Trade Dlaw now

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd say Donald was disruptive in the sense that his presence kept our offense from running the plays they're best at. We need to develop more quick, yet effective plays.

I think Dak needs more time than he's getting to deliver passes on time. He's also slow in reacting to what's happening downfield.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I simply asked how many pressures Lawrence got but thanks for the educated reply.
Yea but everyone and their mother knows that isn't your point. Your next point is going to be "For that contract he should get way more pressures." You just want to complain about his money.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yea but everyone and their mother knows that isn't your point. Your next point is going to be "For that contract he should get way more pressures." You just want to complain about his money.

Okay, when you can predict the next lotto numbers let me know.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not too sure if Lawrence's swoon is due to his shoulder not being 100% or if it's simply between his ears.

But . . . something ain't quite what it used to be. Hopefully, whatever the problem is will be overcome in time.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The DLaw and Jaylon Smith contracts are killers. All mouth and no play from either.

blueblood70

Reaction score
While he still has a little stock. He’s declining big time. Roll with the cheaper options for this year(who are equal if not better). Start Smith and Griffen and Gregory could be the 3rd rusher when he’s back, and let Anae get some time. Get rid of that horrid contract and get a premium 2nd round pick for him. Offer him to the browns for their 2nd thoughts?
can we trade away CZ members to other teams forum boards? that would be nice ban for life..

Flamma

Reaction score
I will repeat what a number of intelligent posters have already stated in this thread. Go on Spotrac. Have a look at his contract. Now try to get over it. He is ours for 1 more year after this one then we will cut him and eat 19 million in dead money. He will then go to a smart team on a 1 year deal for 6 million dollars and ball out. His contract is literally a masters class in how not to win in today's NFL. Typically it would get a GM fired. Probably not gonna happen here. If it makes you feel any better I am sure he will be on the sidelines with some form of injury by week 8.

I was not for paying DLaw or Zeke when push came to shove. But in hindsight, Zeke's contract isn't that bad, and the alternative wouldn't be much better. But the Tank contract is horrible. I think he's a 27 mil cap hit next year. You have to be Khalil Mack to justify that cap hit. He has to go after next year.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I was not for paying DLaw or Zeke when push came to shove. But in hindsight, Zeke's contract isn't that bad, and the alternative wouldn't be much better. But the Tank contract is horrible. I think he's a 27 mil cap hit next year. You have to be Khalil Mack to justify that cap hit. He has to go after next year.

Lawrence's remaining contract:

2020 $9.9M Cap Hit $53.9M Dead Money

2021 $25M Cap Hit $44M Dead Money

2022 $27M Cap Hit $19M Dead Money

2023 $29M Cap Hit $11M Dead Money

2024 $0 Cap Hit $3M Dead Money (due to restructure)

What that means isDallas is stuck with Lawrence until at least the end of the 2021 season.

I personally was not a fan of signing Lawrence to a big extension due to concerns about injuries as well as the concern of him playing up for a contract. I openly stated that Dallas should have assigned the non-exclusive franchise tag and work out a trade with another team.

The Zeke contract is not that bad considering his age and on field performance but the Lawrence contract is an albatross.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Lawrence's remaining contract:

2020 $9.9M Cap Hit $53.9M Dead Money

2021 $25M Cap Hit $44M Dead Money

2022 $27M Cap Hit $19M Dead Money

2023 $29M Cap Hit $11M Dead Money

2024 $0 Cap Hit $3M Dead Money (due to restructure)

What that means isDallas is stuck with Lawrence until at least the end of the 2022 season.

I personally was not a fan of signing Lawrence to a big extension due to concerns about injuries as well as the concern of him playing up for a contract. I openly stated that Dallas should have assigned the non-exclusive franchise tag and work out a trade with another team.

The Zeke contract is not that bad considering his age and on field performance but the Lawrence contract is an albatross.

Can't Dallas release him after the 2021 season? 19 Million against the cap is better than 27 mil if he's dead weight.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I'm not too sure if Lawrence's swoon is due to his shoulder not being 100% or if it's simply between his ears.

But . . . something ain't quite what it used to be. Hopefully, whatever the problem is will be overcome in time.

He got paid, this is pretty much the standard for the Cowboys.

Zordon

Reaction score
D-Law is paid to be the alpha dog of this defense. To be the guy we can lean on when all else fails. To cause disruption in the backfield and force other teams to use extra resources to block him, freeing up opportunities for his teammates.

Does anybody really get the sense that he's any of that?

jnday

Reaction score
D-Law is paid to be the alpha dog of this defense. To be the guy we can lean on when all else fails. To cause disruption in the backfield and force other teams to use extra resources to block him, freeing up opportunities for his teammates.

Does anybody really get the sense that he's any of that?
He wasn’t any of those things when they handed him a big contract. He was constantly injured and on his best day, he was just slightly above average. It is odd that he played very well and was healthy when he was playing for a big contract. He has returned to being just another average DE in this league. Now, he is just an overpayed average DE.

jnday

Reaction score
Wow, Zeke longest run = 14 yards! But he's all world. No one complains that he's getting paid.
Zeke has dropped a little , but he is still a highly productive player. DLaw hasn’t played well since he signed the big contract. He is not a top tier player and his production has proven that. When it comes to big contracts, Martin may be the only player with a big contract that is playing up to his potential. None of these big pay-outs have been worth the money compared to the production from the players. Now they want to sign Dak to a big contract and the chances of him playing to the level of his contract is slim to none. There is too much money tied up in players that are not playing up to the level of contract they have.