they're best at. We need to develop more quick, yet effective plays.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'd say Donald was disruptive in the sense that his presence kept our offense from running the plays they're best at. We need to develop more quick, yet effective plays.
Well yea, in a sense Donald is disruptive on every play. But we're just talking about the quantifiable.

For the most part, Dallas' passing game was quick. Again, ball was out in an average of 2.82, and that number skews up with some of the scrambling plays and that sort of thing. There were only 6 sacks in the entire league that occurred faster than that last week. 4 of them weren't by DL - so they're just blitzes that were the right call.