Trade Gallup before deadline

Flamma

Reaction score
No need for him unless you plan cut cooper off-season. I rather have cooper he plays hurt and is a proven #1 - I honestly don’t think gallop is a 1 and maybe not even a #2. If I can get a 2nd or a stud cb/dl player I gotta trade gallop now. Don’t keep him without plan - Wilson can be our #3.

I agree. But they may be moving on from Cooper. And Gallup is much better than Cedrick Wilson. The only thing I'm worried about is that Gallup wants Cooper money. If that's the case then trade him now.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No need for him unless you plan cut cooper off-season. I rather have cooper he plays hurt and is a proven #1 - I honestly don’t think gallop is a 1 and maybe not even a #2. If I can get a 2nd or a stud cb/dl player I gotta trade gallop now. Don’t keep him without plan - Wilson can be our #3.

I'm not totally opposed to it considering how the offense is doing without him, but I'm also a contingency plan guy. It's a long season and Cooper has had a lot of issues in his career with lower-body injuries. What if he goes out? Are we comfortable with Lamb, Wilson and Malike Turner/Simi Fehoko?

I think having the depth that we do is better than what we'd probably get in a trade, and thanks to compensatory pick, if he leaves next year, we could get up to a third-round pick.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We have 45 players under contract for next year with several starters and big contributors up for contracts
We are also already over the cap for next year and while it may go up more than projected we aren’t just a couple million over
If we think this team has a real shot then you don’t trade Gallup, you keep him and go for it
But next year Gallup, LVE, CW are likely all gone and many others are FA
It’s gonna be complicated
Yes sir. The cap for some reason has went bad. I know D-Law is due a guaranteed big check. Now we can redo his and Cooper and a few others contracts but that may only draw us a bit ahead. Some is gonna be draft and FA on one year deals. Or we maybe dependent on back ups. We are deep on this team. We need to get back ups some reps this year and see what we can develope..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

cooper is always hurt it seems and not getting any younger. Plus he costs 22 million per year.

No one will pay that much. I would play out the year with him. We are a legitimate contender.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I swear it's the same person making these posts but has like 5 accounts. It's the same dude that wouldn't shut up about drafting Derrick Henry I bet. Smh.

Jipper

Reaction score
Nobody is untradable for the right price....let's just make sure we are all on the same page....everyone has a price.

That being said....someone like gallop is going to net us a 3rd round comp pick so that means we can't take less than that....

A 3rd isn't enough so it would need to be a 3rd plus a 4th or a 2nd....and even then it's hard to do.

The one thing I will say is we have really seen the depth we have in wr so might make a lot of sense if the price is right.

Keep him but don't miss out if you can grab more value than he's worth

Everyone has their price

Swaggstar1

Reaction score
No keep Gallup I love Amari but there are games he doesn’t show up and Gallup picks up the slack

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s hard to trade a player who is not a superstar when he’s in the final year of his contract. You’d be lucky to get a 7th round pick or another player in his last year at another position. Gallup is of more value to us this season. He is the only player we have who attacks the 50/50 pass downfield the way he does.